I need new hardware, please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBDU

Nov 20, 2012
United States
I did a post earlier but after doing a bit of research I can be more specific in what I want. I am looking for a tank system (I hope I'm using that right, I just mean something that holds a decent amount of liquid) that is power hit friendly and can be hit back to back without many issues. All suggestions welcome.

I am also trying to decide between a bottom feeder or a lavatube/provari style bottom. Again, it needs to be able to handle large hits and multiple hits back to back.

Lastly, throat hit is incredibly important to me. To be honest, the best throat hit I ever had so far was from Eon Smoke cartomizers and mini batteries. I am looking for something a bit more "pro" though :) Also I am trying to get rid of that polyfill flavor.

Currently I have used a Volcano Inferno with a Tube tank and an eGo-T upgrade with what the seller called vision tanks. Neither quite gave me what I wanted. I have decided to go with BWB juices for my next order and I need new equipment to go with it as I'm unhappy with my eGo (it may be a knockoff I'm not sure)

Vapourize

Nov 21, 2012
Australia
If you think vaping is for you spend the money on something easy and reliable. You can take all the steps in between and spend a fortune on rubbish or spend a month or twos smoking money for something that will last a long time and do what you want.
Watch some reviews from Scott Bonner, Grimm Green, P. Bursado etc (there are many great reviewers). You get to see them in action and what is worth your cash.
Can't go wrong with a Provari. You do get what you pay for.
Your juice and Nic level play a bigger part in throat hit.
Hope that helps.

Santini

Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
Have you tried a Vivi Nova tank? They are easy to use and do pretty well. If you have tried that and do not like that try a boge carto and a tank. A tank I use and recommend is a J-Tank from Electronicstix. As for throat hit your nicotine level will help that such as higher nic more throat hit also the higher pg% you get the more throat hit you will get. If your new in the vaping world and a 3.7 volt plain device doesn't do it for you the next cheapest option is a Vision Spinner 1300mAh battery it is a copy of the ego c-twist just i like the voltage adjustment on there better because I can read it. LOL! I hope my information helps you some. Best luck to you and happy vaping.

Zack nash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
United States
If you think vaping is for you spend the money on something easy and reliable. You can take all the steps in between and spend a fortune on rubbish or spend a month or twos smoking money for something that will last a long time and do what you want.
Watch some reviews from Scott Bonner, Grimm Green, P. Bursado etc (there are many great reviewers). You get to see them in action and what is worth your cash.
Can't go wrong with a Provari. You do get what you pay for.
Your juice and Nic level play a bigger part in throat hit.
Hope that helps.

This is really great advice and I second everything he said.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
REO grande + HH .357

-or-

VV big battery tube mod + genesis.

I like carto tanks too, but for maximum th the way to go is with one of these two, I do feel however that you may have some bad cartos,try out some ikenvape cartos to see before you drop a ton of cash on a new delivery system.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
Penolope's, and similar rebuildables are for experienced vapers, not a noob. If you want to learn rebuilding, get a bottom of the line RBA, and learn how to do it, THEN go for a GG, or something high quality (and cost).

Go to Mountian Oak Vapors and look at the MOV V3 Genesis Style atomizer. They cost $20, and are stainless, which won't harm the tank in case you like citrus, or other juices that crack some plastic tanks. When you've learned rebuilding, go for the top, if that fits your bill.

If you want a clearomizer, I suggest a Vision Vivi Nova, or a Splitfire. If you want a cartomizer tank system, go for a Phiniac. I decided on Phiniac after seeing Pbusardo's video on them.

You need to learn OHM's and voltage settings. Both influence throat hit, as well as the level of nicotine.

Really cant agree more with Zack Nash. I did it the other way round, spent many Euro on all kind of crap and finally ended up with two Provari mini and two Kayfun mini. Now I am trying to get my hands on some Golden Greek equiment (esp. Penelope Atty) but this is not that easy.....

Hope this helps

Last edited:

TheBDU

Nov 20, 2012
United States
Fantastic community thanks guys. No KerryK. It is 1100 mah and it has 2 voltage settings. It is the width of a normal eGo, but it says eGo-T upgrade on the shaft. It has a passthrough as well. I looked on Joyetech's website, however I couldnt find the model I have (with 2 voltage settings) so I'm thinking it could be a FAKE!!

The genesis style tank looks really interesting. Does it wick fast enough for people who like to take back to back draws though?

I agree. Reviews are the only way to go. Just looking for a few more suggestions before I even start reviewing. I'd rather review items that alraedy have a following rather than review every product on the market :)

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
Back to back hits depends on a few things, including the amount of VG (vegetable glycerin) in the juice, voltage setting, what OHM head, and wicking system. I would say no more than 3 hits in succession, then wait at least a minute before vaping again.

One note here. I strongly suggest getting a multimeter to check out a rebuild before sticking it on your device. I can give a few suggestions, but right now, I have to leave the house for a while.

Fantastic community thanks guys. No KerryK. It is 1100 mah and it has 2 voltage settings. It is the width of a normal eGo, but it says eGo-T upgrade on the shaft. It has a passthrough as well. I looked on Joyetech's website, however I couldnt find the model I have (with 2 voltage settings) so I'm thinking it could be a FAKE!!

The genesis style tank looks really interesting. Does it wick fast enough for people who like to take back to back draws though?

I agree. Reviews are the only way to go. Just looking for a few more suggestions before I even start reviewing. I'd rather review items that alraedy have a following rather than review every product on the market :)

Vapourize

Nov 21, 2012
Australia
It sounds like it is getting pretty complicated for a noob.
Carto tanks and a variable voltage device is a good choice. An ego twist is great but your TH and flavour wll diminish as the battery loses charge. Spend a little more for something with voltage regulation (zmax, Provari, etc.) and the voltage is maintained giving a consistent throughout battery life if you can afford it.
All the ecigs work and personal preference is so varied your just going to have to try a few.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
It sounds like it is getting pretty complicated for a noob.
Carto tanks and a variable voltage device is a good choice. An ego twist is great but your TH and flavour wll diminish as the battery loses charge. Spend a little more for something with voltage regulation (zmax, Provari, etc.) and the voltage is maintained giving a consistent throughout battery life if you can afford it.
All the ecigs work and personal preference is so varied your just going to have to try a few.

twists have voltage regulation, they just don't do it as well as a big battery mod that is monitoring your battery power to keep it at a level that will be able to provide that kind of consistancy.

@theBDU - you are very welcome, i've been using that to describe things instead of listing every method of juice delivery there is, the community seems to accept it with open arms.

TheBDU

Nov 20, 2012
United States
Thank you all for the info. Apparently, cartos arent as bad as i thought, i must have had a bad brand. From what I gather here, carto style tanks will allow more back to back hits than a wick system. Did I come to the right conclusion? I'm also interested in bottom feeders if anybody has any info on those. I'm going to make a large purchase on "cyber monday" and watch those reviews tonight. Again, thank you so much everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread