Zenith v2 bf option

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaypudding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
North of NYC
do not worry, mine were really loose when I got my Zenith's. They are nice and snug now, probably takes a couple weeks for them to snug everything up. I was actually quite annoyed about this when I first got them. They were utterly perfect except for the loose cap, and it was almost a deal breaker for me. Thankfully I decided to give them some time and sure enough, the cap is real snug now, nice click when it goes in place. I did order o-rings though, i think they're 1mm x 17mm, they were back ordered, so I am still waiting for them.

Shinu77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2013
Zanesville, OH
do not worry, mine were really loose when I got my Zenith's. They are nice and snug now, probably takes a couple weeks for them to snug everything up. I was actually quite annoyed about this when I first got them. They were utterly perfect except for the loose cap, and it was almost a deal breaker for me. Thankfully I decided to give them some time and sure enough, the cap is real snug now, nice click when it goes in place. I did order o-rings though, i think they're 1mm x 17mm, they were back ordered, so I am still waiting for them.

I hope so. Like you I'm really annoyed with the cap

since1981

Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Guys, from the looks of it Crescent Moon is more busy with amping up their color palette than the bottom feeder mod idea.

What about discussing possible ways to mod the DIY mod the Zenith to work as a bottom feeder?

To be frank, as interesting as I am in doing such a thing I'm whether talented enough, nor calm enough to do such a procedure. Not even to mention that I don't have the equipment at hand.

Anyway, I imagine it could work by milling the center post like in this Patriot BF mod. The additional challenge for the Zenith would be do drill a small tube-like hole through the adjustable bottom screw… which has a very narrow diameter.

Any thoughts on this?

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Marysville, Washington, USA
I now have a BF modded Zenith. After 4 cobalt bits trying to drill the side hole I destroyed the original center pin. I found that the insulator for the Cyclone fit perfect so I pulled a BF center pin out of one of my cyclones and stuffed that in there.
Photo14.JPG

Photo11.JPG

Works great! :)

When I do my next one I think I'll cut out the side juice hole the same way they notched out the center posts for the wire catch holes. The center was pretty easy to drill out but I suspect the way they are tempered is what makes drilling the side hole more of a challenge. Soft on the inside, hard on the outside. (Just guessing)

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
I've got 2 more Zeniths on pre-order. I'll be getting more practice if they don't come out with an aftermarket solution first. It did prompt me to go out and actually buy a nice drill press. :)

I tell ya though, I'm thoroughly enjoying this upgrade. It's my all take to work ADV. The ultimate dripper with juice on tap.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Posting Against ECF Supplier TOS

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
I've had 2 Zeniths on pre-order for quite a while with kidney Puncher. They say there is a tooling/parts problem causing a delay in this next batch but they are adding several machines to prevent delays in following runs. Release date has been changed a couple of times, latest being 6/6/2014.

I'm not the only one that has put in a request for the BF center pins. KP has been pretty responsive in the past on such requests... We shall see. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread