Status
Not open for further replies.

robblundberg

Moved On
Oct 12, 2011
Moline,IL
http://www.change.org/petitions/e-cigarette-to-be-banned

T
his may be posted somewhere else, i'm not sure but either way, just like the CASAA thread this is SUPER EASY to do and it takes less than 5 minutes. All you have to do is sign it.

Please help out guys. The more of these things we can get signed the easier it's gonna be to keep our PV's around. Be proactive guys!

robblundberg

Moved On
Oct 12, 2011
Moline,IL
It's a petition to the FDA-

Many people use the e cigarette to quit smoking or as healthier alternative to cigarettes. The FDA wants to ban this useful product because think that there "might" be some "TRACE chemicals" that "could be" harmful, but they have yet to prove their theory. These chemicals they believe to be harmful are currently found in FDA approved products such as nicotine gum and patches. Why should the FDA make people suffer who are trying to better their lives by getting healthier? If you believe that banning a product designed to help people get healthy is wrong, sign this petition. Smoker or not, please sign if you believe we shouldn't condem people who are attempting to better their lives for no logical reason.

That's the gist of it, as far as i know it has nothing to do with the recent threats by the FDA about banning internet sales or flavorings. However, the more organizations that contact the FDA letting them know we're serious the better. Change.org has overcome several obstacles and could be a good jumping point for vapers. :)

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio

T
his may be posted somewhere else, i'm not sure but either way, just like the CASAA thread this is SUPER EASY to do and it takes less than 5 minutes. All you have to do is sign it.

Please help out guys. The more of these things we can get signed the easier it's gonna be to keep our PV's around. Be proactive guys!

Why don't all you folks who wasted time signing this pointless petition spend
A LOT MORE TIME READING THIS PART OF THE FORUM:

Legislation News
Particularly this thread:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-products-eliminate-many-most-companies.html

The FDA isn't going to pay any attention to a silly internet petition.
If you are serious about continuing to vape write your congressmen.

Sorry to be so cranky about this but an online petition is just for unsophisticated
teeny-boppers.

Last edited:

robblundberg

Moved On
Oct 12, 2011
Moline,IL
Why don't all you folks who wasted time signing this pointless petition spend
A LOT MORE TIME READING THIS PART OF THE FORUM:

Legislation News
Particularly this thread:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...e-products-eliminate-many-most-companies.html

The FDA isn't going to pay any attention to a silly internet petition.
If you are serious about continuing to vape write your congressmen.

Sorry to be so cranky about this but an online petition is just for unsophisticated
teeny-boppers.

wow, way to be a . internet petitions are not a waste of time. but thank you for destroying my thread which was only here in an effort to help out a community that is facing a struggle. you know how many people are gonna sign it now? 0

thanks for being the bad apple ........

Last edited by a moderator:

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio

T

wow, way to be a . internet petitions are not a waste of time. but thank you for destroying my thread which was only here in an effort to help out a community that is facing a struggle. you know how many people are gonna sign it now? 0

thanks for being the bad apple ........

Like I said,
If you are serious about keeping ecigs write your congress person You could get every citizen of the U.S. to "sign" your petition and it wouldn't amount to a hill of beans.
It's going to take a whole lot more than internet petitions to protect your right to vape from BP.
Can you name a single thing that's every been changed by an online petition?

Last edited by a moderator:

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...and a bah humbug to you too CB...not only did I sign it BUT, I do read those pages, I am a member of CASAA and have used their resource pages to educate administrators in charge of such things and have written all the members of my congressional delegation...don't be such a negative nelly...you can get your point across without putting someone else down for at least making an attempt.......
madjack:2cool:

Last edited:

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio
...no doubt, a double douche...not only did I sign it BUT, I do read those pages, I am a member of CASAA and have used their resource pages to educate administrators in charge of such things and have written all the members of my congressional delegation...don't be such a negative nelly...you can get your point across without putting someone else down for at least making an attempt.......
madjack:2cool:

There, ya see!
Folks are still signing your petition.
JOIN CASA. WRITE CONGRESS.
I plan to join CASA with my XMAS money.

robblundberg

Moved On
Oct 12, 2011
Moline,IL
Like I said,
If you are serious about keeping ecigs write your congress person You could get every citizen of the U.S. to "sign" your petition and it wouldn't amount to a hill of beans.
It's going to take a whole lot more than internet petitions to protect your right to vape from BP.
Can you name a single thing that's every been changed by an online petition?

that's all fine and dandy, but why couldn't you have just started another thread saying "hey write your congressman" or even just said that in here? why did you have to come in telling people they were wasting their time? why not pm me about this? did you really have to come in here and as i said basically destroy the thread?

maybe you don't agree with how i'm asking people to go about this, and ya know what that's fine. but we are capable of signing more than one thing......and then writing a letter as well..think before you act friend.

robblundberg

Moved On
Oct 12, 2011
Moline,IL
signed and bump

I believe in working multiple avenues to gain acceptance for our chosen harm reduction...

thank you for signing guys! I do believe that we should also take a look at the Legislation News forum and find out what else we can do as a community as cookiebun pointed out. However i don't want to see this petition get lost by the wayside. This petition has been on change.org for like 2 weeks, and it's gotten more signatures in half a day than it has in those 2 weeks. So, in my opinion this is a good thing. Lets keep it rolling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread