Huge Price Difference, I'm Confused... *Grr*

Status
Not open for further replies.

State Of Zen

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Colorado
I was looking at the innokin iTaste SVD to order. When I googled it to find the price, on fast tech it was $37.21, on myvaporstore dot com, it was listed for $99.95. This blew my mind! Any ideas why there would be that much difference? Here are the two links:

Innokin iTaste SVD

$37.21 INNOKIN iTaste SVD Telescoping Variable Voltage E-Cigarette Mod / Battery Compartment at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Granted, there are a few more things included with the more expensive one, but are those few things really worth the extra $63.00? :confused:

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
MyVapeStore is probably selling it for at least the MSRP.. if they are an authorized distributor... (they give a 30 day warranty)

fasttech doesn't follow the same rules, they get it.. sell for a good price.. (FT only covers the same thing for 6 Months...)

MVS probably is covering the cost to get it to you in about 5 days.. where FT is gonna get it to you in about 14 days or less......

EmeraldLeo1982

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
Yeah they ship from Guangdong, China. Free shipping though so can't complain too much personally. It's a fully legit product, they just get friends, relatives, shell companies, etc to buy it at cost from Innokin, then sell it for what they think it's worth and still make a profit.

Oh and my woman says to tell Stone Cold hi....lol

Crazyinariz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
Tempe, AZ
Fasttech is from china. I've ordered from them several times and have been quite pleased with their pricing. As was said before, the only downside I've encountered with them is the wait. I think my average time from ordered to delivered to Arizona is 14 days but even then, usually my order spends a week sitting in the San Francisco post office.

State Of Zen

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Colorado
Fasttech is from china. I've ordered from them several times and have been quite pleased with their pricing. As was said before, the only downside I've encountered with them is the wait. I think my average time from ordered to delivered to Arizona is 14 days but even then, usually my order spends a week sitting in the San Francisco post office.

Ah, customs is always a major delay. Thanks.

Dregnar

Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Fasttech is fine for ordering mods (granted the downside is the wait time for shipping from China). But, do not order batteries from them. I don't know if it was the shipping or just poor quality battery (even though it was branded as a Panasonic), but on one of the batteries the button top was crooked and the other one was dented. So yeah, mods are OK, but never buying batteries from there again.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Fasttech is fine for ordering mods (granted the downside is the wait time for shipping from China). But, do not order batteries from them. I don't know if it was the shipping or just poor quality battery (even though it was branded as a Panasonic), but on one of the batteries the button top was crooked and the other one was dented. So yeah, mods are OK, but never buying batteries from there again.

Amen. FastTech batteries are junk. Buy and use at your own risk.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Must be the luck of the draw . I've gotten great results on batteries from fastech and total garbage from a local vendor . In some ways fastech might be easier to deal with I had to threaten to stop payment on my card to get results with a local vendor .

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
I have had batteries from fastech for over 10 months now and they all work just fine...as does every product I have ever bought from them...and their warranty is the best around....they get a bad rep cuz ppl think paying more MUST be better..not true, especially since most all Ecig hardware is made in China anyways..and, I have bought batteries and other hardware from local BM shops for triple the price of fasttech, and they didn't last a week...U never know what U are getting from anyplace on any given day...just like cars, never buy one made on a Monday or a Friday, check the VIN....well same with Ecig hardware, ya just never know..but my experiences with fasttech have always been good so far...except for their no name juices..

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
What many folks don't understand is what it takes for a vendor to get a product into the country.

First, there's usually a minimum order. Sometimes it's not a lot (10 items) sometimes it's more (50 items or more). Then there's shipping. That adds to the cost. Then there's duty and taxes for importing into the country. That also adds to the cost.

While there are some vendors that really jack up the prices, the biggest reason you see that huge disparity between Fast Tech and your local vendor is the additional costs that vendor incurs in bringing the product into the country.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I got the SVD from FastTech.
To California in 7 days flat (your mileage may vary).
It's a real, perfect Innokin SVD.
Innokin actually got mad at FastTech for selling under their set prices - but they still do it.
FastTech WILL sell clones, copies, and some crappy knockoffs - but they don't say it's a brand name if it's a fake.

I put together my own "kit" on FastTech - adding batteries and a charger.
Again - they have no-name batteries, but they also have the ones I got, which are some of the best.

SVD
Panasonic 18650PD

I was looking at the Innokin iTaste SVD to order. When I googled it to find the price, on Fast Tech it was $37.21, on myvaporstore dot com, it was listed for $99.95. This blew my mind! Any ideas why there would be that much difference? Here are the two links:

Innokin iTaste SVD

$37.21 INNOKIN iTaste SVD Telescoping Variable Voltage E-Cigarette Mod / Battery Compartment at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Granted, there are a few more things included with the more expensive one, but are those few things really worth the extra $63.00? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread