Zippo cart case

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaded

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Lynchburg, VA
Found a simple use for the old lighters i no longer have a need for.
Holds 4 510 carts. They fall all the way in so use a piece of foam to bring the caps just above the lip bout1/8 inch maybe. didn't measure. They fit tight so the caps put resistance on the top and keeps it shut.
I am hoping it will work for cartos also but don't have any.
Though I would share, pretty simple
jaded-albums-mod-ect-picture4751-zippo-cart-case.jpg

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
lol I have a couple old ones laying around the desk and I tried this right after getting my first e-cig. Always take so much with me though that I use something bigger to carry everything.

Have wondered about a way to turn a zippo into a tiny convenient little PV lol
If only there were batteries that were both strong enough and small enough.

jaded

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Lynchburg, VA
HOLY CRAP! that's a sweet idea, I doubt kr808 carto will fit though, that's too bad.

edit: ok, I was wrong.. they fit. a little loosely, but they fit.. time to go dig out a coupla nice zippos and rape them for my newest habit.
Glad they fit, I plan to try them very soon. If the fit a little lose might put some foam or something on the hinge side. The only way I could think to get it to stay closed was to have the silicone caps tight on the non hinged end where they catch the top. If anyone else comes up with a idea to keep them closed would love to hear it.

jaded

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Lynchburg, VA
lol I have a couple old ones laying around the desk and I tried this right after getting my first e-cig. Always take so much with me though that I use something bigger to carry everything.

Have wondered about a way to turn a zippo into a tiny convenient little PV lol
If only there were batteries that were both strong enough and small enough.
It would be a cool mod if you could find stuff small enough.
I think it will work more for me when I switch to cartos, I only carry PV extra battery and a juice bottle now. I don't have much luck with filling 510 carts even with mods only last me a few minutes.

jaded

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Lynchburg, VA
I have an old Zippo that my new brother-in-law gave me on my wedding day. I know, weird present, but if he gives you anything it means he really likes you so it was special to me. Now I have a reason to carry it again. Great idea! Thanks for bringing something special back in my every day life!
Your welcome Jules glad it helps.

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
Your welcome Jules glad it helps.

It really does help. A couple of months after I started vaping he made the comment that he figured I didn't need his gift anymore and had a sad look on his face. I pulled it out of the drawer of the table next to me and told him I still used it to light my candles and just happened to have one that I could reach the wick with that lighter. It seemed to make him smile again. He has a real issue with thinking people don't like him and it couldn't be farther from the truth. He's a real sweetie, just very insecure.

I use an old Necklace jewelry box that fits my eGo battery, 3 carts, 2 loaded Attys and a 6mil refill bottle perfectly...I lined the lid and base with that " anti-slip" drawer liner stuff to keep it quiet...it all fits perfectly so im never without...as for the Janty eGo, its always in my hand so I dont worry about storing that..Id like to post pics but im needing more posts...and for that matter, thank you to all of you on this great forum site for all the insight :cool:

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
@jaded
"I don't have much luck with filling 510 carts even with mods only last me a few minutes"

Huh, I have both a 510 and an l88b. The l88b carts were an awful mess to deal with but with the 510 I just take half a PTB (as in half of the whole bag), center it around some tweezers and push it in the cart. Cut of excess, add juice. Good to go! Kristin has a thread on her notched straw PTB mod and I was just too lazy to mess with the straw, but credit goes there.

NatureBoy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Peterborough, ON, Canada
Found a simple use for the old lighters i no longer have a need for.
Holds 4 510 carts. They fall all the way in so use a piece of foam to bring the caps just above the lip bout1/8 inch maybe. didn't measure. They fit tight so the caps put resistance on the top and keeps it shut.
I am hoping it will work for cartos also but don't have any.
Though I would share, pretty simple
jaded-albums-mod-ect-picture4751-zippo-cart-case.jpg
Hey, right on! That's a great idea.. thanks for sharing. :)

Now, to find a white one to match my Tornado for under $10.... lol

jaded

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2009
Lynchburg, VA
@jaded
"I don't have much luck with filling 510 carts even with mods only last me a few minutes"

Huh, I have both a 510 and an l88b. The l88b carts were an awful mess to deal with but with the 510 I just take half a PTB (as in half of the whole bag), center it around some tweezers and push it in the cart. Cut of excess, add juice. Good to go! Kristin has a thread on her notched straw PTB mod and I was just too lazy to mess with the straw, but credit goes there.
Its not that I can't fill them, more that they just don't last me long enough. I use the straw and blue plug method. It just last only a few minutes, maybe 15 before it taste bad and needs to refill. I just carry a 3ml bottle and put about 3 drops on top and get the same amount of time out of it. Kinda weird!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread