Getting closer that that Mechanical mod...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
As of right now I've looked at several (in person) mech's and I wonder what you guys think of the Diablo Hybrid mod? I was looking at The Natural but decided that is a no go. Then I found a K100 locally and I can grab that for $65 but they are so popular and they fly off the shelves everywhere; meaning everyone has it. I looked at the Novis but I don't want a small mechanical mod...I saw a couple other ones as well. Then I stumbled across the Diablo and thought that this is a cool mod. Having everything built into it is cool.

So here is my question...

Which are the best Mechanical mods for under $300 and still attainable, (as in I don't have to wait forever to find one in stock somewhere)?

Last edited:

Serket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I think the rollers/dingos are in stock pretty often now - poldiacs tend to be in stock a lot lately too. Both of these are in stock right now actually.... Why did I go check the poldiacs :(

GP paps comes in stock about once a week or two as well. All of these are great mechs and they're all well under $300.

Tripster

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
I don't want one of the smaller mods. That is a nice looking mechanical but I would prefer a full sized unit that handles the 18650 battery. It must be able to use a genesis style tank/atomizer.

I only used 18650's but 14500's are next...when in doubt, more batteries!
The Precise Simplicity can handle RBA's just fine.

Serket

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Yes it is! I have one and love mine. I'd have to say I feel it hits a little harder than my paps but it takes more patience when it's time to clean up the switch. Not that it's rocket science or anything. Next on my list will probably another Poldiac, or maybe a second nemesis.. They both hit the same and I love the switch on both. I still think I like the Poldiac switch just a bit better because it's faster to lock and pocket once you're used to it. I'll have to see how I do with the Nemesis in my every day work life. Either way I know I'll order more stuff from MMV (They're working on a 22mm DID which might go as a hybrid mode for the poldiac and I'll most likely get one) and from Atmomixani (same thing, they're working on a hybrid genesis to go with the 69 and nemesis called the dome)

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I almost pulled the trigger on the POLDIAC. Was ready to hit the final purchase button and had to stop myself. I don't want to rush into anything until I know for sure it's the one for me but damn are those things beautiful.

I just received mine yesterday. If you can afford it, go for it. The Poldiac is pretty spectacular.
IMG_0291.jpg

Snicks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2013
Riverside, CA
I just received mine yesterday. If you can afford it, go for it. The Poldiac is pretty spectacular.
View attachment 217751

Thats a beaut! How long did it take to receive once you placed your order?

I can afford it for sure but I'm still not sure what I want to buy. Plus I got this idea in myhead that I want to buy a new rear wheel for my Harley. So I may be spending a lot of money in the next day or two.

That said I'd still buy this mod but I 'm going to read reviews today on as many mechanicals that I can and try and make up my mind. Gonna buy one before the weekend for sure.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Thats a beaut! How long did it take to receive once you placed your order?

I can afford it for sure but I'm still not sure what I want to buy. Plus I got this idea in myhead that I want to buy a new rear wheel for my Harley. So I may be spending a lot of money in the next day or two.

That said I'd still buy this mod but I 'm going to read reviews today on as many mechanicals that I can and try and make up my mind. Gonna buy one before the weekend for sure.

I ordered on Saturday morning, and received it Wednesday afternoon. It came UPS. Pretty good, considering it came from Greece.

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
zen sw new coil.jpg get a zen sidewinder camo le from electronicstix its usually in stock but pushing $300, i can mail u the brass contacts if u have trouble getting them at home depot (comes with stainless), its a SICK SICK toy.....hits like a train and its a hybrid- tank is built in...sorry i took the pic with the top offf....

Last edited:

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca
Precise plus is rhodium plated i believe, so similar effect? (Saw a precise plus on a vendors site in stock about an hour ago, all finishes just slanted)

well, it's not really an apples-to-apples comparison. rhodium's conductivity is actually a little lower than brass (silver, copper, and gold, in that order, have the highest conductivities). the big benefit of rhodium is that it's pretty much indestructible. it doesn't tarnish/oxidize, it's incredibly hard, it's resistant to acids, etc etc etc.

basically, precise plus will perform about average electrically, but you literally NEVER have to clean it (well, assuming you don't get gunk inside it). silver, on the other hand, tarnishes easily, and needs to be polished regularly to keep it working well.

all that being said, precise plus is effing beautiful, gotta get me one...

EDIT: found more info about rhodium on the p+, direct from the manufacturer:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/super-t-manufacturing/231517-why-rhodium-facts.html

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
No love for the AltSmoke Silver Bullet? I know, not a true mech as it has electrical switch. But the fit and finish is great, its nearly indestructable, and at a far cheaper price than what has been previously mentioned ($85). Plus, they have an extremely wide selection of colors available. Made and serviced in Ohio.

Silver Bullet with AGA T2.jpg my white Silver Bullet with an AGA T2 and Bull's Mod tru-stone drip tip.

bellafam006.jpg collection of Silver Bullets (not mine) with Bella tanks from Hoosier Vapes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread