Joye 510 vapor tastes like metal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashswiftly

Apr 18, 2010
Indiana
Sounds like your either vaping dry or more probable is that your cart isn't wicking properly so the atomizer does not remain wet. this could either be due to bad wicking or over vaping and the wick can't keep up. I use prefilled carts in my 510 and some carts just dont wick as well as others. Suggest you direct drip 2 drops fluid on atty and vape. see if the metal taste remains. betting u get good vape for 3 or so drags then burnt taste returns. I also have a blu and the only way I can vape the prefilled carts on it is to take agout 5 puffs then set it down for a minute to let it wick.
Hope this helps, really new to vaping to but this has been my experience.

KuiHiggins

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Honolulu, HI
I second cleaning your atty. It sounds like you're tasting some bad nichrome and an isopropyl soak should take care of that metallic taste.

Edit: Like below person mentioned, a dry burn could aid in removing that burnt taste as well. I had a couple of my blucig atty's taste pretty burnt after I left a friend borrow my kit for a few weeks. I soaked them in isopro and then did a quick dry burn and they were like new again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread