How to carry your manual ecig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightMagester

Jun 9, 2011
Los Angeles
Hello all,

Just as my question says, how do YOU carry your manual ecig? I was wondering what the best/most intriguing way of carrying it so that the atty doesnt' accidentally fry itself? Or go off in my pocket, or ... insert some dire consequences here.

Some info: I was previously using a disposable ecig (Xhaleo2, which I kind of liked, since I could carry it in my pocket, and didn't leak, also it was an automatic). Now I have a Joye 510, and after a couple of days, I still really like it, it's still new, and I'm thinking the "new toy" feeling is still kicking in.

I have a PCC, which holds 2 containers (canisters, cartridges?) of juice (another question while I'm on it lol how do you prevent leakage?). Do you folks who have manuals, just carry them around in your hand? or do you keep the one in the PCC, and just assemble it every time (which is what I've been doing but it's kind of inconvenient)

So, those of you who have a manual ecig... how do you do it?

Thanks!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Slim little 510? I use Boge cartomizers and my pants are not that tight all - I can put it in my pocket. But in the winter I kept my stuff in the pockets of my cardigan and now have a little woven bag with a cross-body strap and carry my ecig stuff in there w/ 2 assembled ecigs in the front mostly zipped pocket. If you are a guy you could probably find some kind of closed bottom larger cel phone pouch or something. There are some lanyards around too but I am not into wearing my ecig that way. They are very handy for bikers.

CBB

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Pennsylvania
If you are turning the atomizer back more than a full turn and it is still firing you are tightening it way too tight. Once the atomizer stops spinning freely it should only take a quarter turn to snug it up enough to work. If you tighten it down too much you will push the center post of the battery down and possibly damage the battery, or at least cause your shorter posted atomizers to not reach far enough to hit the battery post. The one you are using now may have a very long center post causing it to sit very high when making contact, try another atomizer and only use that one when you aren't pocketing your PV.

TwilightMagester

Jun 9, 2011
Los Angeles
@dormouse: Yes it's a slim 510.
@CBB: I tried that too, and I can loosen it to where it "jiggles" and the atomizer still fires, I tried this with both of the atomizers and both batteries, same effect.

I'm thinking I can jury rig a little case that slips over the battery or mouthpiece, that will prevent it from activating. If all goes well, you all might see a case pop up somewhere on the site :) (I'm not sure if the mod section is right, since it's just a case)... hmm perhaps something like a cyclone tube might work? Or another disposable cigar case.

Edit: Might look into those cartomizers you were talking about dormouse. Do they work/refill the same way as the regular cartridges?

Last edited:

Stevew443

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2010
Shenandoah Junction, WV
www.bnyeshiva.com
My eGos came in a little carry pouch which I use all the time to transport them. The manual e-cig that is in use is almost never in my pocket because it will be in use so no need to pocket it, although I do make sure that all of my shirts have pockets, and if I need to stash it quickly, I will drop it into my shirt pocket, and it is not a tight fit in there, so the button will not get pressed.

Rwilliams112

Jun 7, 2011
Indiana
I used to have a ego style 510 pv and I had a hell of a time trying to find a way to carry it without it going off in my pocket. I have actually melted a carto pretty good just from being inside my front inside coat pocket. I finally got too frustrated with it and switched to an Alpha UltraMax, there's no way for it to go off in my pocket and it's built like a tank. When I'm out and about I throw it in my back pocket and I don't worry about it, if I sit on it it doesn't feel awesome ;) but I'm not going to break it or have it go off in my pocket!

Animeguy

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2011
Virginia
When I used to use my inferno I use the button protector and stuck the pv in my pocket. And also got in habbit of holding chest when I bend down to get something cuz I hate it when it falls on the ground. Now I use box mod and it has a on off switch so I don,t have to worry bout it firing up. Only problem with that is that sometimes I take a hit and realize that I didn't switch it on first. lol

NoMoreMondays

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
Indiana
I still do have a couple of 510's that are quite useful for stealth vaping. I stole the clips of a few cheap click-pencils and attach them to mega Ce2's, screw the mega 510 on ... et voila, clips to anything - clothing, clipboards, lanyard .... Works fine with the standard cartos and short batteries (but you'll have to slide the clip over the carto AFTER attaching the battery otherwise you'll fuzz with the button!).

510clip1.jpg

510clip2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread