Help me convince my wife!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chas F.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2013
Colorado
So I've been vaping for 15 days now and my wife revealed to me tonight she freaks out when she sees me exhale 'a cloud'. She says her main concern is what is in the vapor and how it affects her. Which I found hypocritical because she doesn't always make healthy choices. (she drinks diet sodas for instance). :?:

I pulled up the study by CASAA and let her read it but she still is unsure of what to think. She even got online and read a couple articles that she found. They didn't help at all. She is skeptical of the CASAA study because it was funded by a 'pro e-cig' organization. I pointed out that the articles she read are biased against e-cigs and to follow the money. Short of it is, I'm having trouble finding relevant studies on PV use and the affects of second hand vapor. All of the ones I found had to do with cartridge cigs and I don't know how relevant they are to vaping. Anyone got some links to vapor specific studies to assuage my wife's concerns?

Regards,
Chas

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I got nuttin'. If she isn't convinced by the current CASAA report... there isn't anything better out there right now. And if she wants to hang onto junk science on the internet there is no helping that. "A study of nine cartridges done four years ago showed two of them had something bad, but not enough to matter." Why that seems to convince some people we are all drinking motor oil or something - I have no idea.

Have you tried reverse psychology? She would actually prefer it if you smoked instead? :facepalm:

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
There are a number of ways you can handle this, all of which depends on your relationship with her. My recommendation is to buy her a puppy. Get her a really really cute puppy. Get her to fall in love with it. Then just when she starts baby talking to it, take it out to the grill when you are cooking steaks. Make sure the fire is really going great and hold the puppy over the flames (far enough away that you aren't hurting the puppy, I mean, he didn't do anything to get tossed in flames but he is just a pawn in your little game but she doesn't know that) and say "If you bug me any more about this ...., I'm gonna drop the puppy and go buy a pack of cigarettes!" I find acting like a psychopath really does wonders in correcting spousal behavior when all else fails. It's really worked great for all six of my marriages.

Talyns1369

Sep 5, 2013
utah
There was a video on youtube of a man who had smoked anologues for years and showed his chest x rays and you couldn't not see his lungs he then started vaping and in i believe six months his lungs had completletly cleared and you could see them and also its no different then a humidifier in a room vapor vs smoke big difference good luck man and its way better then anologs

Sincerely Talyn
good luck brotha

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
BBQ the puppy LOL oh my goodness lol.
My husband was pretty unpleasant when I started. Anything he could come up with even just make stuff up! He would cough when I got my e cig out....never mind the fact I hadn't used it in a half hour. Just the sight would make him cough. It took time, but he got over it. Plus he still chews and smokes. I told him if he's so much tougher and wouldn't need a quitting aid...then to quit cold turkey right this instant :D
Just stand your ground and maybe vape in another room. Perhaps she will get over it. Or at least more comfortable with the idea.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    There are a number of ways you can handle this, all of which depends on your relationship with her. My recommendation is to buy her a puppy. Get her a really really cute puppy. Get her to fall in love with it. Then just when she starts baby talking to it, take it out to the grill when you are cooking steaks. Make sure the fire is really going great and hold the puppy over the flames (far enough away that you aren't hurting the puppy, I mean, he didn't do anything to get tossed in flames but he is just a pawn in your little game but she doesn't know that) and say "If you bug me any more about this ...., I'm gonna drop the puppy and go buy a pack of cigarettes!" I find acting like a psychopath really does wonders in correcting spousal behavior when all else fails. It's really worked great for all six of my marriages.

I havent laughed out loud at my computer in a while. This was priceless.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Is your wife a smoker? I am thinking not. So maybe just continue your routine as you did when you smoked cigs, and once she begins to see the health benefits, she may start to change her mind.

:)

ps. And have her visit this forum to read of all the people whom lives have been changed for the better. May not be an 'official' study, but going straight to the horses mouth should start to give her some idea of what it is all about. If she refuses, then she just want to be argumentative. Sometimes when people are so stubborn that nothing changes their mind, they end up losing a whole lot more then they bargained for.

just saying.....

Last edited:

Vapeaddikt

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2013
    Southern Cloud Cartel Arlington, TX
    How much do you currently or did spend on cig's

Be the man. Yes relationships are give and take but just make sure you are not the only one doing the giving.

Love is support and give and take.

My advice. "sometimes its better to ask for forgiveness than permission"

If you feel that strong about something JUST DO IT. Be the man.

RaceGun59

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 5, 2013
    Owensboro, KY
    If you have done the research you know all the products that have PG and VG in them. Get a bag and go around and collect all the producta in the house that might contain PG/VG and then tell the wife you are worried about her exposure to this. Once the shampoo, makeup, soap, food coloring/flavoring is gone she might change her mind. If that fails there's always the grill and the puppy...Just Kidding.....G

Robino1

Resting in Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Technically the study was funded by CASAA. CASAA paid an uninterested third party to go over all the studies that were done by many groups, Anti Nicotine and FDA findings included, in what the professor reviewed. What people don't understand is data can be read in many ways. What the professor did was read all of these and trace them back to the original data collection. Then with eyes that had NO STAKE in the results, came to the conclusion that was then published.

CASAA agreed to not change anything, no matter how it turned out.

Oh, turn the tables on your wife. Those studies that show bad things, are done by organizations that want to see ecigs go away. That includes the big pharm companies. No diseases? No funding. No medical issues? No money coming in.

Just my two cents. Good luck. I hope she sees that your health is better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread