Zero Nic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PennyLynn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Rockledge, FL, USA
I need to go to zero for a while (before and after surgery). Just wondering if I will notice much of a difference in taste in the juices? Any and all recommendations are appreciated. I know I'll be jonesing for the nicotine, but when I started planning for the procedure I was a smoker, and terrified that I wouldn't be able to quit for the required time.

TN_Snoopy

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Cookeville, TN
There is a difference in the taste, but it is subtle. The nic adds almost a black-pepper taste to most flavors.
What you will miss most is the throat hit. It will "taste" like your not getting enough vapor.
Also, expect your mouth to break out. changes in nicotine can cause mouth sores. I am at zero nic now, and will not go back. As I stepped down, every change (21 to 18 to 12 to 6 to 0) caused me mouth sores for about 5 days. salt water rinse helps it a lot, but it's still a pain. If, after your surgery, you decide to go back to nic, you will probably have the sores again.

Hope this helps.
--Glenn.

rrayda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
the icy northlands
You will not notice any difference in flavor. The nicotine has nothing to do with the flavor so you're good there.

What you will notice is a complete lack of throat hit and a less satisfying vape. I've been going in and out of vaping zero nic juice for a year or so now, turns out I'm just not quite ready to stop the nic. If throat hit is your thing (as it is mine), juices that are spicy like cinnamons or have a minty/menthol element can help bring what's lost with the nicotine.

Good luck!

rrayda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
the icy northlands
There is a difference in the taste, but it is subtle. The nic adds almost a black-pepper taste to most flavors.

This is what makes life fun, differences of opinion. I've never noticed a difference in flavor, some people do. You'll just have to try it out for yourself and see.

PennyLynn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Rockledge, FL, USA
I do like mints (but not cinnamon), so that's great advice for me. I have three months (yes, I'm THAT concerned about it) to the procedure, and I'm at 12 mg now. Just ordered some 6s and I'll check 'em out. I also have a few zeroes from when Hubby, an occasional cigar-smoker, decided he would vape along with me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread