The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Zombie Apocalypse dry hits in aspire nautilus

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by rebar, May 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rebar

rebar Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 21, 2011
    iowa
    I started using Zombie Apocalypse in a reo mini bottom feeder years ago, and later moved to aspire tanks. I don't remember wicking problems when I switched to the first aspire tanks with much smaller wicks. And I don't have this problem with the other e-liquids I vape.

Is anyone else having issues with Zombie Apocalypse in a aspire nautilus? Like nasty dry hits, and just generally "not the same" flavor?

I wish I could pin point exactly what other than dry hits.. But I don't think I will order Zombie Apocalypse again after years of happy vaping, as I'm not enjoying the flavor anymore even when the atomizer is performing.

Thanks

2. Bonskibon

Bonskibon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2015
    USA Northeast
    Did you happen to get it with max VG?

3. SteveS45

SteveS45 Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    I use the Nautilus Minis and have found that any e-Liquids that contain sweeteners tend to clog the coils or atomizers and cause dry hits or just fry the coils. I use High or MAx VG e-Liquids all the time with no problems so I have to assume it is sweeteners added since it does not happen with my own DIY MAX VG.

4. rebar

Apr 21, 2011
    iowa
    I guess I could give it another chance with the Max VG, or not..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rickajho

Rickajho ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    You could just get another Reo and learn to build quick & dirty coils for the RM2. Zombie Apocalypse problem and FDA Apocalypse problem both solved. :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteveS45

SteveS45 Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    I have a Nautilus X in Vape Mail right now that I won in a contest. Will be here Tuesday according to tracking and I can't wait to try that out.

7. rebar

Apr 21, 2011
    iowa
    I'm not buying new gear just for one eliquid.

Honestly, Iv been disappointed with other flavors which have changed over the years and figured Zombie Apocalypse has now as well.

8. Swampus

Swampus Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2016
    Nature Coast, FL
    Do you clean your nautilus coils?
    Open one up and have a look at it.. I did and had burnt holes in the cotton... avg +/- 10w setting and 50/50 juice.. maybe mine was IPV D2 mod problem, but I can't go back to them....Hated that taste ..

9. rebar

Apr 21, 2011
    iowa
    Nope..

They go in the trash, but usually they become clogged before any bad taste.. Not with Zombie Apocalypse.. Even with a fresh primed coil that was left soaking for a day.. Very little flavor that almost instantly gave a burnt dry taste. This last bottle of Zombie Apocalypse has eaten four coils so I dumped the rest down the drain..

Good bye Zombie Apocalypse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.