Vape Canaveral, FL
Reactions: Oregon Linda

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
Amazon.com: Artistic Wire Coiling Gizmo(R) Deluxe Winder for Jewelry Making: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

SuperX has written about this product and I am in 100% agreement with him. I received it yesterday and it is a game changer. I would suggest everyone with a Reomizer get one as quickly as possible. They are fast, perfect and easy as pie. I was having so much fun pumping out perfect coils that I made up some extras to have around.

This is a great product.

I agree 100%. I absolutely love mine. I couldn't build a decent coil to save myself before I got one of those.

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA
I agree with everyone above. I found one locally at Hobby Lobby and it's soooo FUN to make perfect coils. I wish I had someone (Gil, are you reading this?) to make some coils for. I love it.

I got mine at Hobby Lobby, too. 50% off coupon that week, too! I think Michaels' carries it as well, for other folks who prefer to buy local. I haven't used it as much as I'd like. I need to find a better table on which to attach it.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
If it wasn't for @flavored turning us on to it over in the big old micro coil thread i'd still be twisting a screwdriver around a roll of Kanthal to make a coil thinking it was easy.

Real props deserve to go to my man @flavored. :)

But the device does kick so much ... I had to get all evangelical about it :)

Here's how I set mine up:

.055" music wire bent into a mandrel (top) that I don't use any more.
.055" improved mandrel (middle) where the loop that holds my wingnut is turned 90 degrees to face the wire.
.055" tool to mount the coil (bottom) courtesy of my brother darkzero :)
yza8uqe4.jpg

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
If it wasn't for @flavored turning us on to it over in the big old micro coil thread i'd still be twisting a screwdriver around a roll of Kanthal to make a coil thinking it was easy.

.055" improved mandrel (middle) where the loop that holds my wingnut is turned 90 degrees to face the wire.
yza8uqe4.jpg

Brilliant! When I saw this I said "damn! why didn't I think of that". Thanks Super!

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
Will this work without the wing nut? Any specifications for that? :eek:

It does work without the wing nut. You can wrap the wire around the loop a few times to secure the wire. The wing nut just makes it a lot easier. Don't know the specs. Once you get one it isn't hard to find something at Homedepot or the local hardware store that will work.

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com
Thanks for the photo - I bent my mandrel to look like yours, but couldn't find a wing nut. I was thinking about cutting off the end of the mandrel to make a coil mounter.

yza8uqe4.jpg

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Oklahoma
I got mine at Hobby Lobby, too. 50% off coupon that week, too! I think Michaels' carries it as well, for other folks who prefer to buy local. I haven't used it as much as I'd like. I need to find a better table on which to attach it.

I took mine off the clamp and screwed it to a piece of scrap wood...no clamping needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread