Hey, New Member here with two questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

entropy100

Aug 24, 2010
la
First of all, ive looked through this forum and i think this community is ....ing amazing. Ive been on analogs for over 2 years and when i run out i just set up my hookah. Ive been analog free and hookah free for 3 days and have been using the Joye Ego with 510 atty and a cartridge. i was also given an unopened cartomizer.

im very new to this and had a couple questions.
1: I am very confused how to refill my cartridge. ive seen several videos and i tried it myself due to its simplicity. all i do is take off the cartridge, drip 7-8 drops in the non-mouthpiece side and put it back on the atty and vape. The problem is that when i pull, i pull out the juices. This has been happening for two days and im at a loss. What am i doing wrong?

i took out the the lil fluffy thing in the cartridge and tried dripping 7 drops into it and NOT putting it on but then i pull juice.

also should i stick to the 3 piece set or put in the cartomizer?

Thanks in advance

TWolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Northern MS
twolf2u.blogspot.com
Welcome to the forum, entropy! Sounds like you've either got too much juice in the cart or (more likely) are trying drag on it like you would a cig. Long, slow drags are the key. Fill your mouth slowly with vaper and then inhale. If you're really tired of the cart, try dripping. Just drip 2-3 drops of juice right in the atomizer and use an empty cart (no filler) as a mouthpiece.

jmaul99

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2010
Marietta, GA
I gave up on carts after the 1st day of getting my e- cig. I could never get them to work right and never got the flavor, vapor, or throat hit I wanted. Went to dripping 3 drops directly on the atty and this worked great for me till today. I received 8 of the Ikv 510 cartomizers from ikenvape.com and love them. I can get about 30 drops in a cartomizer and get more flavor, and as much vapor and throat hit as I got direct dripping. Try the cartomizer that came with your kit and if you like it order some from ikenvape.

t9c

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2010
Houston
Hi & welcome to ecf & vaping.

You're filling the cart correctly, but what I do is take the filler out, cut it in half, then set the half aside. Drop about 9 drops of juice into the cart, then stuff the half filler back in about a centimeter (1/8") deep, then drop a few more drops on top of the filler till it looks like a slushy. THEN drip 2 drops on the atty bridge...the part that sticks up inside the atty. Get the drops right on top of the bridge, not to the sides. The bridge will soak up the drops. Stick the cart back on pull the trigger and vape.

I checked all 10 or so of my carts the other day to see how they're built. Stick a toothpick into the vape hole on the mouth end and pull the top end out. Most of my carts, not all, have a little silicone disc that looked like it had turned sideways in there. I didn't notice much wrong except quite a few of my carts seemed "stopped up". Still drawing, but hard. The disc has a small hole in the center.

I pushed the silicone disc back down so it looks like it fits right, then refilled a few carts. It seemed like they drew better.

Hope this helps!

entropy100

Aug 24, 2010
la
Thanks! i tried Twolfs method and t9c and i have to say that by dripping an extra drop on the top of the filler and two on the atty that im having amazing results. i washed out the cartridge. did the usual fill 8 drips put in the filler 1 drop there and 2 on atty and im vapeing away!!

Thanks for all the help i will pay forward the help!

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
i recommend tryin out your cartomizer. once i tried them, i never went back (almost a year ago). search youtube for videos on how to use/fill them. also try the google search bar at the bottom of the ECF page for specific questions. it typically works batter than the native ECF search function.

also, welcome. you're in good hands now.

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
First of all, ive looked through this forum and i think this community is ....ing amazing. Ive been on analogs for over 2 years and when i run out i just set up my hookah. Ive been analog free and hookah free for 3 days and have been using the Joye Ego with 510 atty and a cartridge. i was also given an unopened cartomizer.

im very new to this and had a couple questions.
1: I am very confused how to refill my cartridge. ive seen several videos and i tried it myself due to its simplicity. all i do is take off the cartridge, drip 7-8 drops in the non-mouthpiece side and put it back on the atty and vape. The problem is that when i pull, i pull out the juices. This has been happening for two days and im at a loss. What am i doing wrong?

i took out the the lil fluffy thing in the cartridge and tried dripping 7 drops into it and NOT putting it on but then i pull juice.

also should i stick to the 3 piece set or put in the cartomizer?

Thanks in advance

Your issue is you flooded the cart once, and now its staying that way. Heres a little known secret.
Take that 510 cart, mouthpiece end, slip you a paperclip or something in the hole, and give it a pull. The end cap will come off. Look inside..its probably a nice pool of juice, and thats what your sucking up. paper towel that bit out. Looking in now its a chamber with another lil hole...stick a paperclip in THAT hole, and pull up. Itll pop out too. Its a little disk that is supposed to keep liquid down, but it doesnt. When you pull hard on a flooded cart or atty, you just create more pressure in there, and it will pull liquid into that chamber. Chuck the disk. Put end cap back on. Now if you ever get liquid comming back at you, just blow it right back, lightly to the atty:)

B-ryte

Aug 22, 2010
Augusta, GA
I gave up on carts after the 1st day of getting my e- cig. I could never get them to work right and never got the flavor, vapor, or throat hit I wanted. Went to dripping 3 drops directly on the atty and this worked great for me till today. I received 8 of the Ikv 510 cartomizers from ikenvape.com and love them. I can get about 30 drops in a cartomizer and get more flavor, and as much vapor and throat hit as I got direct dripping. Try the cartomizer that came with your kit and if you like it order some from ikenvape.

I second the cartomizers. But you may find dripping to be a more economical habit. I've found that I use far more juice with cartomizers and they can get pricey if you ape quite a bit. The flavor and convenience of cartomizers is unmatched, however.

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
Why is it ppl jump straight to cartomisers? Every atty has its own flaws. How bout we work on perfecting the ones we have, then move on, instead of immediatly giving up on models, and moving on, essentially requiring taming a new beast, and spending more money. Solving issues are generally pretty easy if you ask the right questions to the right ppl. On this forum, there are dozens of ppl that know exactly how to fix ANY possible issue. Saying "give up and just get a different atty" kind of goes against what the forum is for, ya dig. :p

entropy100

Aug 24, 2010
la
Big chief got it. i did exactly what u said but put the middle cap in also and now its hitter even better and no water at all. when i opened it the top cap had a little pool of Ejuice so i TPed it away!

I was wondering about the cleaning method. i was told that at night put the cartridge upside down after a quick flush and do the same with the atty. This is supposed(?) to make the atty last longer.

is this true? and also what are some good tips and tricks that i should know. and anything i must avoid at all costs. is there a limit to how long i can pull? i usually pull about 7-8 seconds?

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
yup, put em in a shot glass at night, cart down. You should triple your lifespan. You hear a lot about keeping the coil wet. Thats not accurate. You must keep the WICK wet, coil dry.
Coil can gunk up, and fast. The cart and the shot glass trick are the 2 main 510 issues that are easily solved. Now just lighten up your batting in the cart to half of what the factory puts in, and most all 510 issues are eliminated, using stock items.

Whoa..limit pulls to 5 seconds. If you need that big of a pull, consider a Low resistance 510 with blue fluval batting, cut to exact size.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread