Zombie Atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i have a joye standard resistance atty that up and quit on me a week or so ago. i was getting the "OP" (open current) error message on my provari from it.

its been around quite some time, so i put it to the side. a friend picked it up later on and before i could tell him it was a dead atty, he was blowing out vapor! very strange.

so i put the atty back in rotation. it was working fine. i had it set up with a 510-510 connector and a drip shield. i filled it generously and then poof it stops working again. i thought maybe it needed a cleaning.

so i clean it out with my atty syringe cleaning kit using my normal cleaning routine: hot water, then vodka. after cleaning i pop it on the provari for a dry burn. it fires up just fine and i think ive got my atty back. i re-assemble it on the connector with drip shield and to my dismay, its back to OP error message. just for giggles, i try it without the connector, and it fires up just fine.

i try the connector with another known working atty, and it works fine. so- the atty works on its own, but not with a working connector. i cannot for the life of me figure out whats going on here.

help?

Unforeseen

Admin<br> Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager </br>
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Where you least expect it....
The connector pin is probably pushed into the atomizer. Making it so that it doesn't properly connect to the pin on your device. Happens after it's been used for a bit.

You can try using a small flat head screwdriver. Go around the connection pin and pull it out a bit. Should make solid contact with the connection pin on your Provari after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread