Non-smoker interested in vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAWRasaurus

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2012
EAGLE ROCK, LOS ANGELES
with $100 budget, a nice set-up can be had to get any one to start vaping and stay there smoker or non... but with all addictive substances, i think extensive research and sound decision making is key. i say, just try it out.

i think this is a definite grey area on the vaping topic and i guess to each his own.

One thing i liked about smokers are that they're optimists: if you do cool, if you dont cool... but if you start, stop. we all want whats best for people not to get addicted to something. just make sure you're doing it for the right reasons.

livingword26

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Wichita, Kansas
There is a small percentage of people who can toy with cigarettes, drugs and alcohol, without falling victim to them. But it is small. I still remember my first nicotine rush at 12 years old. It was the first of many different kinds of rushes I have had over the years. I was finally able to put the smokes down at the age of 42. During the next 7 years, I developed asthma and incurable anxiety and depression. Not to mention the 70 lbs. I gained. I eventually came to the threshold of agoraphobia, but not quite there. About a year ago, I tried nicotine lozenges, just to see. There were times when it made me feel better, but not always. A few weeks ago, I picked up a Blu Cig at Walgreens. Then I ordered a South Beach setup (I know). After 2 weeks, I can say that I feel better than I have for a long time. I guess what I am trying to say, is be careful. You will never forget the rush, and many of us seek greater and greater ones. Every time you take nicotine into your body, it changes your chemistry. In my case, my body changed to include nicotine in all of its functions, and it was unable to function without it. And I am not the only one that ended up like this. There are lots of us out there. So don't think that anyone is judging you, They are just warning you of what could happen. We have to. God bless.

Your Left Sock

Oct 31, 2012
USA
I do hookah and I can honestly say you cannot mimick the taste and feel of hookah with an e-cig. It's extremely hard to do, and $100 isn't going to cut it if you're looking for those large smoke clouds and all. I have a Totally Twisted Tornado Tank with a Duel Tank adaptor that produces pretty heavy clouds. They also carry those "Shisha" flavors. I think they have blueberry, banana, watermelon, and chocolate "shisha" flavors.

If you want to stick with tobacco, I'd stick with hookah. Don't get yourself into a nicotine addiction. Even if it can spur these kind of hobbies, I find it annoying. They do sell non-nicotine fluids and they're just as great! (for non-smokers)

Whoopin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Borderlands
I think everyone here is trying to tell you the same thing as the people that tell you not to smoke. I hope you do not get mad because we are trying to do something good for you.

Before everyone was a smoker/started smoking, everyone would say "Stop smoking! It is bad for your health!" or "Quit smoking!" OR "Smoker. Tsk." because cigarettes aren't a need when you aren't smoking. Same goes for cigars.

But now, everyone is tell you not to vape because you aren't vaping, or even smoking. We are trying to tell you to not develop this "healthier" habit called vaping.

Judgements aside, whether or not you are doing for the nic hit, since you haven't developed the need for vaping, we are telling not to get a ecig and start the habit. It isn't anything about judgements or us not providing you answers. If you want an answer simple Backwoodbrew's Flu Cured Tob flavor or Halo's Prime 15. Simple. Get 0 nic. No throat hit. "No" lung damage. But we are sharing our personal experiences.

For me, it started out with "i won't be addicted" to "5 sticks a day" to "10 sticks a day" to "a pack a day". And then now, it is "1ml of ejuice a day" to "2ml of ejuice a day" to "3ml of ejuice a day". 10ml of liquid, easy baby EASSSY.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
What you do is your own business, and no one else's. I would suggest using 12 mg nic, or lower content. You can always get a higher concentration if that doesn't fit your bill. Why so many people attempt top stick their noses into other peoples affairs is beyond me.

I do highly disagree with everyone trying nicotine though.

I think you would be happier if you use something like an eGo Twist.

I am a non-smoker. I haven't smoked cigars in quite some time. I'm interested in nicotine as a recreational activity (EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE) because I enjoy its effects. Is that so hard to understand? Nicotine feels good! I think everyone should try it.

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Then I would suggest Ahlusion. Welcome to Ahlusion They do an incredible job with fruits, teas, cake flavors and just about everything! They are closed for a week or so, as they are getting their brick n mortar cafe up and running also. But check them out, as they will still open occasionally during the hiatus, and also check this thread too http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-discussion/333129-ahlusion-395.html I would recommend an eGo Twist 650 battery, a couple of Kanger T2 clearomizers (they're nice, easy to fill, - just fill them 3/4 of the way, let rest for about 5 minutes for the wicks to get nice n soggy. You'll also need a USB charger and a wall plug. The liquids are made in a PG/VG ratio. For smooth I'd suggest a high VG ratio. And like Luce mentioned, a low nicotine is good - 0, 6 and 12. All the best.

I don't inhale cigars, which is why I'm looking for something that is light on the lungs. It's been about 3 months since I've had one, and I probably won't have another until winter is over. I'm just looking for something to catch a quick buzz off of on occasion, but more specifically that is light on the lungs. I appreciate your input for tobacco flavors, but I'm not sure if that's the direction I'll go in. I'm not necessarily looking for a replacement for cigars, otherwise I'd go for one of the "e-cigars". I wouldn't mind going for another flavor instead.

Drael

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2012
New Zealand (Middle Earth, lol)
"Because I love the effects of nicotine but don't have any interest in smoking cigarettes or chewing tobacco."

How do you know that? I personally find nicotine on its own to be merely stimulating, not relaxing.

My advice - find a less addictive recreational activity. Vape without nic if you must, but if you want to "relax" there are better means than an addictive stimulant.

Last edited:

twistedtimes

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2012
Santa Fe
Wow, You are talking to a bunch of people who switched to E-Cig because we are all addicted to nicotine. I have come to the conclusion I love nicotine and therefore I found a solution to kick the analog expensive habit. What's really amazing is I love this E-Cig.

Now back to your question. I believe this E-Cig has more potential than just kicking cigarettes. I see it being used for dieting as well. How, you could use a zero nicotine base with flavoring and quench your hunger by stimulating your tastebuds into thinking you are eating. So just go with zero nicotine base liquid and enjoy vaping. Nothing wrong with vaping IMHO if you buy the right ingredients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread