The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
Vaporesso_Chelsea
TIM图片20180822201611.png

Zero Kit By Renova Vapor

Retails for:
Vaporesso, Renova Vapor, Zero, Pod, PTF
TIM图片20180822201611.png
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vaporesso_Chelsea

Vaporesso_Chelsea Brand Manager ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2016
    This thread is for the general discussion of the Pod Vape Zero Kit By Renova Vapor. Please add to the discussion here.

• Like Like x 2
  2. United States

United States Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    First full day with one of these using a favorite 3ml (freebase) juice. I bought it yesterday after work.

By far the smoothest nicotine vapor device I've used yet.
    Ordinarily when I take a drag I waste about 50% of the steam and inhale the other half. Otherwise I choke or cough. With the zero that is not the case.
    No need to pre-puff to get a good drag. It's ready to go from the get-go.

I do not know the details of the ceramic wick, but can say I tried a drag within 1 minute of filling the tank with a tart juice and got a nice drag. Note, I had purchased some replacement pods so I was not concerned about ruining the atty right away, I just wanted to see what would happen. For tart flavors you get yummy really quickly. For sweeter stuff you need to allow more time for things to soak in.

So later I put in some mild sweet flavored juice and waited about 30 minutes. It wasn't all that so I set it off to the side and vaped the rest of the evening with my favorite larger device. However after letting it sit overnight made a huge difference. Nice flavor drag after drag.

It is stated that the zero uses temperature control to prevent dry hits. I don't know all the science behind that but will say that if this thing is a representation of temperature controlled vaping I'm in. I'm a wattage user. (Maybe not much longer).

I'm using the 12 watt (high) setting. I tried a 25 salt nic in it and found the 7watt (low) setting to be best for me. Nic salt makes me cough, but the zero did very well at taming it. I just don't dig on nic salts regardless of device.
    I'll try a 6 ml juice and see how the 9 watt (medium) does with that.

The push to fill module is a great idea. My only qualm with that is if you want to change flavors mid-way through a tank load. I haven't figured out how to deain the tank. Nevertheless I just filled another pod with the flavor I wanted to use.

Another wonderful design by Vapresso. I hope that going forward as all things vape device evolves at warp speed that Vapresso will continue to have replacement pods available for the zero. The store had a box of 20 pods available and I may take advantage of that. But I wanted to try it for a few days before stocking up.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    From here: [Giveaway] Which pod system is your favorite? Enter to win our Zero kit by Renova Vapor!

My Blue Zero arrived. Thank you! @Vaporesso_Chelsea

Charged it for 15 minutes or so until I got a green light.
    Drawing on the empty pod, not attached to the device, I get a mild plastic taste.
    I filled it with approx 50/50 6mg/ml freebase Juice.
    I will be using the "Green" hi power setting.
    Weight with an almost full pod is approx 53 grams.

The testing begins.
    The first pulls tasted of robot fart, I think because it pulls air over the electronics within. After about 5 pulls the robot taste was gone/muted by the juice flavour.
    I may have overfilled the pod as after 5-7 pulls chain vaping, I'm getting a bit of juice on my lips. It may well be just condensation.
    Using a Honey/caramel/tobacco juice and the flavour is just okay. Nicotine delivery/satisfaction is better than expected, but the throat hit is mild.
    It's size is a bit awkward for my average hands and I have not settled into a consistent grip, alternating between a pinch with three fingers on top, thumb beneath and a loose fisted grasp.

I'll live with it for a few days and post an update.

Cheers
    I

Update:
    Second fill using 70%VG liqiud.
    Flavour has improved.
    Juicy lips if chain vaping 4 or more pulls in a row.
    Where is the MAX fill level?
    As I refilled, the air leaving the pod brought juice bubbles with it and left a drop or two around the fill port.
    IMO: It needs an option to fire with a button in addition to the draw activation.
    Battery life seems to match pod capacity. Empty pod = Red (recharge) light.
    I

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Foggy Road

Foggy Road Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    I finally received my Zero last evening that I won in your giveaway on September 19th. I have to say that my first experience with it was dreadfully dismal. But within an hour I had figured out a hack for the airflow turned my experience to sheer bliss.
    Like I said, I've had this darling pod for less than 24 hours. I'm not gonna jump the gun just yet but I think there may be one or two more of these in my near future! I feel fortunate that I may have found the perfect pod *for me* with the very first one I've tried.
    Perhaps Vaporesso might consider creating some sort of tiny silicon part that mimics my hack and include it in the kit for other MTL'ers like myself?

Let me explain by including some PM shared with other winners from that contest below. vvvvvvv

Yup, I finally got mine, it's red.

vvvvvvvvvvvvv

Wellllll, I'm glad it didn't cost nuthin more than stretching my patience. Me and this draw activated firing already ain't getting along. I'll be damned if I'm gonna have my device tellin me how I'm gonna draw on it!
    I have 2 extra pods on the way from FT. Don't know if I'll even bother refilling this one. Too airy for me to begin with then I gotta really honk on it to keep it cookin. Meh!

vvvvvvvvvvvvv

Ok, so me and the zero got off to a rocky start last night.
    First off.... I knew I had 2 packages coming and thought I knew what they were. I was looking forward to both. When I opened the box and saw the Zero I was actually kinda disappointed.
    Then found the air flow not to my liking. It was like I needed to use full blown cloud chucking DL draw to keep the auto fire active thru a full puff.
    Then my lips started burning from the high nic/high PG juice coming out the mouthpiece. Awwwww screw this.... It's the freakin iCare all over again! -#@!+ It! Hadn't Vaped a full ml of juice thru it and I tossed it back in its box.... Done with it!

Moved on to the next PKG. Then a simple redneck engineering idea for cutting the airflow came to mind... I tried it and now the little '..... in a red dress' has become my sweetheart!
    The airflow has been cut by half... Spot on for me.... And autofire is reacting perfectly! If I can learn to deal with her wet sloppy kisses I'm gonna marry her.:wub::wub::wub::wub:

vvvvvvvvvvvvv

Gonna try taking some pics in a moment when I refill.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Ok, only camera I have is my phone. I edited best I could.

On each side where the pod meets the device are the airflow inlets.

[​IMG]

Just take a small strip of paper towel about 1/4" wide, fold it over a few times, lay it in one side of the device. Be careful here! If you make it so thick that it's extremelyhard to insert the pod it will be near impossible to remove for refill! You could accomplish the same thing by just putting a piece of tape over one of the sides but would be much more unsightly IMO. I plan to make a run to Dollar Tree and pickup some color matching napkins or tissue paper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also I upped the power to mid level and haven't gotten another sloppy kiss from her yet.

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. United States

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    Day 2 for me. After using only the zero all day it began showing blue when I puffed. Stuck it on a charge and in like 10 minutes it was charged. I liked how it told me it was vaping on medium.

I used about a half a tank. After a charge I decided to use it on medium today. I'm finding production is just as good, but flavor is a wee bit better with a sweet/tart sauce. I mixed a 50/50 combo of 25 nic salt with a zero freebase and it's nice and mild where that same sauce is harsh in my "air" device.

I put a tank ring at each end for better grip with gloves in cool weather. I really like the similar to a flashdrive shape. I actually call it my "flashdrive vape" when discussing it with others. Fits nicely into a shirt pocket with enough weight to remember it's there. The rubber rings also prevent it from slipping out while bending over.

Bought Mrs. States the rainbow colored version.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Foggy Road

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    My 2nd full day yesterday using this pod exclusively. I've gone thru 3 full tanks and recharged twice. Last recharge the battery level indicator had been showing blue for quite awhile after using full power all day. Took barely 20 minutes to reach full charge.

Using 50/50 36mg FB DIY juice. Mixed especially for this device. I'm gonna have to back off the nic a bit with next mix. Yesterday was my first experience with believing I'd gotten over nic'ed in 3.5 years of vaping. Just goes to show that this tiny thing does deliver!

I enjoy the convenience of a lanyard. I put a large automotive o-ring on the end of a lanyard and slipped over the device to just below the juice pod. Can hardly tell the thing is there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. United States

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    Good idea on the o'ring/lanyard.

I'd like to see somebody incorparate a pocket clip on this sized device.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Guess I'm the only one that "won" one of these, but never received it.:(

9. Foggy Road

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Stiiilllll? o_O I thought I was the last to get my prize.

10. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I guess I'll eventually get it, if you only got yours a few days ago.
    Only part that bugs me is I've got a Fasttech order I wanna place, and not sure if I want to order extra pods.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. United States

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    Day 3; I went back to high after about an hour of use today.

It seemed like the wick was clogging. I'm using a honey colored 70%vg semi-sweet juice so I figure medium will do nicely with a new pod or with thinner/clearer less sweet sauce. Maybe the added heat will allow going back to medium before refill?

On day 2 I had used approx half the juice and refilled last night before bed. I used a larger device for a while but overall I'm just using this pod to see how it performs over time.

I wanted an EQ but bought this instead. I prefer to purchase items from shops and my favorite one does not have the EQ (yet). No regret at all. Yeah, I'll get around to an EQ, but the bar is set pretty high with the zero already. I'm really digging this device.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Foggy Road

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Been vaping my zero almost exclusively now for 4 1/2 days. Refill and charge once daily. But I've never gotten the battery down to red. Gonna try seeing how long it takes to get the battery down to where it needs to be recharged. But I've had to Jack up the power as the batt runs down. Might be getting close?

Edit: oh yeah, I've vaped this thing down to the last drop with no dry hits.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Foggy Road

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    So I did get the battery down to red. Recharge took 25 minutes. That's ok, but that fast charging really warms up the battery. Not dangerously, but a abusive to the battery.

I know everyone (who knows no better) wants to charge in a hurry. Manufacturers have provide it to compete. But fast charging? I'll be surprised if the batt last 6 months.

I have an MVP that doubles as a power bank. .5a output. It think I'll be using that instead of 1a.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. United States

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    I did not charge mine last night. It went all day. Now yesterday I ran it on M and today on high. I plugged to a 1 amp capable power pack and it charged in like 8 minutes.

I totally agree about those super fast rate chargings. I prefer a slower charge too.

Again, my bigger devices collected dust today. I just like the portability of a flashdrive sized device in my pocket. Heck, I picked out a shirt for tomorrow (Lord willing) with a pocket just so I could carry the Rover around all day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Foggy Road

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Refill #6.. minor leak. Not excited about it yet as there are a couple possible explanations.

So I slid the o-Ring wrapped around the batt down to remove the pod. It left behind a Ring of moisture all the way around.

Excuse #1

I noticed that the little piece paper towel that I used to block airflow on one side was wet and wicking too the outside. That paper extends down on the flat part inside the batt. The fill Port was resting on top of the paper. Possibly the first time it landed in that position. The paper may have dislodged just enuf to allow some minor seepage?

Excuse#2

The 25 minute charge yesterday was longest I've had. The (IMO) excessive heat of that long super charge probably reached the pod causing juice expansion and forcing out a couple drops?

Excuse#3

Combo of 1&2

Hopeful remedy: remove pod while charging. Make sure fill Port is on opposite side from AFC paper when inserting pod. Already mentioned my .5a power bank, found that I have at least one wall wart with same matching output. If they will work at all, that's what I'll be charging with from now on.

16. Foggy Road

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Ran batt down to red light for 2nd time. Actually wasn't expecting it yet.

Charged with power bank. Charging light was noticably dimmer. Battery temp was only a tad less tho? Only took 20 minutes today as opposed to 25 yesterday? Don't understand?

17. United States

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    I see a few drops sandwich'd between the pod and device. I figure it's from unspent juice in the chimney as my other devices are plagued with it in the air holes due to my style of lightweight vaping.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Foggy Road

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    This is the first time I've seen any. I do twist up a piece of paper towel and clean condensation out of the mouthpiece several times a day tho.

All in all, in spite of minor issues, I'm still quite pleased with the Zero and plan on it being my main vape for the future.
    My main requirement that the pods last at least a week seems like it will be met with ease tomorrow. I'll order another and a pile of pods if I'm still happy in another week.
    I've read several posts by folks who have been thru a dozen pod systems and not happy with any. I decided to not even try them. I'm very fortunate to have won this one. It falls just a tad bit short of perfect but I'm ready to go with it.

19. Brewdawg1181

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Mine hasn't leaked a bit (as far as I know).
    But that's because I never actually received the one I won on this forum a month and a half ago. Shame, because I thought this one looked like it checked all the boxes for me as far as pods go, and I was really wanting to try it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Foggy Road

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    What a bummer!! If I hadn't fallen in love with mine I'd send it to you!