Status
Not open for further replies.

Rsunset327

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Montana
I never hear anyone talk about this model but it's amazing to me. I go through about 5 attys every 6 months but send them to njoy since I bought my starter kit there, and they send me brand new ones.

Anyway, this thing is light. I comfortably hold it between my teeth with an empty cart and direct drip as needed.

It blows massive amounts of smoke with a fresh charge battery or the passthrough I usually use.

I NEVER see these mentioned anywhere in the forums but here. Am I missing out on something better? Is there a better vapor producer that I should try?

sheep

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver, BC
I just got a knockoff RN4081 and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. Great flavour, clouds of vapour. And it might be just me but it seems to respond well to more of a cigarette style draw than a PV style draw. It gives me that deep intake into the lungs hit that my 510 and others don't. Don't know if I'll use it regularly but I'm glad I got it.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
I never hear anyone talk about this model but it's amazing to me. I go through about 5 attys every 6 months but send them to NJOY since I bought my starter kit there, and they send me brand new ones.

Anyway, this thing is light. I comfortably hold it between my teeth with an empty cart and direct drip as needed.

It blows massive amounts of smoke with a fresh charge battery or the passthrough I usually use.

I NEVER see these mentioned anywhere in the forums but here. Am I missing out on something better? Is there a better vapor producer that I should try?

I just ordered the RN4081 for the 1st time. i just ordered an atty cause i heard so much good about them. well they were right. i really love these and they are fantastic. definetely better than the 510 oh yes.
so you said when your 4081 attys go bad you send them back and they send you new ones? or thats only if you buy the whole complate kit and the 1 year guaranty?
anybody know if these can go on mods and be vaped at 3.7v or 6 volts or both? i heard they can handle anything. iu tell you some of these oldies are great. i just found that the 306 is a great atty as well. the atty is exposed so you can dip. loads of vapor and TH. where have all these been hiding all this time.
i also heard there are 2 versions of the 4081. the new one has 1 hole serial # on post and wide bridge. the other has 2 holes no serial # and thinner bridge.
i got the wide bridge and its great.

Tachion

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Northeast
I got duped into buying a RN4081 from a mall kiosk.

The thing is ok, but the carts are ridiculously small, the batteries are automatic, and the batteries have a 5-second cutoff.

All of those combined make me prefer my 510 much more.

I can't even drip with it, as I already killed a battery from juice getting into it.

The nice thing is it has a year warranty, so I can get everything replaced for free when it breaks. Which I plan on taking -extensive- advantage of.

I will give it this, though: it's small, light, easy to hold in your mouth, and it looks like a real cig, so far fewer people give me strange looks with it. :p

bobnot_

Moved On
Mar 3, 2010
I just ordered the RN4081 for the 1st time. i just ordered an atty cause i heard so much good about them. well they were right. i really love these and they are fantastic. definetely better than the 510 oh yes.
so you said when your 4081 attys go bad you send them back and they send you new ones? or thats only if you buy the whole complate kit and the 1 year guaranty?
anybody know if these can go on mods and be vaped at 3.7v or 6 volts or both? i heard they can handle anything. iu tell you some of these oldies are great. i just found that the 306 is a great atty as well. the atty is exposed so you can dip. loads of vapor and TH. where have all these been hiding all this time.
i also heard there are 2 versions of the 4081. the new one has 1 hole serial # on post and wide bridge. the other has 2 holes no serial # and thinner bridge.
i got the wide bridge and its great.
the RN4081 is the best atomiser on the market easily they last a hell of a long time they kick out vapour like hell and they are as tough as old boots yet thanks to smoking everywhere they have ended up as vapings best secret i started with the super mini cig type and it enabled me to stop smoking instantly but you soon tire of buying batterys as performance soon starts to fall off i now use a screwdriver 901 with an RN4081 adapter and it works great that is 3.7v and i also use an RN4081 passthrough which is 5v and its brilliant absolute plooms of vapour and throat hit is great.
The attys are so tough i clean them by putting it in the passthrough and holding the button down so it glows red and keep it pressed for 20 seconds to burn off any gunk ive never killed one yet.

as for the carts yes they are too small and i stopped using them within a few days and just direct drip 3 drops straight into the atomiser works great :)
if the carts are an issue though you can get double sized carts for them too.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
what great replys about this powerfull atty. i tell ya i have been around since sept 09. start ed coming on the forums on oct 09. tried everything out there from attys to cartomisers and know all the new Low resistance attys and the new cartomizers. these 4081 atty are in the top 3. they even are i think equal to the Low resistance 510 attys at 3.7volts. amazing. what is the best and cheapest you folks get them for? just remember there are 2 different 4081 attys
there are the older ones that have 2 holes no serial number on the post and a thin wick.
Then there are the newer ones that have 1 hole a serial number on the metal post and a wider wick. these are suppossed to be better i heard so i made sure i got these ( 1 hole one) so make sure. this is what i heard so dont know if the older ones work good either. but before i bought them i asked the supplier which ones they sold. anyway where do you guys get them.

JaYBoNeS

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah as mentioned above, the biggest drawback to the RN4081 is the auto batt. The cutoff is awful, just as you are getting a good drag, it cuts off. But I can tell by the times mine was hitting good, that a manual battery would surely make this a better device. The problem for me being the lack of places to find good parts for this model. I've been spoilt by the availability of the 510, and now will not ever go back to the small cart and bad draw of the RN4081. Sure, if it had been marketed better and maybe adapted to what the consumer wanted from it, it would be a different story.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Yeah as mentioned above, the biggest drawback to the RN4081 is the auto batt. The cutoff is awful, just as you are getting a good drag, it cuts off. But I can tell by the times mine was hitting good, that a manual battery would surely make this a better device. The problem for me being the lack of places to find good parts for this model. I've been spoilt by the availability of the 510, and now will not ever go back to the small cart and bad draw of the RN4081. Sure, if it had been marketed better and maybe adapted to what the consumer wanted from it, it would be a different story.

why dont you do what i did. get a KR808 battery and then get an adapter so the atty can screw onto a KR808 battery. thats all you need. the adapter you need is kr808D to 4081... also which RN4081 do you have as there are 2 different ones.
one has 1 hole serial number on metal post and a wide wick. These are the superior ones and work great. imo
then there are the 2 hole no serial number on the metal post and thinner wick.. these are the older ones. i have never used the older ones so i can only talk about the newer ones.
Happy vaping

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
I got my last 4081 back from my Dad 3 weeks ago and haven't used anything else since. I don't bother with the auto batts. It's on a nicostick and works great. Just have to carry a paperclip again.
The 401 is my second favorite, but again the small cart being difficult to refill is it's biggest drawback.

sanjosse

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
I started on a RN4081, then to a 510 w/mega battery, then to a MrPuffer MP1 w/510 atomizer. Of all three, my MP1 is my favorite due to a couple of reasons:
1. no need to carry extra juice, due to the onboard juice supply
2. It uses a 14500 3.6V battery. It's good for a good 8-10 hours of consistent use.

But if I have to do something that requires both hands, I'll use the RN4081. Which is nice, cause it reminds me how good the atomizers really are. Good TH, good vap, descent flavor.

Long Live the RN4081!

I was thinking about getting an adapter so I could use it with my 510 mega batts and MP1. Does anybody know offhand where I can order one from?

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
I started on a RN4081, then to a 510 w/mega battery, then to a MrPuffer MP1 w/510 atomizer. Of all three, my MP1 is my favorite due to a couple of reasons:
1. no need to carry extra juice, due to the onboard juice supply
2. It uses a 14500 3.6V battery. It's good for a good 8-10 hours of consistent use.

But if I have to do something that requires both hands, I'll use the RN4081. Which is nice, cause it reminds me how good the atomizers really are. Good TH, good vap, descent flavor.

Long Live the RN4081!

I was thinking about getting an adapter so I could use it with my 510 mega batts and MP1. Does anybody know offhand where I can order one from?

here ya go
Adapters

hey where do you get the mr puffer from and how much for the MP1. just 1 model or a few of them? thanks

Rsunset327

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2009
Montana
Yeah, using the RN4081 with the filler and cart just doesn't do it for me. I use a passthrough from AZsmokefree (They last forever before the solder dies). I've been using this current atty for months (no cleaning). I find if I clean them, they don't work as well haha. I blow them out and use different attys for different types of flavor though.

You NEED a passthrough, I'm convinced of that.

bobnot_

Moved On
Mar 3, 2010
a screwdriver with an RN4081 atty is a killer combo i love it :D

ive used both the old style 2 hole and the new style 1 hole RN4081 attys with the serial number and the difference is pretty small not a great difference but the new style seems slightly better i think it justs restricts the airflow a little and maybe slightly increases the amount of vapour and makes the vapour warmer giving more throat hit.

i sometimes buy from heavens gifts
they are $5.50 usd each last time i bought from there they were the old style though.and they are china based though so order in advance of needing them.

totally wicked sell the new style at £20 gbp for 5

ACM

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
It's so interesting to me just how darn inconsistent e-cigs are from person to person. This thread has comments praising the RN4081 attys and condemning the auto batteries, but my experience is exactly the opposite. I bought mine in the fall, and I find my auto batteries to be great. They last me a decent amount of time (hour or two), recharge quickly in the charging pack I bought, and have given me no trouble. But the atomizers suck. They're great when new, but I have yet to get an atty that will last more than 2 weeks. I get clouds of vapor and a solid throat hit for about 2 weeks, then the vapor drops off to wisps, and I have to pull like I'm sucking a bowling ball through a straw to even get that much.

I get my attys from Aquavaporcigs.com. Maybe someone knows of a place that sells more reliable atomizers for this brand of e-cig? I'd love to find some, because at this point, I don't feel like gambling on a new model.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
It's so interesting to me just how darn inconsistent e-cigs are from person to person. This thread has comments praising the RN4081 attys and condemning the auto batteries, but my experience is exactly the opposite. I bought mine in the fall, and I find my auto batteries to be great. They last me a decent amount of time (hour or two), recharge quickly in the charging pack I bought, and have given me no trouble. But the atomizers suck. They're great when new, but I have yet to get an atty that will last more than 2 weeks. I get clouds of vapor and a solid throat hit for about 2 weeks, then the vapor drops off to wisps, and I have to pull like I'm sucking a bowling ball through a straw to even get that much.

I get my attys from Aquavaporcigs.com. Maybe someone knows of a place that sells more reliable atomizers for this brand of e-cig? I'd love to find some, because at this point, I don't feel like gambling on a new model.

ACM which 4081 attys do you have the old ones or the new ones? the old ones have 2 hole3s no serial # on the metal post and a thin wick the new ones have 1 hole serial# on the metal post and a thicker wick. I was told the newer ones are great. thats what i have been using and ive only been using it 5 weeks now but using the same atty (just bought 1) and loads of vapor and TH. i am not uysing a 4081 battery. what i do is i use a KR808d battery and i get a adapter (kr808d to rn4081) and use that. works great so far. i also use some of my mods at 3.7volts and again loads of vapor and TH. for now anyway. i usually just drip on the atty. i drip 5 drops first then take a few hits then i add another 5 drops. i do this very slowly so it soaks it up. i am good for aboit 10 good hard hits. man this atty is amazing i tell ya. ive used them all. hope this helps. I get my 4081 at vapor kings.com. i tried to get them from liberty-flights.com but there was a big mix up and screw them they gave up helping me out so screw them. i did have questions and abe the owner of the UK store was very very nice and he tolld me the california store has them but when i called the store they told me they dont carry them. so iu gave up after awhile.
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread