Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
The Geekvape Ammit rta never leaks and is very well built, it can be a bit 'too much' for some people, including me so have not yet passed from Drop in coils to RTA yet. Despite many attempts with RTAs.
Am now 40 plus days with the Vapefly Nicolas. Never leaks, good build, nice weight, drop in coils.
OP is asking advice on how to stop leaking on their existing device, not for recommendations on a replacement.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
The Zeus X doesn't leak when it's assembled correctly and wicked correctly so the juice channels are filled. Did you remember to reinstall the chimney shroud over the coils before screwing it back together? It's easy to forget that crucial piece—it happened to me once.
LyHhfiJ.png

Shahad Ibrahim

May 14, 2019
Well here are pictures of my coils and the wicking. I intentionally slightly over wicked this time just to be on the safe side but the leaking would not stop. Please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong.
20190515_195304.jpg
20190515_195312.jpg
20190515_195321.jpg

Attachments

• 20190515_195304.jpg
    20190515_195304.jpg
    878.6 KB · Views: 197
  • 20190515_195312.jpg
    20190515_195312.jpg
    927.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 20190515_195321.jpg
    20190515_195321.jpg
    831.6 KB · Views: 189
  • 20190515_195753.jpg
    20190515_195753.jpg
    817.4 KB · Views: 205
  • 20190515_195756.jpg
    20190515_195756.jpg
    894 KB · Views: 225
  • 20190515_195802.jpg
    20190515_195802.jpg
    939.6 KB · Views: 215
  • 20190515_195811.jpg
    20190515_195811.jpg
    889.3 KB · Views: 228

Shahad Ibrahim

May 14, 2019
The Zeus X doesn't leak when it's assembled correctly and wicked correctly so the juice channels are filled. Did you remember to reinstall the chimney shroud over the coils before screwing it back together? It's easy to forget that crucial piece—it happened to me once.
LyHhfiJ.png
This is why I'm really annoyed by this problem. I'm thinking that one of the O rings might be damaged and I'm unable to see it. Not sure which one to change for this particular problem though.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Shahad Ibrahim

May 14, 2019
@sonicbomb – well said :thumb:

@Shahad Ibrahim – you mentioned the tank worked perfectly for 3 weeks, who performed that initial wick? If it was you, try and remember exactly how you did this. If it was someone else, store, friend etc, perhaps consult with them for assistance. If it was someone else, observe and take notes for future reference.

Failing that, this is a pretty popular tank – there are many reviews and few build tutorials on YouTube that you can reference.
I was the one doing it. I never changed my methodology. Which is why I'm doubtful of wicking being the issue here.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I was the one doing it. I never changed my methodology. Which is why I'm doubtful of wicking being the issue here.

I found this. Perhaps take a look at yours to see if there is that gap they are speaking about. If there is I will leave it up to you whether you wish to attempt to fix it as they did in the video or return it.

Geekvape does frequent these forums and are great at responding to customers. You could open a thread within the Geekvape forum where they will be allowed to respond.

Geekvape

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Your wicking looks great. Cotton all the way down to the floor of the reservoir.
As for O-rings, there's
2 on the top cap (1 black to hold in the drip tip, 1 to seal against the chamber)
2 on the chamber (1 black that the glass slides over, 1 for the airflow control)
1 on the top of the internal airflow chamber (shroud) to hold it to the chamber
1 on the base where the glass seats

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
The wick is maybe too thick and hitting the inside of the chamber.
Fluid is getting drawn up and trapped against the surface of the chamber.
My wicking is in contact with and slightly compressed by the internal airflow chamber (shroud) and it's no problem with either cotton or rayon.

• Agree
Reactions: Fidola13

Shahad Ibrahim

May 14, 2019
Your wicking looks great. Cotton all the way down to the floor of the reservoir.
As for O-rings, there's
2 on the top cap (1 black to hold in the drip tip, 1 to seal against the chamber)
2 on the chamber (1 black that the glass slides over, 1 for the airflow control)
1 on the top of the internal airflow chamber (shroud) to hold it to the chamber
1 on the base where the glass seats
Well, I'm not sure which ones I should replace to make sure the airflow is sealed. I guess this would be the last thing to try before throwing this tank away. :'(

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
My wicking is in contact with and slightly compressed by the internal airflow chamber (shroud) and it's no problem with either cotton or rayon.
Its has solved the problem for other people on other forums . Its not a solution for everyone, but it solve the problems with flooding and capillary action I was having. Now it doesnt really matter how I wick the X as long as I keep the wick off the inside wall.

Shahad Ibrahim

May 14, 2019
I found this. Perhaps take a look at yours to see if there is that gap they are speaking about. If there is I will leave it up to you whether you wish to attempt to fix it as they did in the video or return it.

Geekvape does frequent these forums and are great at responding to customers. You could open a thread within the Geekvape forum where they will be allowed to respond.

Geekvape

I guess I'll do that as a final resort. But contacting to geek vape is out of the question since they outright banned eciggs and vapes where I live. I had to get this thing off of someone who smuggled it. So good luck to me on finding a new one I guess.

Shahad Ibrahim

May 14, 2019
Its has solved the problem for other people on other forums . Its not a solution for everyone, but it solve the problems with flooding and capillary action I as having. Now it doesnt really matter how I wick the X as long as I keep the wick off the inside wall.
I actually tried less wicking and more wicking in hopes of getting this fixed. The wicking doesn't seem to be the problem.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Well, I'm not sure which ones I should replace to make sure the airflow is sealed. I guess this would be the last thing to try before throwing this tank away. :'(
A failure of almost any of the O-rings could cause this problem. I'd remove them all with a flexible plastic pick, inspect them for damage, lubricate them with juice, then reinstall them. If any seem damaged, replace with a spare from your bag. If still no luck then sadness.

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
If it's a day one release in black or gun metal then you have a faulty tank if you tried every wicking there is, some off them don't seal where it is pressed fit.
I have a thread of it here :
Zeus X Rta flooding and dealing with geekvape

There is a fix for it the vid was posted in a couple of msg above, but make sure you have tried all the ways of wicking possible.
Let me make it clear this is not a fix for every zeus x that is flooding or spit at you once a month ago, it must have the gap in the top chamber !
Mine was a lost case and i can see the gap in the top chamber is not pressed fit 100%.
Good luck on this mine almost drove me insane before i found the problem, quite a few zeus x in black and gun metal have this problem loads of threads around the net about it.
Try the wicking again like someone said here if you wick it 10 times wrong that doesn't make it right, try keeping track how much cotton you use at a time, start from very little to very thick and everything in between, sometimes to much wicking can also cause a problem.
Also tried every o ring 2 times over, first the black then the white and last the orange nothing helped me.

Also the tap it with a hammer is not a permanent fix, i did it with mine and for 3 weeks after that it wicked like a champ and flavors for days, but it was short lived about 3 weeks later flooding started again so had to go tap it with the hammer again, so the tap with hammer is just a temp fix, anything i have to take in the garage and tap it once a month with a hammer i don't consider as working :(

Last edited:

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
A failure of almost any of the O-rings could cause this problem. I'd remove them all with a flexible plastic pick, inspect them for damage, lubricate them with juice, then reinstall them. If any seem damaged, replace with a spare from your bag. If still no luck then sadness.
You beat me to it. We're on the same page. Most flooding occurs with badly seated orings.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
The inner chamber causes this issue if not seated properly. There is a small o-ring at the top of the inner chamber that lock it in, make sure that o-ring is there. Don't place the inner chamber on top of the wick and then just screw together. Push the inner chamber into the outer chamber to lock it in and seal it so it doesn't leak, then assemble. If not sealed it will flood and leak out of top. This is the usual cause of the issue.

geek_vape_zeus_x_25mm_rta_parts.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread