Status
Not open for further replies.

REET_AZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2011
Arizona
I still have 5 boxes of top coils too - and would love to know what I can use and/or add to stop the leakers. If someone has some spare time and wants to share a drawing - that would be fabulous. I could provide my own o-ring if I knew what to buy or what I was trying to achieve. Thank you for helping if you can!

sirpops

Jan 10, 2011
Ashland, OH
I still have 5 boxes of top coils too - and would love to know what I can use and/or add to stop the leakers. If someone has some spare time and wants to share a drawing - that would be fabulous. I could provide my own o-ring if I knew what to buy or what I was trying to achieve. Thank you for helping if you can!

bump for help

sirpops

Jan 10, 2011
Ashland, OH
bascically the old middle ring from a flux except their white now

Thanks. I'm trying one now. So far so good. Lets hpe it works for more than one refill. It seems that every TC that I've tried has had over or under wicking problems. Its a shame because the flavor and vapor are great when they are working right. I guess as long as you are going to depend on wicking you are going to have this flaw.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Thanks. I'm trying one now. So far so good. Lets hpe it works for more than one refill. It seems that every TC that I've tried has had over or under wicking problems. Its a shame because the flavor and vapor are great when they are working right. I guess as long as you are going to depend on wicking you are going to have this flaw.

Up until the most recent version of the Fluxos, there was always a "donut" ring that sat on top of the cup seal. Being the pack rat that I am, I always strip out the reusable parts, whenever I toss a carto. I have a drawer full of various parts.
The idea is to take up the space between the top of the cup seal and the underside of the drip tip, in order to eliminate the gurgling in the Phoenix top coils. The old neoprene rings do the trick. The ones with the tapered center hole, inserted with the taper toward the mouth end, work best. If one ring doesn't completely take up the space, use two.

sirpops

Jan 10, 2011
Ashland, OH
Up until the most recent version of the Fluxos, there was always a "donut" ring that sat on top of the cup seal. Being the pack rat that I am, I always strip out the reusable parts, whenever I toss a carto. I have a drawer full of various parts.
The idea is to take up the space between the top of the cup seal and the underside of the drip tip, in order to eliminate the gurgling in the Phoenix top coils. The old neoprene rings do the trick. The ones with the tapered center hole, inserted with the taper toward the mouth end, work best. If one ring doesn't completely take up the space, use two.

I have been using the center ring from an old fluxo all mornig with good results....no gurgling. I received this pack just last week and was about to junk them. That's how bad the gurgling was. I am very disappointed in GV that they would send me product that has a high chance of wicking probblems without furnishing the o-rings or middle seal that was talked about earlier.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I have been using the center ring from an old fluxo all mornig with good results....no gurgling. I received this pack just last week and was about to junk them. That's how bad the gurgling was. I am very disappointed in GV that they would send me product that has a high chance of wicking probblems without furnishing the o-rings or middle seal that was talked about earlier.

The test versions had the middle rings. For whatever reason, they weren't included in the first release for general sale. The first ones I got didn't have the rings either, but fortunately, I had a bunch of them. If you order them now, the rings are included, as I understand it. But they are not installed. They are in the package.

ThaHealer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Gone AWOL
Using the middle ring on this completely changed my impression of them. No gurgling and no leaking. A solid vape. I found that I could pitch the original seal with the two holes and use just one o-ring. Juice gathers between that and the tip, but still doesn't gurgle. I'm wondering if the original seal with the two holes doesn't create a vacuum in the juice chamber, which allows the overwicking. A little disappointing these were released without a key piece that the manufacturer even recommended for them, but an easy fix if you have spare parts around.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Using the middle ring on this completely changed my impression of them. No gurgling and no leaking. A solid vape. I found that I could pitch the original seal with the two holes and use just one o-ring. Juice gathers between that and the tip, but still doesn't gurgle. I'm wondering if the original seal with the two holes doesn't create a vacuum in the juice chamber, which allows the overwicking. A little disappointing these were released without a key piece that the manufacturer even recommended for them, but an easy fix if you have spare parts around.

I use the original seal, then put a donut ring on top of it. They work great this way. No gurgles, no leaks. I still prefer Fluxos and Phoenix BCs, because they're easier to take apart to clean.

ThaHealer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Gone AWOL
I use the original seal, then put a donut ring on top of it. They work great this way. No gurgles, no leaks. I still prefer Fluxos and Phoenix BCs, because they're easier to take apart to clean.

I used both at first but figured if I was going to have to take out the donut anyway I might as well get rid of the inner seal so I could fill without a syringe. That said, I prefer the BCs also. I have yet to find a clearo with more balanced and consistent performance, plus I have one left from my last box that has been going strong for at least a month with regular cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread