Hey from Philly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Non-Smoking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Philly burbs
So this ecig thing is the polar opposite of how I operate. What I mean is I typically research, research, research, PURCHASE...here I purhcased and spent the last few days researching. I've picked up a few things here and want to give back from someone who has never even heard of "vaping".

Here's my story, smoking for too long, feeling like an idiot for too long...especially every time I say this is my last cigarette and find myself at the counter half an hour later. I noticed these njoy Kings disposables at my local gas station I frequent. On Friday I was going to a bar (no smoking indoors here) and decided to pick one of these up opposed to a pack of regs. I planned to bum one outside if I really needed it and give it a go. Fast forward to today, Thursday and I'm going on a week w/o a single "analog" smoke. This King disposable lasted me Friday night DRINKING and into Saturday night. I loved it, it was light like a real smoke, a soft tip you can hold in your teeth and even give a bite/squeeze to and the throat hit and flavor I found I could live with.

What I didn't do is buy another disposable at $7. Rather I was satisfied enough to go with their "njoy Rechargeable Express Kit" which is the cigarette looking battery thing, 1 cartomizer (if I've got my lingo down) and a USB charger. That was $19.99, but they had a $5 off promo costing me $15. I also bought a $19 ($15 after $5 discount) 5 pack of catomizers, bringing my total investment to $37 (including the $7 disposable king that got me started). I have to say, as a pack a day smoker that I don't see me going back. I haven't slipped once and my mindset tells me that after making it through the first day (which wasn't that hard) I shouldn't break.

Soooo after I bought the $30 rechargeble "kit" I started digging around online...I guess they did something right as the cost seemed reasonable and the Hess Express is less than a mile away for refills. I found a youtube video where someone EASILY opened up a spent NJOY cartomizer to refill. I then found a vape shop is only the next town over so I plan to pay them a visit tomorrow to see what I can pick up to fill my first spent cartridge. On THAT note, I'll say that I'm only on my 2nd "Bold" cartridge since Saturday night (3 days) and I work from home hitting it frequently. I'm MORE than pleased with this company, their product and myself. Looking forward to getting into some cool .... for the home down the road, but I'll likely only ever whip out this NJOY in public. From what I've read in here I've inferred that this community thinks NJOY is too expensive. All I can say is I'm loyal. They got to me and are adding years to my life. I'll stick with them, it's way cheaper than smoking and I may figure out how to refill these carts anyway!!!

Welcome to ecf! I had tried the njoy e-cig earlier but after buying 2 kits, I never could get them to work quite right. My m-i-l also tried them and didn't like them. But it is great that they are working for you, everyone has to find their own nitch.
My m-i-l finally found the tsunami 1000x e-cig and she loved it so I figured, if she could quit using it then I should be able to. She is 70 y.o. and has smoked most of her life. But since coming on ecf I have been learning so much about the world of vaping that when it is time to replace the set up that I am currently using, I will probably upgrade to one of the ones I hear a lot about on the forum here.
Congrats on leaving the analogs behind!

~Susiejo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread