Zephyrus V2 HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuclear Coffee

Jan 31, 2012
Virginia
I like the tank alright. I use the build deck. So it leaks and leaks and leaks some more. I'm running 70/30, VG/PG. I DYI my juice so I know that it. In desperation I pack the cotton, I mean stuff it in there, more than I have ever done with My kanger subohm plus or Lemo 2. That helped alot, no more leaking by just sitting there not being used.
BUT. It leaks like hell on filling. I make sure not to pump it in there too fast. I make sure the hole I'm not using is clear so the air can get out. What do I need to do?

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Hmm bad out of the box.. it could happen

I have the zeph v2 and I've used the RBA in my rotation for about 2 weeks. I didn't get any leakage during refilling.

Only times I would get leakage is if I left the tank unattended for a couple days with juice in it in direct sunlight.

I would replace all the o-rings to see if that solves your problem.

KronosBystander

May 31, 2016
I know what the problem is.
Ive got half a dozen RBA's now, some are good and some are just rubbish and its a shame about the Zephyrus it vapes nicely.
I noticed vapour in the tank and that led me to focus on the union with the chimney and the atomiser.
Nice fine thread but there's no seal, vapour comes through the thread into the tank and juice flows through the thread into the coil area and out of the bottom.
Today I have written to UD explaining that the tank is faulty bu design and am waiting for a reply.
Regards
Steve

Reactions: TVC70

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
I know what the problem is.
Ive got half a dozen RBA's now, some are good and some are just rubbish and its a shame about the Zephyrus it vapes nicely.
I noticed vapour in the tank and that led me to focus on the union with the chimney and the atomiser.
Nice fine thread but there's no seal, vapour comes through the thread into the tank and juice flows through the thread into the coil area and out of the bottom.
Today I have written to UD explaining that the tank is faulty bu design and am waiting for a reply.
Regards
Steve

I like the vape the Zeph V2 puts out even with their prebuilt coils but you are right. B/c of the nature of the design the tank is a PIA to assemble and disassemble especially the top + bottom parts where the chimney screws into the deck cover.

I had the RBA leak on me because the top portion unscrewed the RBA section from the bottom section during refill.

Reactions: Jake67

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA

Steve

I actually haven't had any leaking issues with either of my Zeph V2s, but I see what you mean about this junction not having a seal. Something to keep an eye on, for sure. :thumb:

Moto-EC

Jan 11, 2016
I was frustrated with the leak/dry hits I was struggling with. I drilled 4 holes the in the barrel. I marked the barrel when it was installed and drilled each hole in front of where the wick channel was inside. Now I can use a little more cotton inside. I use the tails of the cotton to tuck down in the channel and the rest to cover the holes.
Now I love this tank! No leaks even when filling(air flow closed). Absolutely no dry hits. I'll try taking some photos of how I did it. I have two of these, what difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread