The NEW GotVapes PHOENiX™ 1.25ml Bottom Coil eGo Tank 2.4-2.6ohm & 2.6-2.8ohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

whynes

Verified Member
Aug 1, 2012
California, USA
This would be the adapter, but as Rdsok stated, if it's an eGo battery you shouldn't need it, so don't know what kind of battery you have.:confused:

eGo Extender 510 - Outside Threaded for eGo Cone [gotvapes-EGO510extender-adapter] - $3.99 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

To be honest, it's a little off-putting to keep having to repeat that I do
have eGo batteries. They came in a box with the eGo logo, and the
manual states the model number is F4306.

If these cartos are designed to work with eGo batteries, then they should work
with eGo batteries. If "posts getting pushed down" are a "feature" of eGo
batteries, then cartos designed specifically for this battery should be designed
accordingly.

Thanks for the link to the adapter, but if, as you say, the cartos should work
with no need of an adapter, then I guess I'd rather wait for specific advice
from the vendor.

If they have nothing more to say than what I've heard so far here, then I
think I will have to return these and leave them to the hobbyist who'd rather
tinker than vape :(

whynes

Verified Member
Aug 1, 2012
California, USA
You wouldn't be reconstructing anything and exaggeration won't help you either...

I'm not sure what so called household items are recommended by others if anything... but they only need raised a smidgen at most to make a connection. I'd use a dental pick or pair of small needlenose pliers. Multimeter's are common tools and can be had for cheap at many places...

I'm not exaggerating at all.

My battery seems pretty solidly constructed. I do have needle-nose pliers, but those didn't seem to
move the battery posts; they just clicked-off when I tried to pull it out. The cartos still don't work.

Multimeters might be common for you, they aren't for me. When I buy something I would expect the
vendor to use the multimeters to make sure the product they are sending works as advertised.
Why do you assume I should have one?

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
To be honest, it's a little off-putting to keep having to repeat that I do
have eGo batteries. They came in a box with the eGo logo, and the
manual states the model number is F4306.

If these cartos are designed to work with eGo batteries, then they should work
with eGo batteries. If "posts getting pushed down" are a "feature" of eGo
batteries, then cartos designed specifically for this battery should be designed
accordingly.

Thanks for the link to the adapter, but if, as you say, the cartos should work
with no need of an adapter, then I guess I'd rather wait for specific advice
from the vendor.

If they have nothing more to say than what I've heard so far here, then I
think I will have to return these and leave them to the hobbyist who'd rather
tinker than vape :(

I'm sorry you felt offended by my post. I'm a little slow at typing and you had reaffirmed you had an eGo while I was trying to respond. :)
I simply go around the post in my batteries with one side of a pair of tweezers, gently lifting as I go. Often a post can be pushed down simply by slightly over tightening whatever carto has been used on it.

whynes

Verified Member
Aug 1, 2012
California, USA
I'm sorry you felt offended by my post. I'm a little slow at typing and you had reaffirmed you had an eGo while I was trying to respond. :)
I simply go around the post in my batteries with one side of a pair of tweezers, gently lifting as I go. Often a post can be pushed down simply by slightly over tightening whatever carto has been used on it.

No, I apologize for sounding a little snappy.

Yours was the 3rd post using the phrase, "if you have an eGo," and I guess
I was getting a bit tired of wasting space responding to that over and over again.

No offense taken, and your reply was appreciated.

whynes

Verified Member
Aug 1, 2012
California, USA
If you want to just guess at why something works... don't get a multimeter ... If you want to work smart and have a way to verify why an issue exists... do. It is your choice

I've tried the needle-nose pliers, and I've tried a steel dental pick.

I was able to wobble the battery post from side-to-side, but I was
unable to raise it.

Even if a multimeter shows a functional atomizer, it still does me no
good because it doesn't work with my eGo battery. So it's a dud in
effect, if not in fact (electrically speaking).

And again, frankly, as a customer I wasn't intending to "work smart," or
work at all, for that matter. Working smart is what I expect of the guy
who I gave my money to.

I appreciate your suggestions. I've tried what I can do with what I
have, and neither worked for me. I do hope your suggestions work
for anyone else reading this having similar issues. It just didn't work
for me.

Last edited:

Robby

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Hamlin, PA
happens to me constantly with 2 of my egos..the 2 others I have never do it...takes 5 seconds with a paperclip to fix it now that Ive done it a few times...bend a paperclip out so u have a posted part to put in the battery connection and leave some of the paperclip curled up so you have something to hold onto ...the paperclip fits perfectly in the connection on the side of the post..jab it in there into that rubber grommet and tweak that post up at a couple positions around the post and it should fire fine for you. I couldn't do it with the needlenose pliers I have either, but the paperclip did the trick.
I've tried the needle-nose pliers, and I've tried a steel dental pick.

I was able to wobble the battery post from side-to-side, but I was
unable to raise it.

Even if a multimeter shows a functional atomizer, it still does me no
good because it doesn't work with my eGo battery. So it's a dud in
effect, if not in fact (electrically speaking).

And again, frankly, as a customer I wasn't intending to "work smart," or
work at all, for that matter. That's what I expect the guy who I gave
my money to, to do.

I appreciate your suggestions. I've tried what I can do with what I
have, and neither worked for me. I do hope your suggestions work
for anyone else reading this having similar issues. It just didn't work
for me.

Last edited:

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
happens to me constantly with 2 of my egos..the 2 others I have never do it...takes 5 seconds with a paperclip to fix it now that Ive done it a few times...bend a paperclip out so u have a posted part to put in the battery connection and leave some of the paperclip curled up so you have something to hold onto ...the paperclip fits perfectly in the connection on the side of the post..jab it in there into that rubber grommet and tweak that post up at a couple positions around the post and it should fire fine for you. I couldn't do it with the needlenose pliers I have either, but the paperclip did the trick.

When I was or do use an ego, a paper clip or one of those black head pimple extractor tools is what I use as well. It's also why I find I find I prefer using the ego adaptor anyway. No moveable post, it just works.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Well, since I am merely an ex-smoker, not an electrician, I'm a little short on multimeters at the moment.

Um, any advice on how to raise the battery post using regular household utensils laying around in anyone's home?

Frankly, I just expected these to work. I wasn't really planning on learning how
to reconstruct my battery or buying any more gadgets in order to make them
work :(
Whynes, I have the same issues at times with different batteries. Particularly with the 3ml and 2ml Phoenix's. Some work some don't. I think they made the large threaded portion too long. You can try grabbing the center stud of the cart itself. Gently wiggle and lift that post just a tad. And try on your battery again. Be extremely careful you can pull that post out totally and you do not want to do that.
Another option would be to file down the large diameter base of the cart trying to get it to screw down a tad more before it bottoms out.
And the last option would be ...
eGo Extender 510 - Outside Threaded for eGo Cone [gotvapes-EGO510extender-adapter] - $3.99 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more
I alway keep a couple of these on hand and they usually get me out of any jams. They have always worked for me because their is no shoulder for the carto to bottom out on. That shoulder on the ego batteries is where the real problem lies. Some batts will work, others will not. But even the ones that don't will work with the adpter.

Last edited:

Robby

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Hamlin, PA
When I was or do use an ego, a paper clip or one of those black head pimple extractor tools is what I use as well. It's also why I find I find I prefer using the ego adaptor anyway. No moveable post, it just works.

absolutely glad I picked up an adapter awhile back...comes in handy quite a bit

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
absolutely glad I picked up an adapter awhile back...comes in handy quite a bit

My mods just live with an adaptor on them now. I'm aware that there are some concerns with using adaptors but it seems to be less stressing on everything (like the threads, and if there is leaking, and center post contact) overall.

whynes

Verified Member
Aug 1, 2012
California, USA
Whynes, I have the same issues at times with different batteries. Particularly with the 3ml and 2ml Phoenix's. Some work some don't. I think they made the large threaded portion too long. You can try grabbing the center stud of the cart itself. Gently wiggle and lift that post just a tad. And try on your battery again. Be extremely careful you can pull that post out totally and you do not want to do that.
Another option would be to file down the large diameter base of the cart trying to get it to screw down a tad more before it bottoms out.
And the last option would be ...
I alway keep a couple of these on hand and they usually get me out of any jams. They have always worked for me because their is no shoulder for the carto to bottom out on. That shoulder on the ego batteries is where the real problem lies. Some batts will work, others will not. But even the ones that don't will work with the adpter.

Thanks Wally0, and to all others' speedy replies to my original post.

The many voices of experience from your various perspectives provides
enough of an insight for me to "risk" another 4 bucks for an adapter to
see if I can make these cartos work.

As burns_erin (and others) points out, there are pretty good arguments for
getting an extender regardless of whether it provides the needed component
for these 2ml cartos, or not.

I will, of course, order a couple more 1.5 Pheonix cartos with my extender
because I know those work :)

Thanks again!

Last edited:

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
They are so short. Sure don't look like they will hold 2ml, but I'll take your word for it.
Now if you can just get some of those mini ego batteries up that would be a perfect match.:)

full 2ml

Got my 2ml's today. I am extremely disappointed in these. These hold less juice than the XL's. Certainly not what I was wanting. Barely squeezed in one ml and that was without any air left in the cart. Why the hell did they bother to make a version that actually holds less than the XL??????? This is why I particularly asked if these hold 2 ml before I bought them.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
I let myself cool off before bringing this up again but even after a good nights sleep and a laid back day it is still eating
away at me.

You guys (Danno & Chris) strive to be a cut above the rest and in most ways you are. But if you really want to put GV apart from the rest let's cut the manufacturers bull.... claims. Not one item holds what they claim, and I am always reminding folks of this. Most hold around 75 to 85% of their claimed capacity. But this advertised 2ml Phoenix really pushed me off deep end. I figured it would at least hold 1.5ml going by the customary crappy standards. But What the hell ... 50% of the advertised capacity! One ml. That's outlandish and what made it even worse is that you (Bad) posted it held a full 2ml.

You guys really need to post the actual working capacity of these items. If it means filling one yourselves with a marked syringe to get the actual hold of them then so be it. That's the capacity you should show on the site. I really feel I threw my money away buying four of these. I sure as hell would not buy anything intentionally that would only hold one ml unless that was what I was looking for. I already have shorties ... I do not need more. I love humor as much as the next person but these probably should not be in your "tank" section.

This is not meant in any way to be a bash. Just a wake up call back to reality for you guys as well as every other vendor and manufacturer out there. I for one am tired of the capacity bullcrap we are constantly dealt.

Last edited:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Hi wally when I went to fill these I thought I was filling 2ml so this was on oversight on my part, they do advertise them as 2ml. I'll speak to them about it....I am getting about 1.25ml or so when I fill but of course they had 2ml down on the boxes and everything they sent us...

I let myself cool off before bringing this up again but even after a good nights sleep and a laid back day it is still eating
away at me.

You guys (Danno & Chris) strive to be a cut above the rest and in most ways you are. But if you really want to put GV apart from the rest let's cut the manufacturers bull.... claims. Not one item holds what they claim, and I am always reminding folks of this. Most hold around 75 to 85% of their claimed capacity. But this advertised 2ml Phoenix really pushed me off deep end. I figured it would at least hold 1.5ml going by the customary crappy standards. But What the hell ... 50% of the advertised capacity! One ml. That's outlandish and what made it even worse is that you (Bad) posted it held a full 2ml.

You guys really need to post the actual working capacity of these items. If it means filling one yourselves with a marked syringe to get the actual hold of them then so be it. That's the capacity you should show on the site. I really feel I threw my money away buying four of these. I sure as hell would not buy anything intentionally that would only hold one ml unless that was what I was looking for. I already have shorties ... I do not need more. I love humor as much as the next person but these probably should not be in your "tank" section.

This is not meant in any way to be a bash. Just a wake up call back to reality for you guys as well as every other vendor and manufacturer out there. I for one am tired of the capacity bullcrap we are constantly dealt.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Hi wally when I went to fill these I thought I was filling 2ml so this was on oversight on my part, they do advertise them as 2ml. I'll speak to them about it....I am getting about 1.25ml or so when I fill but of course they had 2ml down on the boxes and everything they sent us...

I can't quite get that in but I'm not going to quibble over 1/4 ml or less. I appreciate you being more realistic with these and changing the product descriptions. I know the manufacturers are at the heart of this issue and they need to step up as well and realize that their customers are not idiots. If Chris would have responded "the manufacturer claims a full 2ml" instead of "full 2ml" I would have taken this a little better. I have grown to trust GV more than any other vendor so don't perpetuate the manufacturers misrepresentations.
10 months ago when I first started vaping I would not have thought twice about this. That's kinda the point. You have to make the manufacturer's realize that their customers are growing more knowledgeable by the day. They need to quit treating everyone as a newbie and start earning some trust and respect or their sales will eventually suffer from their actions. This is not China and we will not keep our mouths shut or keep smiling when we continually get screwed.

Let me give this an analog comparison most all of us can relate to. You are still smoking. You walk into a store and pick up a pack. On the walk home you opened the pack and see there are only 12 not twenty cigarettes in there. Even though the pack says twenty.

Will you????
A-keep walking with that smile on your face
B-recommend that store and brand to others
C-go back and give em hell

Feel free to use this little quiz on your suppliers.

Anyway thanks for stepping up and showing again that we are one of your prime interests. :thumbs:

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
Hey wally, aside from the disappointing volume, how are these vape wise, fill wise, and build wise? I've been looking because the phoenix xl's are ultimately too long and thin for my personal preferences, if I'm going for something that thin, ultimately I prefer a nano because the height and circumference are more pleasingly balanced. Otherwise I've preferred the stardusts, mini nova,vision minis, and oddly enough v1 of that c8. They just aren't as overbalanced by my pvs. Although I do make it work by running an ego adapter on my mods so that I can use the cones anyway. Oh, also, what is the actual capacity of the 3ml version? I've bern looking for a pen casio thing for a friend, he sites the pen cap covers. Anyway now I'm in a rambling haze.

So whats the skinny mini?

Last edited:

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
My jury is still deliberating but there is something different about these that aren't to my liking. I have used two of the four so far. One 2.4 and one 2.6. I keep getting intermittent hints of a dry hit and the flavor is not what I expected. I can not explain it. Maybe not dry hits but something weird. Took them apart and there is no visual difference between these heads and the 3ml heads. I took one of these heads and put it in a 3ml tube and it is better for me but it's still not there. Took one apart and put in a cotton yarn wick with the 1.25 body and it's much better. In fact it's pretty darn good. Maybe they changed wick material, although visually it looks identical to the older wicks. Maybe it's all me.
I have mentioned numerous times that I am not a top coil guy due to throat issues. As short as the 1.25ml tubes are it's getting close to being a top coil even though it's on the bottom. I do like a warm vape but there is a very fine line between warm and too hot for me.
I still want to run a couple tanks through because it usually takes some coil seasoning for the flavors to peak for me. I should have juiced them up and did a few hot hot wet burns before putting them back together. I'll try that on number three later today.
The most pleasing flavor loaded vape I have going right now is one of my tweaked Ravens. The GV Butterscotch is amazing through that. I'm on my sixth tank today and it's still great. It's so good my opinions of everything else is suffering from it. Maybe that's why my thoughts on the 1.25 are a bit skewed. I'm hoping it keeps going a while but it probably won't without a head change or cleaning and may never be the same after that.
Back to your original inquiry. They are not bad but they also are not great FOR ME at the moment.
Here's hoping they don't do any major de-provements (is that even close to a word?) on the upcoming XL's.

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Wally while i do not have this but i feel your frustration.
I used to buy everything that hit the market in the last year or so. Nowadays the manufactures are coming up with something new all the time and most times its very similar to whats already out there , that pace has picked up really fast as vaping has become more popular.
Trouble is with that comes much needed quality control but the bottom line for the manufacture is the money , something does not work and or the manuf order slows up they come up with something similar and say all new improved and so on and so forth and some are but many not just look around.
Sooner or later people that have been vaping a while catch on.

Sure complaining to the company oversea's helps to an extent but i think in the backroom there counting there money and laughing as well.
Just an opinion .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread