Zeus X Rta flooding and dealing with geekvape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Wetzel

Jun 6, 2019
I'm having the exact same issue with mine. And I love how people always say "Oh just rebuild, change your coils, you don't have enough cotton" lol.

Or that's what people told me. Sometimes the device is just faulty. The device you and I got. I don't mean the Zeus x as in all of them. This rta has amazing flavor and very smooth. The very first Kylin I had leaked all the time. Everyone told me "Oh it's you, your not putting enough cotton' or don't use premade coils" . We all have been here. Learning to wick our finicky new babies. But If you haven't gotten it down in a few days, then something else is afoot. The Original Kylin that kept leaking on me......I got a new one sent to me
..and Walla. Zero leaks. Same cotton, same kind and ohm of coil. Same juice.

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
An update on this :

I received a brand new zeus x black in the mail today, unfortunately it was only the tank no box, but i cant and wont complain about that.
In the end it took 1 month and 1 week to arrive in south africa, and i didn't pay 1 cent.

Just want to thank Luis from geekvape china and geekvape itself again for sorting this out, my tacking number never really worked but in the end i received my replacement zeus so all is good.
And just an apology to geekvape for my last msg stating that they never helped me past a certain point.

In the end everything worked out and seems geekvape really do care about it's customers, can Smok say the same :tumble:.

If a mod can close this pls, think the thread served it's purpose and geekvape delivered, there is a zeus x thread where everyone can tell there story about there zeus x.

Thanks

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
@Vaperite ZA
Reported.

Cheers
I
:banana:
heimlich-1728912724.jpg

Last edited:

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
When you dry burn (prior to wicking) are your coils glowing evenly from the inside out?

Try using straight round wire - 24 gauge Kanthal - until you get a little better at building.. that will save you some money.
Yip inside to out, i dont build my own coils, buying pre builds is cheap and give loads of options that i cant build myself :)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Yip inside to out, i dont build my own coils, buying pre builds is cheap and give loads of options i cant build myself :)

Yes dear it gives you options, but your having problems and wasting coils because of those problems.

That is why to use round Kanthal wire - it's far easier to wick as a beginner and will give you the space to practice without spending lots of money until you get better at doing this..

As far as this coil, are both coils glowing exactly evenly? Or does one get hot faster than the other and in different places?

With dual coils both coils should heat exactly the same, at exactly the same time... was that happening?

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
And scottich roll works great.
There are so many vids on you tube, some say cram the cotton in some say thin it out like heavy, so best is to keep on practicing, but dont be afraid to thin out a little bit more than allways. I was using 3mm coils think they the best for the tank.
But i am sure there is alot of zeus x users here that will tell you the perfect way to wick it. I just mostly used cotton bacon v2 and prime cause there cotton comes in nice " sections " so you kan keep track of how much you use at a time and then can adjust with little bit more or less after that.

Last edited:

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
The only time mine floods is when I don't wick it properly. Or if I leave the cap unscrewed for a few minutes after filling. Hope your new unit fixes the problem, post back here if it doesn't.

Also, try Rayon for flavor. Did you know that cotton is just inferior rayon contaminated with other random stuff? Or, expressed less sensationally, Rayon and cotton are both primarily cellulose, but cotton is only 90% pure.
Yip, the wicking is very touchy on this one, well you can just stuff it in then it wont flood but will be a muted vape.
Cotton options in south africa is not alot, whe have a couple of options but the nice stuff i hear about like rayon and something like ken do or something is not in SA, mostly cotton bacon, nasty juice premium and some few others but options is a bit limited.
My tank still works if i only fill up with up 1ml or so but even quarter fill and it will flood, think its a old zeus prob same as some of the prev versions.

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
Good luck man, the prob with muted flavor ( well how i found it ) was too much wicking, should wick it tight in the coils and thin the ends out real good, for me it gave best flavor with heavy thinned out ends too almost the point of flooding, but there is a really thin line then cause not enough it floods and too much the flavor is muted, i had to really thin it out alot more than my other rta's to get the best flavor from it.
If you have cotton to practice on thin it out alot, still muted than thin some more, until it is spitting and gurgling then just ad a little more ..
I know not the best method but thats what worked for me for flavor the first week or 2 while it was still working.
My problem is everytime i fill it now it floods i dont even have to smoke for it to flood and doesnt matter if i cram the cotton in.
That's exactly what I did today. Very thin cotton in extremities, good one inside the coils. Started to spit back. Put a thin peel of cotton in extremities. Stop to spit back. First tank, till now, still muted flavour. Let's see during the week.

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
Just a update on this.
Got a tracking number 3 weeks ago when i started this thread, email said have to wait 3-5 working days for it to show up for tracking, but from the start i knew this track number was weird, it was from russia to netherlands but since shipping companies some times reuse the numbers i waited my 5 working days out, check on day 7 and the shipping number doesn't work. Contacted geekvape again and after a week i got a sry they will check in on this.
Since then they cant provide me a tracking number or even tell me when or if it will be send ...
Seems my praise for geekvape was bit premature should have waited till i actually had the replacement zeus x in my hand before starting this thread.
I will be writing off the idea of getting a replacement zeus x from geekvape, when this problem started they replied every day now i have to wait a week to get some kind of reply and they cant give me any info when this will be replaced :(

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: jim_87

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
Just a update on this.
Got a tracking number 3 weeks ago when i started this thread, email said have to wait 3-5 working days for it to show up for tracking, but from the start i knew this track number was weird, it was from russia to netherlands but since shipping companies some times reuse the numbers i waited my 5 working days out, check on day 7 and the shipping number doesn't work. Contacted geekvape again and after a week i got a sry they will check in on this.
Since then they cant provide me a tracking number or even tell me when or if it will be send ...
Seems my praise for geekvape was bit premature should have waited till i actually had the replacement zeus x in my hand before starting this thread.
I will be writing off the idea of getting a replacement zeus x from geekvape, when this problem started they replied every day now i have to wait a week to get some kind of reply and they cant give me any info when this will be replaced :(

Sorry for the late update of the shipping info. The parcel is on its way to Russia. The tracking system for the express company might be a little late, but you may surprised to received the products when the system says it is on the process of shipment sometimes. Please be patient and if you need any help, feel free to contact us.

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
Sorry for the late update of the shipping info. The parcel is on its way to Russia. The tracking system for the express company might be a little late, but you may surprised to received the products when the system says it is on the process of shipment sometimes. Please be patient and if you need any help, feel free to contact us.

May i have the tracking number you have ? Cause the number i got doesn't work. If you say it is in russia then you guys must have a number you are tracking that is on the system.

Attachments

• 72E3A667-F488-438F-8503-3CE5C02C5D15.png
    72E3A667-F488-438F-8503-3CE5C02C5D15.png
    371.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
I'm glad to read you could solve your problems. My Zeus X still leaks a lot, then when I re-wick it makes too much dry-hits, than I re-wick and it turns to flood again. Unfortunately I had to abandon it, I'm convinced I'm just unable to properly setup it. Using other RTA's without problems. I would really love to be able to using the full potential of this device, but just couldn't... And as I live in Brazil I think GeekVape guys simply cannot help me, it would be simply so much cost for them...

Vaperite ZA

Unresolved Status
Aug 5, 2022
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier posting

Vaperite ZA

Unresolved Status
Aug 5, 2022
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier posting
Status
Not open for further replies.