Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
My neck hurts from nodding so much after reading through all 21 pages of this thread. My wife and I fell for the spiel at the SE booth in the King Of Prussia mall in January of last year. Huge disappointment was heaped upon us, as we were really looking forward to busting the ciggie habit. Of course, like 90% of the responders in this thread, I started doing some online research, wept, and then picked up a couple of 901 kits.
To us, Smoking Everywhere has accomplished two things - First, there is a viable alternative to smoking (just not theirs), and Second, DAGS* before you buy!

* DAGS= Do A Google Search

CAVEAT EMPTOR is the theme of capitalism. You know, Let The Buyer Beware. And from what I've read on this thread, I think I was the biggest jerk and got ripped the worst so far! :oops:
Instead of Smoking Everywhere, I got taken at a mall Kiosk by a company called Innovative Smoking selling the E-Lite Elite Kits for $199.99 plus tax!!! From what I've read about SE, their product sounds identical and maybe they are now also DBA as this company. I stupidly stopped to look and my husband was with me. He'd been on me about quitting smoking, as I have a lot of other health issues as well. My father was in the hospital dying from emphysema and he had been begging me to quit for years. I told him I would, but I just couldn't stop. I thought for sure my husband would say no due to the price of the kit, but he's the one who had been buying my 2-3 packs of Benson & Hedges DeLuxe Ultra Lights a day and knew how much they were costing!
We bought them on 2/24/10 and of course they were +&%@! I was bound and determined not to give up and keep my promise to my father, I knew there had to be another e-cig out there, otherwise nobody would be smoking them. So I took to the internet and bought another kit for $139.00, but with a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee (I now find this very important).
I had cancer surgery on March 3rd (Thank GOD, not Lung Cancer). My father was sick and dying in the hospital and devastated over my cancer. I went to see him 3 days after my surgery so I could show him that I was quitting using the e-cigs. He was in a coma and never got to see them and passed away on March 10, 2010 from emphysema, even though he had quit smoking 10 years earlier. The permanent damage had already been done and I saw how bad he had suffered.
Now the 2nd kit I had bought was better, but had major battery flaws like having to charge them longer than their use time. I sent the kit back and found my way to the ecf forum. I tried to buy an adaptor for the first kit that I had been stuck with so I could use cartomizers and of course, bought the wrong type. I called the company that I bought it from, GoodProphets, and met Rob. He helped me out in so many ways and most of all helped me to keep my promise to my father. I have since learned a lot about e-cigs and love them. Cigarettes taste nasty to me now. I still complain about my first experience at the mall, but like my husband keeps telling me it was worth it as a learning experience and I wouldn't be off of the cigarettes now if I hadn't learned about them the hard way!

lampshadeburgler

Dec 8, 2010
NH, USA
I got my intro kit online from smoketip.com. It's a KR808d-1 battery usable with liquids & cartomizers (it's a 2 piece unit) from a variety of sellers. It seems to me to be fairly versatile and similar enough to smoking that I haven't had an "analog" since I got my kit. I must warn you, the "regular" flavor from smoketip tastes like the smell of a nicotine patch. It was ok for me until I discovered some of the amazing flavors from other companies. I'd say KR808D-1 is a good starter e-cig, too. Google it. Find the best price. Buy one and vape away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread