Help me pick a REO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauly3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2013
McAllen, TX
Hello all REO Lovers... I need your help! I am wanting to purchase a REO and just don't know enough about them to make a wise decision. I'm currently vaping with a great ProVari/Sofia setup and want to get into a mechanical and I think REOs are my best bet.

I want to use a dripping setup like an RM2 but I also want to be able to use other dripping attys and even my Sophia's by Leo.

Do I need to purchase a low profile version or will a standard work?

Is the RM2 my best bet or are there better?

Which is best between the Grand and Mini 2.1?

I appreciate everyone's help in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
Hello all REO Lovers... I need your help! I am wanting to purchase a REO and just don't know enough about them to make a wise decision. I'm currently vaping with a great ProVari/Sofia setup and want to get into a mechanical and I think REOs are my best bet.

I want to use a dripping setup like an RM2 but I also want to be able to use other dripping attys and even my Sophia's by Leo.

Do I need to purchase a low profile version or will a standard work?
Sounds like you need a LP Reo
Is the RM2 my best bet or are there better?
RM2 is one of the best for flavor and ease of building
Which is best between the Grand and Mini 2.1?
Both are great Mini for it's small size Grand has twice the juice volume and a bigger battery.
I appreciate everyone's help in advance!

No problem we're here to help. Also if you get the low profile get the low profile RM2.

Last edited:

Jonathan Rizo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Riverside, California, United States
You've gotten a great response already but I'll add a few things for ya.

LP is the way of the future so that you have added flexibility for future RBA's and such.

RM2 is a great bang for the buck. Easy to build on, great flavor, and it's inexpensive!

The grand isn't really all that big to be honest, it's about as tall as a pack of smokes but not as wide. It's a hell of a lot smaller than I expected it to be. I went with the grand for the longevity of the battery as well as to carry more juice and not having the worry of running out if I'm out and about for 4+ hours.

Any and all are great choices, just a matter of what will be suit your needs, congrats on your future purchase(s) [there will be multiple just fyi]

Also dont forget to order spare parts, tubes, screws etc. They come in handy :D

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
LP is the way to go if you do not plan on using cartomizers or standard disposable atomizers (510,306). You could even use your Sophia in a carto-tank on an LP Grand. (kind of defeats the purpose of the Reo though...)

You won't be disappointed with an RM2. There are plenty of RDA's out there but the RM2 is a diamond in the ruff. Great all day vape and easy as hell to build on. Get the LP RM2 to go with an LP Reo.

The Grand uses 18650 batteries and has a 6ml bottle. The mini uses 18490/500 batteries and uses a 3ml bottle. The Grand is much smaller than anybody realizes once they see one in person, the Mini even smaller.

I'd definitely go with the LP Grand. You mentioned wanting to still be able to use your Sophia, and with an LP Grand you could still use an 18490 + Kick 2 in it and it'd be just like a Provari in box form.

THOUGH:

Knock on wood.... wanna make a friendly wager that you'll be selling your Provari + Sophia after using the Reo + RM2??? :D

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
Do I lose any functionality from not having the deeper juice well (I think that's what it's called)?

When you squonk cartomizers or disposable atomizers (510,306) juice will partially fill the catch-cup. Without the catchcup (LP Grand) it will be kind of leaky and messy, so you essentially loose the ability to "cleanly" use those toppers.

pauly3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2013
McAllen, TX
When you squonk cartomizers or disposable atomizers (510,306) juice will partially fill the catch-cup. Without the catchcup (LP Grand) it will be kind of leaky and messy, so you essentially loose the ability to "cleanly" use those toppers.

This won't happen with the RM2 though... Correct?

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
This won't happen with the RM2 though... Correct?

Correct. Cartomizers and disposable atty's get their airflow through the 510 connection. So when you feed juice up the 510 post, it's going to partially spill out those air holes in the connection. That's what the catch cup is for.

RDA's have their airflow in the cap. The juice shoots straight up to the deck, then gets sucked back down. Using an o-ring around the 510 connection seals it up, so there is zero juice in the catch cup. This is why the LP makes sense these days... there's no need for the catch cup anymore with RDA's, and it allows you to fit larger diameter toppers on the Reo.

You only need a standard Reo if you plan on using cartomizers or disposable atty's. Or if for some reason you are in love with the look of the catch-cup. lol :p

Last edited:

Jonathan Rizo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Riverside, California, United States
Thanks for all the info. Gonna do a bit more research tonight and then hope to pull the trigger by Friday. So an LP Grand and RM2 is what I'm after!

Good choice! now just the color is all that's left to choose :p

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Thanks for all the info. Gonna do a bit more research tonight and then hope to pull the trigger by Friday. So an LP Grand and RM2 is what I'm after!

The LP Grand is a fantastic first REO! Make sure you get the RM2 that is for the LP Grand. It is not milled at the bottom and fits perfect!

Fearalis

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2013
UT
I got the standard Reo and kind of wish I went with the LP. I thought it would be vise versa since it's almost a "special" RM2 (lp rm2) that you're buying. BUT, I like that I can still use cartos and regular 510 atty's with the extra juice well so it's probably the best thing I got the standard since i'll be buying another reo, well... 2.... in the future. (One for my GF, another one for me. Crap guys, I thought I dodged the reo bug but it's hitting me.)

pauly3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2013
McAllen, TX
Start with a LP Grand and LP Mini 2.1 in you favorite color combo and a RM2. Then add a few different color doors while your deciding on your next Reo purchase and browsing the classies for a Woodvil and some other bf atty's (it's habit forming).:laugh:

Ohhh man that scares me! I'm sure my wallet is scared too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread