Status
Not open for further replies.

MilkyTheCerealKiller

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
PG, UT
I was first introduced to e-cigs at a kiosk in Vegas, can't remember if it was SE or not because I may have had 14 too many drinks to recall. They let me try the product and I wasn't very impressed with it. I'm glad I didn't fall into the trap. Since then a friend of mine told me about e cigs again and I went straight to a local smoke shop and was lucky enough to end up with a 901. Still trying to find a good juice and will probably start mixing my own. I havent quit the analogs just yet but I'm confident I will. my smoking is down at least 75% from where it was.

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
Wow, there are so many people here that are down right ...... off about their SE. I too was reeled in at the mall kiosk. It was before I found this website. While I did pay too much for it, it has worked very well for me. Since then I have purchased a 510 as well so I have something that I can compare it to. The 510 does give a bigger hit with a lot more vapor, but I still puff on my SE at night. It gives a lighter hit which is fine by me in the evening.

The good thing about the SE is that when it does break, I can just go back to the mall which is about a five minute drive from my house. They are more than happy to replace whatever goes bad with the SE. They have replaced two atty's for me and they have told me both times, that they will replace any part that goes bad for the next two years. It even says that on the receipt (which I hold on to like a piece of gold). If they continue to do as they say, I figure it will be worth the price I payed in the long run.

It seems to me like these devices will break no matter what model or brand you buy. At the rate I see people here burning up atty's and batteries, I think I'll do ok. I'm sure I'll still be using it two years from now. Although I'm also sure that in two years I will have a large collection of other makes and models as well :) :D

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
I took the time to do the research before buying a E-Cig. I saw them at the mall, I saw them advertised on web sites, I saw them on tv, everywhere then I decided to look into them before I spent a nickel on one.

If you show a little diligence you can avoid getting ripped off or having buyers remorse after your first kit arrives and it is not the magical electronic cigarette that last all day on a single cart and single charge. None of the E-Cigs available today are perfect but some are clearly better than others. There is tons of information on the forums for each brand and tons of comparisons by members with all different smoking backgrounds from 5 smokes a day to 3 packs a day.

It sucks that you feel that you got rooked but I would also try to look at it as the first model in your collection. Most people have more than one e-cig, and the reason for that is that there is not a perfect one out and we have all bought a second or third model in hopes that will be "the one". You can use it as a loaner or intro model to friends, just try to look at it as a learning experience. I just wish some other new people would see this thread and see how doing a little research before buying one can pay off big time for them before they run off and buy the first model that they run into.

It really makes me angry seeing some of these sites that have these free offers that if you read the fine print are just a big scam where they reserve the right to charge you even if you do return it within the time period and the trial starts from day ordered not day it arrived, the monthly supply of carts is a joke, and other BS. These sites are just out to rip people off and make a quick buck, please think very hard before signing up for any service that offers monthly supplies. One rule I try to follow at all times on internet purchases is that if I can't talk to a person then I won't buy from them either, I want to be able to talk to a person not just send a email when it breaks. Good luck and be careful, do the research first, the answers you seek are here.

Data4

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
Tacoma, WA
When you think about it, SE are just capitalizing on the ignorance of the masses, just like every single business does to a certain degree. Most of us know better than to spend $130 for a starter kit that contains 1 atty and 1 battery because we've taken the time to learn about it. Some did so before buying, and others (myself included) did it afterwards.

This isn't limited to Smoking Everywhere, and I'll give you an example. I used to build and repair computers professionally, and even though I'm now in a completely different field, I try to maintain an up-to-date knowledge on computer maintenence and technology. For me, it's a no-brainer to keep my computers free of virii and malware, and keep them optimized to run at their most efficient. Every day on my way to work, I hear commercials for services that supposedly double the speed of your computer by ridding it of all the crap and doing what I already know how to do from experience and due dilligence. The fact is, there are people willing to pay for that convenience, who don't have the time or inclination to learn about AdAware, Spybot Search and Destroy, virus scanners, defragmentation, cookie maintenence, and everything else associated with keeping a computer clean and in top form. For them, it's worth the $75/hr or whatever.

It's easy to get mad at SE for selling what you already know at a premium to the ignorant. I feel that every time I'm in Best Buy buying parts for my computer and I hear someone getting sold on a maintenence plan. I just shake my head and keep going.

The Free Market has a way of correcting itself. I can't see how Smoking Everywhere will continue to be in business in the long run if they don't adjust as these things become more popular. They're still, as far as I know, one of the few sellers that offer a 1 year no hassle warranty on parts, as long as you have a receipt. Perhaps, as Optsmk points out, a SE purchase will eventually pay for itself in the form of wear & tear replacements over the warranty period. I can't really complain about my own SE cig, and the one atty exchange I've had to do on it since April was handled without any problems.

-D4

Rikki

Dec 2, 2009
usa
I'm going to the Better Business Bureau and filing a complaint.
I wish I had read up on reviews prior to buying my "SMOKING EVERYWHERE" e-cigarette.
WHAT A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE and BAD, BAD purchase. I can't believe I actually gave them even MORE of my money in the separate atomizer purchase I NEVER RECEIVED YET. (1 month later!)

So, I went to the Ontario Mills Mall a couple months ago and bought the “SmokingEverywhere” gold kit for over $140. The salesman assured me I can bring it to him should something need replacing. He told me each filter is equal to 2-3 packs of cigarettes. A few days later, I made a trip to Las Vegas and attempted to us the e-cigarette during the 2 hour drive. I had to replace the filter cartilage 3 times before giving up. Almost as quickly as I replaced each filter, it “fizzled out”. Its best performance was extremely weak. Around November 2, I returned to the same mall and found that that salesman had been fired . In his place was an EXTREMELY rude and difficult woman with poor customer service. I returned to the mall twice this day to remedy the situation. With a receipt, she hurriedly replaced my atomizer as she was attempting to make a sale to another customer and my situation didn’t look good for her potential sale. Before I exited the mall, the new atomizer she just replaced carried the same weak performance as the one prior. I called SmokeEverywhere’s number, 1-800-613-0337 and told them of the situation. The representative at that number took my credit card number in return for sending out 2 atomizers. The second atomizer was “free for my trouble”. Fast forward to December 2, exactly one month from my order date. I called 1-800-613-0337 again because I had not received or heard anything from “SmokeEverywhere”. I was told I was not in their system. I informed them that I was charged $8.95 on November 2. I was asked to send proof of this on my bank statement to their email address. I was told their representatives are not authorized to give a second atomizer. I was told that, in addition to providing my bank statement by email, I need to send them the damaged atomizer to receive ONE replacement, not two, by mail. I was told to “keep your slick comments to yourself” by Sarah, a representative. While she was on the phone, I immediately sent four emails to 2 different email addresses that Sarah gave me, containing proof of the debit from my bank account. As her customer service soured, I asked for a refund since nothing had been received by me and Sarah replied that they have a “no refund policy.”

Rikki

Dec 2, 2009
usa
Oh my gosh, Debbika!
This is what I did when the rude lady tried shooing me off!
I sat right next to her kiosk, DEMONSTRATING how my e-cigarette doesn't work.
She called security. Wow, guess you can't smoke EVERYWHERE.
Especially in front of the kiosk that sold it to me.
Sure, I was not getting results from my e-cigarette. Why should she care if I was standing 5 feet from her kiosk with my faulty cigarette?

Kewtsquirrel

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2009
DFW, TX
moddersupply.com
Smokin - If you try to return it and get nowhere with the kiosk, take a stroll down to the mall management office and have a chat with the specialty retail agent. I used to own/work at the Dead sea kiosks (the israelis who want to see your fingernails/give you lotion now), and I can tell you that they all live in a constant fear of management. It only takes a few complaints for the management to shut down a kiosk permanently, and if its egregious enough you can blacklisted by an entire management company.

Say things like "I was extremely uncomfortable, I kept telling them I wanted to think about it and was pressured into it, I even started to walk away at one point and the salesman ran up and grabbed my arm to give me a better offer."

First try should be to the kiosk though - ask to speak to a manager first, if they give you some line about one not being there, tell them you were sold a product under false pretenses and they lied to you about the performance of it. Tell them if they don't give you a refund your first step will be to the management office, followed by a call to the Texas attorney general and the better business bureau. Make yourself more trouble than you're worth and you'll get your money back in short order.

Drop me a PM and next time I'm back home in Arlington we can grab some coffee and I can show ya some of the /really/ good stuff - I should be running back home from the girlfriends in a few days when my newegg order shows up.

jghunter1

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Denver, N.C.
I was soo lucky, I read in my local paper that "smoking everywhere" had a kiosk at my local mall. I had heard about e-cigs and was really interested in them as a "smoking alternative". (Originally just wanted something I could use when I COULDN'T use an analog). I was LITERALLY about to get in my car to drive down to the mall and try them out when I thought: "hey, maybe I can find a consumer review of these on the internet".
That's when I found the ECF. Spent 4 solid days surfing the forum then ordered a Joye 510 online. I feel like I dodged a bullet....

65590.png

airpoff

Dec 31, 2009
DFW
I bought two smoking everywhere e-cigs and refill them with the liquid, you just have to push the white part out with a paper clip, fill it and reinsert it. I had an atomizer go out and they replaced it at the mall I bought it at no problem. Even gave me advice on care. tasty vapor.us is a great place to order liquid, I picked the build your own flavor....Mine is chocolate,almond, butter cream,mmmm good. I just clean and refill the cartridge, the fiber is down inside.

jiggalla

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 2, 2010
westjordan, ut
  • Deleted by Sun Vaporer

Turco Chips

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
Rowlett, TX (DFW area)
Of course! There is no way at all you are a shill for them, after all, you have 5 posts!!

also, smoking everywhere is horrid.

JMO, but just because someone likes their SE cig, that doesn't make 'em a shill. I give you that there are better options out there, but if they like their PV why give 'em grief? :cool:

TC

SmokinPony

Dec 30, 2009
Louisville, KY
JMO, but just because someone likes their SE cig, that doesn't make 'em a shill. I give you that there are better options out there, but if they like their PV why give 'em grief? :cool:

TC

I will give SE credit for having a somewhat usable product, if overpriced. The RN 4801 or whatever it is that I got is /okay/, it's just really hit or miss and I don't get good TH unless I have a fresh battery and a fresh cartridge.

Nerf - We're in Kentucky right now, will be back before the 11th. Def. would love to sit down and chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread