First sinus infection since vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

NICnurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Well, after over 2 years of vaping, I have my first sinus infection. I would get 4-6 each year when I smoked. Weird thing is this time around, it took a while to actually realize it was a sinus infection. I had some stuffiness and felt run down, but it took waking up yesterday to the nastiest taste in the back of my throat to realize what was actually going on. And because I no longer have chronic sinus problems, I was able to just take amoxicillin instead of the usual levaquin or z pack that I needed when I smoked. And weirdly, I don't feel that bad! When I smoked, this kind of infection would land me on the sofa for a few days. My primary care doc looked shocked when she saw me because it had been so long! I used to provide her monthly lease payment in my medical bills for my sinus issues, lol!

I did not get into the vaping thing with her because I work at the same hospital that she has privileges in. I did not want to run the risk of my vaping habit getting out to anyone that works in my hospital. I just told her I quit smoking 2 years ago. She was happy. Never asked me how I quit though. Cannot wait until I finish grad school so that I can be out and proud with my vaping habit.

Ray D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
PA
Sorry to hear about the infection. That can't be fun. But it's neat to hear how much they've been reduced.

It's all anecdotal, of course, but I'm a lifelong migraine sufferer. Since I quit smoking and switched to vaping, the frequency of my migraines has dropped NOTICEABLY. From 3-5 per week to maybe once a week (if even that). Forget breathing better, if this trend continues, it was worth it for that alone!

yuttynutt

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2011
Minnesota
This is cool I thought I might be the only one who paid the doctors mortgage and yacht payment with my sinus infections. Unfortunately they say I have chronic sinus infections and they want to put balloons in my nose and blow em up:eek: The number and severity of my sinus infections has reduced though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Oh man I hated those damn things. Sorry you have one now but sounds like progress to me. I've been fighting off one because I live in an area where Mountain Cedar gets me. Damn stuff should be banned. LOL I still get the sniffles etc but not like in the past. Every year I would miss like a week of work due to an infection that gave me either throat infection of settled into my chest and turned into Bronchitis or worse. I do not miss coughing so much I would hurt. Right now it's just puffy eyes and a bit stuffed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread