The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Zippo cart holder

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by mrmaigo, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mrmaigo

mrmaigo Full Member

Jan 2, 2011
    PHX
    I love zippo's but they dry out too quick and it's not like I need it anymore. I don't have parts to make PV yet, but this is a quick mod. Its just the insert thats modded, you can easily put the insert in any case or use all your zippos for different flavors! :D
    I've only just started vapping and I don't know the lengths off all the carts but it holds 3 1-1/4" carts and it still has the spring. You can stand the carts up, or lay them down which I think works better (just pull the insert up and tap a cart out). If your carts are only an inch long, you should beable to get a 4th in there. If you need to fit caps on your carts, you should be able cut the tin most of the way down the flint side without any problems.

All I did was cut the flint holder and wheel then a little out of the side with the dremel. Inserts are held together with epoxy and you'll have to cut through a little to do the mod, so wear a mask.

P1012487.jpg P1012489.jpg P1012488.jpg P1012490.jpg P1012485.jpg

2. oldjoe

oldjoe Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 5, 2011
    Il.
    Great idea! I've got a ton of Zippo's that I won't be using anymore.

3. BenJammin

BenJammin Senior Member ECF Veteran

Awesome, if you added a spring at the bottom and loaded them horizontal, you'd have a spring-fed Cartridge Magazine! Now I've got to go digging through my junk drawer again. Thanks! Man this makes me want to try carts again just so I can use such a cool toy. Damn, I'm still smiling at this elegant solution.

4. Bella Chic

Bella Chic Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 4, 2009
    Southeast Texas
    That is pretty cool. I guess I'm going to have to find my old zippos and see if cartomizers will fit in them. Thanks for sharing :) It would be a good extra atty holder too :)

5. ymgie

ymgie Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2011
    Utica NY
    What an awesome mod...I have a ton of zippos too, with nothing to use them for ...

6. Captain

Captain Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2010
    Charleston, SC
    Cool Cool idea! Does anyone know if cartomizers will fit in there? I have no zippos around here i can check.

7. mrmaigo

mrmaigo Full Member

Jan 2, 2011
    PHX
    I only have mega cartos, but if regulars are under 1-1/4 inches, they'll fit

8. ymgie

ymgie Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2011
    Utica NY
    I tried my ce2 cartos in there and they fit. They arent the XLs
    Gonna make one of these for a couple spare 901 attys cause i prefer:vapor: dripping now:vapor:

9. Pip-Boy

Pip-Boy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2010
    Miami Beach, Florida
    I love the Cowboy Bebop Zippo, where the he11 did you find that?

10. mrmaigo

mrmaigo Full Member

Jan 2, 2011
    PHX
    Anime shop online about a million years ago, legit zippo too

11. NoMoCamels

NoMoCamels Full Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Baden, PA
    Zippo is an American icon and timeless. Glad to see it incorporated in the post-analog era. I have more than 50 and ready to do some modding. Thanks for sharing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.