Comparing two iTaste SVDs w/pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Speaking of instructions:
"Screw the battery negative (-) cap off the telescopic tube" - - - - OK!
"Insert battery into telescopic tube with the negative (-) end of the battery in first" - - - OK! Wait, what?
"...and the positive (+) end out towards the battery negative (-) cap. - - - Wow - I get it, but that's not how we usually label things!

So, which way did you end up inserting the battery, via the instructions (negative end towards the top of the SVD) or via the etchings on the SVD (positive end towards the top of the SVD, reflecting the markings on the SVD)?

Glad you're happy with your SVD! :)

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I actually tried the instructed method - it's wrong. Fortunately, teh SVD specifically has protection against a reversed battery...it just doesn't do anything. LOL

So, which way did you end up inserting the battery, via the instructions (negative end towards the top of the SVD) or via the etchings on the SVD (positive end towards the top of the SVD, reflecting the markings on the SVD)?

Glad you're happy with your SVD! :)

look30

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
California
Hi all, since I'm a bit deranged I ordered 2 SVDs. First, one from fasttech and I liked it so much that I ordered a second one from switch2ecigs. Paid premium just to check if there would be any differences.

I guess I'm done with fasttech.

I just received mine from US vendor and like other users here said is a combination of the two.
i.e. has the metalized lens but the center pin is spring loaded which I think is a GREAT
improvement because now the pin will not be prone to be pushed in.

I think OP had the two versions of the same unit , the older version from US vendor and the newish one from FT.
Once the US vendors started to get new stock all the improvements and changes are present in the "official" units too.

BTW mine is the Express Kit from Venerable Vaping the cheap Ego E-Cigerette store and price was very close to what FT is charging but I got mine from US to Canada under a week after ordering :)

I agree with OP, I'm "done" with FT because now I can get same (or very close) prices in NA.

5150sick

Jan 20, 2013
Leesburg, Florida
What I don't understand is the automatic assumption that the fasttech SVD is the "fake" and switch2ecigs SVD is "legit".

I personally think they are both real But if one was fake why couldn't or wouldn't it be the switch2ecigs one?

Even if a vendor is an "Authorized Seller". Wouldn't that make it even easier to get away with selling fakes?

Last edited:

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
FWIW, I have a FT SVD. It is the express version -- single tube telescopes from 18350 to 18650. The window is smoked, not mirrored, and the center post is spring loaded. It came in a shrink wrapped, very nicely made cardboard box that looks like the "real thing" (whatever that means). If it's not "genuine," then whoever made it did a fantastic job. Threads are smooth and sharp. All machine work is very high quality. It flew out of my pocket when I was at at run speed, landed on and bounced across solid concrete and the result was a nasty scratch on the beauty ring and that's it. Still works perfectly. I also have the Vamo V2 and this SVD is a much higher quality build in terms of it's mechanics. It cost me less than 40 bucks and I'm happy with it. What more is there to it lol?

Last edited:

belsenj

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
East Northport, NY USA
My post fits perfectly for this thread....I picked up an "Elego" SVD yesterday at my local b&m. (Will take pictures later and post when I am at home) Same packaging as Innokin, but not the kit. Very nice etching in the unit with the + and - signs in the right place. I have the bigger ring, no notches in 510 head. I have to say that unit is identical to the mixed up versions you all have, but it is labeled as an "Elego"

Inside the packaging is an Innokin instruction booklet, though. This led me to do some searching. The company, Shenzhen Elego Technology Co., is located from what I can tell....in the same building as Innokin in China. Elego is a trading company and Innokin is a manufacturer. Obviously, they have a working relationship, if not the same company all together.

Shenzhen Elego Technology Co., Ltd. - Electronic Cigarette,E-Cigarette

Like I said, I will be taking some pics and post them tonight.

belsenj

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
East Northport, NY USA
Here's a couple pictures. I like the quality build of this entirely. It's a tank!
20130808_201833.jpg
20130808_201555.jpg

look30

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
California
My post fits perfectly for this thread....I picked up an "Elego" SVD yesterday at my local b&m. (Will take pictures later and post when I am at home) Same packaging as Innokin, but not the kit. Very nice etching in the unit with the + and - signs in the right place. I have the bigger ring, no notches in 510 head. I have to say that unit is identical to the mixed up versions you all have, but it is labeled as an "Elego"

Inside the packaging is an Innokin instruction booklet, though. This led me to do some searching. The company, Shenzhen Elego Technology Co., is located from what I can tell....in the same building as Innokin in China. Elego is a trading company and Innokin is a manufacturer. Obviously, they have a working relationship, if not the same company all together.

Shenzhen Elego Technology Co., Ltd. - Electronic Cigarette,E-Cigarette

Like I said, I will be taking some pics and post them tonight.

how much was the Elego?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

look30

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
California
At my local b&m 59.99. Probably could have mail ordered for a lot less, but I really wanted hands on with this. I also like
to take care of my local guys. Warranty in case anything goes wrong is fantastic too.

not a bad price. the SVD is fantastic, I can't use anything else. The SID and the Sigelei V3 are full of dust :)... the Evic is only used to measure my rebuilds.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Steven Pye

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Herkimer NY
I just got the full kit version here in the USA from my local brick and mortar after my vamo chose to fall apart and start smoking---- I am really happy this all happened, I should have bought the SVD in the first place. It is built better, performs better, looks cooler, and has the trusted Innokin name- beyond the SVD I use the Innokin MVP, iClear16, and iClear30

with proper cleaning and maintenance the atomizer heads last for weeks, I was used to CE4's kicking the bucket after 3-5 days.

Markh5682

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Chorley, Lancs, UK
I bought the same one from another vender not fast tech and it is scratched to here to Pluto by just sitting on my shelf no idea how it happens very venerable to scratching.

Is that the whole unit or just the screen?

If it is the screen, that has a protective plastic film covering on it, it can be a bit fiddly to remove but once removed the screen is quite scratch resistant.

DaxFX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
I have left the film there. Can't figure out how to remove it. Well I can't tell if there is or not. It looks fine the way it came.

If is a little bit blurry and you got a robbery feel scratching with the nail is there, i do get a hard time getting mine out but after is out is a very shinny screen, scratch out with your finger nail the screen itself will not scratch, mine have got a good abuse and non a single scratch in the body or screen

Sent from my iVap using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread