Non-smoker interested in vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerryanjr

Oct 31, 2012
USA
I am a non-smoker (no cigarettes) interested in getting into vaping. I want something that is light on the lungs (similar to a hookah) but with much more nicotine. It seems as though most ecigs and vape kits are geared towards smokers interested in quitting, so I haven't found much info on something that's a good starting point for a non-smoker and easy on the lungs. My budget is around $100.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Dont start vaping nic, get the 0 nic juice, and most vapors arent trying to quit, for most of us we start vaping because we are hooked on a highly addictive chemical, cant quit and realize this is a healthy and safer alternative. then it becomes a hobby (for most)

If you want to vape for the cool flavors out there go for it.
but as for starting nic laced juice/ do yourself a BIIIIG favor and dont!!!!!

Titanium

Moved On
Oct 19, 2012
Dont start vaping nic, get the 0 nic juice, and most vapors arent trying to quit, for most of us we start vaping because we are hooked on a highly addictive chemical, cant quit and realize this is a healthy and safer alternative. then it becomes a hobby (for most)

If you want to vape for the cool flavors out there go for it.
but as for starting nic laced juice/ do yourself a BIIIIG favor and dont!!!!!

I disagree, Most vapers ARE trying to quit.

dandellion

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
Belgrade
www.acidzen.org
Hmmm... if you are not a cigarette smoker and, hence, not a nicotine user.... why on Earth would you want to start with nicotine?!?

Beside that... I see there's no answers in this thread and I'll throw a guess that nobody wants to go into it because it's one thing talking about PV's and juices is one thing when one is a smoker already and completely other when talking to non-smoker. See, I do have a problem now saying that e-cigs are light on lungs. So take that with a huge pinch of salt. They are much much lighter than cigarettes, but I won't say they are completely safe. Because, honestly, I don't know.

I actually replied because I wanted to say what I already stated in the first sentence: If you are not hooked on nicotine, then don't start using it now!

tylerryanjr

Oct 31, 2012
USA
Because I love the effects of nicotine but don't have any interest in smoking cigarettes or chewing tobacco.

I'm not particularly worried about becoming addicted. I worked in a cigar store for quite some time and would smoke 2 or 3 per day while at work. I haven't had one since the summer ended and probably won't have another until winter is over. For me it's nothing more than a recreational activity.

Titanium

Moved On
Oct 19, 2012
Because I love the effects of nicotine but don't have any interest in smoking cigarettes or chewing tobacco.

I'm not particularly worried about becoming addicted. I worked in a cigar store for quite some time and would smoke 2 or 3 per day while at work. I haven't had one since the summer ended and probably won't until winter is over. For me it's nothing more than a recreational activity.
It should NEVER be a rec activity,
Just don't start and don't get the problems we former smokers had.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I disagree, Most vapers ARE trying to quit.
Maybe, but i havent met many, I see many that say they started with the intention of quitting but very few actually doing it.

(edit) actually everyone has their own reasons for vaping true, I know nicotine isnt my problem, the actual smoking is, wish I didnt start but i came to be honest with myself when I have quit I didnt miss the nic, I missed the action and taste of just smoking.
but it still stands I have not met many who are using it to quit, some have wanted to originally use it to quit but have forgotten all about that, and forums like this and the wealth of products out there now prove that.

Last edited:

Titanium

Moved On
Oct 19, 2012
Well, I can see that more people are interested in being judgmental rather than helpful.

I smoked cigars on a daily basis for years (off and on), and have never had a problem taking an extended break from it.

Hopefully I can find the advice I'm looking for elsewhere on this forum.
An ego VV with a vivi nova 2.5 would be a recommended item.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Well, I can see that more people are interested in being judgmental rather than helpful.

I smoked cigars on a daily basis for years (off and on), and have never had a problem taking an extended break from it.

Hopefully I can find the advice I'm looking for elsewhere on this forum.

You stated you were a non-smoker who wanted to take up vaping strong nicotine. Perhaps if you clearly stated that you are a cigar smoker who wants to vape instead, that would make sense to people. It just doean't make sense to people who are using vaping to get off cigs, pipes and cigars to take up vaping. IMHO

People here are simply trying to encourage a nonsmoker to spend his/her money on something else to get their thrills. No one wants to encourage people to use an addictive substance like nicotine because you could start a life long and expensive habit.

Titanium

Moved On
Oct 19, 2012
You stated you were a non-smoker who wanted to take up vaping strong nicotine. Perhaps if you clearly stated that you are a cigar smoker who wants to vape instead, that would make sense to people. It just doean't make sense to people who are using vaping to get off cigs, pipes and cigars to take up vaping. IMHO People here are trying to encourage a nonsmoker to spend his/her money on something else to get their thrills.
Like adopting a cute little kitty.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
you WILL get the advice you want, people here will get you what you want, but its not judgmental cigars and and pharmaceutical grade pure nicotine are two totaly differnt ball parks, hell not even the same planet, cigars are something you can enjoy once in a while but cigs and nic in constant doses is proven to be harder to stop
these people are trying to actually help you take it how you want to see it bro, but your gonna doom yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread