Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
Well I think have lost the love for my billet box. I thought i would never ever get rid of this thing and i may not as I absolutely love the form factor, quality and performance but I think I have grown tired of cartos. I may want to use a carto from them to time but I would like something I can use with other juice delivery systems. been thinking of the opus d maybe but just not sure i want to unload the cash or have the cash to unload for it, or love it enough to unload the cash for it :) . I will be pulling the trigger on the new innokin VTR when it comes out as I absolutely love my MVP. maybe that is my answer but just not sure, wish I knew an ETA on them.

Any other thoughts on box mods out there. I don't care for bottom feeders so they would be out. I also have one of the touchwood clones and have found myself really loving it so VV is not a MUST!

Last edited:

thejager

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
the VTR definitely seems the new guy in the field....i believe there is some fancy mod called the Square by someone in Europe...

one option would be the Sidewinder Carto Tank, by Zen.
ElectronicStix.Com · Zenesis Sidewinder CT - Black

They are out of stock...but you could just get the Sidewinder 510, then buy the Carto tank which will screw right into the Zen.
Expensive, but i do know you can put a Kick in the Sidewinder (you may need a special screw..i dont know anymore)

Other than that..i dont know.... Opus D is fancy and good, but ya still gotta throw an atty on it

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
If you want something that is really boring but will never let you down take a look at the VariCool VV boxes as SmokTek.com A plain, boring box - no display even. But with a high efficiency regulator (No heat & long battery run times.) that can actually be run up to 6 volts without shutting down. I've had one of them for 18+ months and it just keeps plugging along. It's still my go-to device for out and about because of the low key design and size combined with great performance.

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
the VTR definitely seems the new guy in the field....i believe there is some fancy mod called the Square by someone in Europe...

one option would be the Sidewinder Carto Tank, by Zen.
ElectronicStix.Com · Zenesis Sidewinder CT - Black

They are out of stock...but you could just get the Sidewinder 510, then buy the Carto tank which will screw right into the Zen.
Expensive, but i do know you can put a Kick in the Sidewinder (you may need a special screw..i dont know anymore)

Other than that..i dont know.... Opus D is fancy and good, but ya still gotta throw an atty on it

Why do you have to use an atty on it? I have seen them with other juice delivery systems being used. :)

If you want something that is really boring but will never let you down take a look at the VariCool VV boxes as SmokTek.com A plain, boring box - no display even. But with a high efficiency regulator (No heat & long battery run times.) that can actually be run up to 6 volts without shutting down. I've had one of them for 18+ months and it just keeps plugging along. It's still my go-to device for out and about because of the low key design and size combined with great performance.

Thanks for the info

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
Thanks I also saw the duggout mods.

Gotta look into the DNA 20 a little more. I though i was understanding it but now I think I am confused :). I typically vape at about 8-9 watts but that is with 2.4 ohms or 4.5 volts I am wondering if I use lower resistance like 1.8 if it will not work as well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread