Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherokee1979

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Hello.

I figured I'd start a short separate thread on this. I'm about to place my anniversary sale order, and will be ordering one 50ml bottle each of the Virus and Wakonda, both in 12 nic (I only vape approx. 1.5 mls/day, and use a system that doesn't produce massive clouds - a Halo Triton).

For my "bonus" bottle, I am trying to decide between a second bottle of the Virus, which I love, and Radioactive, which I've never tried. I think that I am leaning towards the Virus, as I like more of a straight light tobacco taste, which is slightly sweet and smooth, and not a cigar/pipe tobacco taste. Based upon this, does H1N1 seem to you all as a better choice?

After browsing the below thread, I saw the following:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nicoticket/549944-radioactive-vs-h1n1.html

C:\Users\jgreene\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.png
Originally Posted by Kevin33
I guess I'm the oddball out. I get more tobacco upfront with Radioactive, or more of a cigar/pipe like thing. It's pretty good, but not near as smooth as H1N1 for me.

My bottles(s) of H1N1 are 2 months old, and the last week or two I am getting a lot more smooth tobacco on the exhale. Really amazing stuff.

To which Clark replied:

That is a key differentiator - I get more "pipe/cigar" out of Radioactive - H1N1 tastes more like an analog.

AND:

LOL - you know me, I am just stuck on H1N1. I vape Radioactive and I get an "eh, it's alright." It's probably #4 or #5 on my personal list of tobaccos. I still have 100ml from the last batch that I may bust out as soon as I have 100ml to replace it. I need to hit those older bottles before I even pass judgement on it personally... this is only the second run. Just my honest 2c - but I didn't expect there to be a second run. I was surprised there was such a deafening clamor to bring it back, honestly. I don't get what all the fuss is about, but hey, that's why they say taste is subjective. LOL More H1N1 for me.
C:\Users\jgreene\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image005.gif

Thank you all again very much for your input! I am really glad to be on this subforum! :D

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
I like them both for different reasons. Virus is sweeter, Radio is "earthier" and drier.
I get an almost coffee flavor from Radio, not quite coffee but a hint of something that reminds me of coffee. When I mix in a drop or two of Doodle, that taste comes to the forefront.
There are times I cannot stand sweet vapes, that is when Radio comes to my rescue. They both give me about the same amount of tobacco flavor, but different flavor of tobacco.

remmy00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Southern California
Sounds like you have already made the call based on what you said you prefer.

The freebie would be a 50ml bottle... so that is quite a bit to not be your "favorite". I personally prefer H1N1 over Radio, BUT there are times that I really enjoy Radioactive... AND mixing a bit of Radio with some CLS or CB really brings it up in my rotation.

THat all being said... would lean towards advising you to get the h1n1... but if you have some cls or cb laying around, you can get the radioactive and if it isnt to your liking, you can mix it up and surely be able to really enjoy it.

Kevin33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2014
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Awesome, my post!

I've really only taken 20 vapes off of Radioactive, I've gotten a few gift bottles for large orders that I've PIF'd to new vapors. It does seem to have an apple smoke bbq taste for me. For some reason it reminds me of grilling. I'm gonna go check again to make sure.

One things for sure, the tobacco is still fairly faint, it's nothing like the extreme pipe tobacco fake smoke flavored stuff from other vendors. A lot of people really, really love it, so you never know. I would maybe buy a separate 15ml and get some free Wakonda or F5. Going to check out Radioactive again.

Kevin33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2014
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Back from testing!

So, first few hits, a fair amount of pipe tobacco, and then after that the vanilla becomes more noticeable. My bottle is 4 months old. I get the reference above about coffee, even though there is not coffee flavor. I might try mixing it with something to make it sweeter.

It is by no means overpowering at all for me, it's not a strong disgusting flavor like other vendors I have tried, some of those make me feel queasy. It is definitely vapable, maybe tastes like an really mild Black and Mild for me.

Cherokee1979

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Thank you all very much for your replies. It seems that I will likely be going with the Virus. That juice just seems to be beloved by most, and I already know that I really like it. I just hope that I do not get "sick" of 100 ml's of it (as that is a huge amount of juice for me), but I highly doubt it. I just hope that the 50 ml's of Wakonda that I'll be ordering is also very good.

Cherokee1979

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Back from testing!

So, first few hits, a fair amount of pipe tobacco, and then after that the vanilla becomes more noticeable. My bottle is 4 months old. I get the reference above about coffee, even though there is not coffee flavor. I might try mixing it with something to make it sweeter.

It is by no means overpowering at all for me, it's not a strong disgusting flavor like other vendors I have tried, some of those make me feel queasy. It is definitely vapable, maybe tastes like an really mild Black and Mild for me.

Thanks for your quick "test drive" for me, Kevin33! :D I really prefer sweeter myself, and am not a huge fan of vapes approaching anything like pipe tobacco, so it seems that, as someone else had said, the Virus is a no-brainer. I appreciate your advice!

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas
It's opposite for me lol. The virus reminds me more of a heavier tobacco flavors. I would think if it as "rich" for sure. Radioactive reminds me of the virus but definitely lighter. I like the virus, but I LOVE radioactive. the virus isn't an all dap vape for me - whereas I have radio in my reo grand filled to the brim. It's all about personal preference. You might order a small bottle of radio and at least try it out. Who knows, you might love it. Before finding either, I was a bobas bounty freak. And since then I only order radio. I've ordered the virus one time but have ordered 4 big radios since then. I've never smoked a pipe so I can't compare and I can't stand how cigars smell, but I can't see any comparison with pipe smoking and radio.

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
I've really only taken 20 vapes off of Radioactive, I've gotten a few gift bottles for large orders that I've PIF'd to new vapors. It does seem to have an apple smoke bbq taste for me.

Apple smoked that is a good description. I have had tobacco fresh dried from the tobacco barn, chewed on a bit of leaf. H1N1 tastes so close to it and it does have an apple wood smoked flavor to it.

remmy00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Southern California
Thank you all very much for your replies. It seems that I will likely be going with the Virus. That juice just seems to be beloved by most, and I already know that I really like it. I just hope that I do not get "sick" of 100 ml's of it (as that is a huge amount of juice for me), but I highly doubt it. I just hope that the 50 ml's of Wakonda that I'll be ordering is also very good.

Well jsut to be charitable... if you do get sick of the H1N1 or Wakonda, I will more than happily let you mail them to me... pm me for my address if needed ... :rickroll::rickroll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread