Status
Not open for further replies.

mistike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Hi NT fans,

I'm still searching for a really good, ADV-type, tobacco juice. I've read so much about NT that I want to try their H1N1, and Radioactive sounds pretty good too.

However, I've also read that most of their juices are very sweet. I don't like sweet. My European taste buds have yet to catch up with American ones :)

Almost every "bakery" type juice I've tried so far have been WAY too sweet for me, a lot of "fruit" type juices are, too - and don't get me started on so-called "coffees". But these two are tobaccos... so how sweet are they ? I'm kind of weary of buying 15ml bottles only to find that I can't vape them without a sugar overload...

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
Radioactive is a lot less sweet than H1N1. I find Radioactive very slightly sweet like a biscuit (of the non-American variety), but not as sweet as a real piece of fruit. Not knowing what European country you originate from, it is rather difficult to compare. Real foods carrots and corn are sweet to me, and I avoid them for that reason, if that helps.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Welcome to the NT forum mistike!~

I have to be honest - even in our admittedly skewed American perception of sweetness (which, is biased toward understating the actual level) - ALL my liquid, without exception, is comparatively sweet.

On a scale of 1-10...

H1N1 is about a 6-7?

Radioactive is about a 5-6?

Curious what other people say because taste is subjective, but based on what you have described as your personal preference - I wouldn't go for bottles larger than 15ml.

emily n portland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
portland, OR, USA
Hi mistike,

Tough to quantify, but I'd definitely push the spread out farther

I'll give H1n1 an 8 and Radio a 5

There's definitely a sweetness to Radio...but there's some earthiness (or something, i find it impossible to describe) that cancels it out for me. I vape Radio when I'm tired of sweet things.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Hi mistike,

There's definitely a sweetness to Radio...but there's some earthiness (or something, i find it impossible to describe) that cancels it out for me. I vape Radio when I'm tired of sweet things.

I almost gave H1N1 an 8, and when you get to that maple syrup phase it might even be a 9 - but when the TA takes over the NET it's less sweet. Changes so much, hard to nail down. LOL

How's Portland?

mistike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Radioactive is a lot less sweet than H1N1. I find Radioactive very slightly sweet like a biscuit (of the non-American variety), but not as sweet as a real piece of fruit. Not knowing what European country you originate from, it is rather difficult to compare. Real foods carrots and corn are sweet to me, and I avoid them for that reason, if that helps.

France. I love carrots, like corn, dislike sweet corn.

Welcome to the NT forum mistike!~

I have to be honest - even in our admittedly skewed American perception of sweetness (which, is biased toward understating the actual level) - ALL my liquid, without exception, is comparatively sweet.

On a scale of 1-10...

H1N1 is about a 6-7?

Radioactive is about a 5-6?

Curious what other people say because taste is subjective, but based on what you have described as your personal preference - I wouldn't go for bottles larger than 15ml.

Thanks for your honesty ! Very much appreciated.

Hi mistike,

Thank you.

So I've done it anyway and ordered a 15ml bottle of each. They're cheap enough that I won't feel bad if I don't like them, and I will probably be able to find someone to give them to if so. Wouldn't want to pass on a possibly very good juice to save $25 given what I've spent on bad ones so far !

I have high hopes for Radioactive, given the description and some reviews I've read.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
So I've done it anyway and ordered a 15ml bottle of each. They're cheap enough that I won't feel bad if I don't like them, and I will probably be able to find someone to give them to if so. Wouldn't want to pass on a possibly very good juice to save $25 given what I've spent on bad ones so far !

I have high hopes for Radioactive, given the description and some reviews I've read.

Radio is a better bet based on your description of your personal taste, definitely less sweet. I think The Virus will surprise you though. If it presents as too sweet, pick something else up for a few minutes and then revisit it... it'll grow on you like a fungus - someday you'll curse me for ever making it. LMAO

Thank you kindly for the order my friend - and thank you kindly to Em and Pen for kicking in 2 well placed cents - great feedback suggestions.

5spike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
WI
For me H1N1-6
Radio-4
Betel-10
But that's today. H1N1 fluctuates +1-1 Depending upon the moons phase, usually +1 with a new moon and -1 with a full moon.
moon_phases_diagram.jpg

emily n portland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
portland, OR, USA
I almost gave H1N1 an 8, and when you get to that maple syrup phase it might even be a 9 - but when the TA takes over the NET it's less sweet. Changes so much, hard to nail down. LOL

How's Portland?

Portland's fantastic, we're in our couple of months of gorgeous perfect weather.....One more week of school, then a week off work and school!!
I might actually get to enjoy some of it!

emily n portland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2013
portland, OR, USA

I hope you enjoy them, let us know!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Portland's fantastic, we're in our couple of months of gorgeous perfect weather.....One more week of school, then a week off work and school!!
I might actually get to enjoy some of it!

I hope you get that weather - no such respite here in Omaha - went from snow to heat wave in a blink - barely any Spring. <3 You deserve a break!~

lavender1742

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Chesterfield,VA,USA
Radio is a better bet based on your description of your personal taste, definitely less sweet. I think The Virus will surprise you though. If it presents as too sweet, pick something else up for a few minutes and then revisit it... it'll grow on you like a fungus - someday you'll curse me for ever making it. LMAO

Thank you kindly for the order my friend - and thank you kindly to Em and Pen for kicking in 2 well placed cents - great feedback suggestions.

Radioactive is quite sweet at first pump the bottle a few times get some air in there, give it a good shake and toss it in a drawer for 48 hours and most of that sweetness diminishes and it becomes a wonderful rich vanilla tobacco. I vaped my 15ml bottle in a week and I have over 100 flavors to choose from so its not like I was short on vapes! I just reordered 30mls of Radioactive and picked up 30mls of the virus too. First impression on the virius is it needs to steep. Radioactive got less sweet the longer it sat and got more great the longer it sat too. I have a few other regulars to pick up that are low and planning to grab a 50ml of Radio before it goes away. Note to self---find out how limited 12mg supply is! If you don't like yours I will gladly trade it out!

CorallineAlgae

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Washington, LA
Hi NT fans,

I'm still searching for a really good, ADV-type, tobacco juice. I've read so much about NT that I want to try their H1N1, and Radioactive sounds pretty good too.

However, I've also read that most of their juices are very sweet. I don't like sweet. My European taste buds have yet to catch up with American ones :)

Almost every "bakery" type juice I've tried so far have been WAY too sweet for me, a lot of "fruit" type juices are, too - and don't get me started on so-called "coffees". But these two are tobaccos... so how sweet are they ? I'm kind of weary of buying 15ml bottles only to find that I can't vape them without a sugar overload...

I'm in the same boat as you. I love to vape tobacco flavors but most eliquids are much too sweet. Nicoticket has a lot of flavors that are overly sweet but they're still amazing even if you don't like sweet flavors. Radioactive is definitely the one to get. It still may be a bit much for you but the sweetness level changes as it ages. It may not be perfect but none of the less sweet tobacco flavors I've tried from other vendors had nearly as fine a flavor. Some of us are trying to convince Kent to release a truly dry tobacco. I honestly can't see not enjoying Radioactive and I love H1N1 as well. To be honest, if you find these two to be good I'd recommend trying Custard's Last Stand as well. It seems like after it ages it get's less sweet also. Please let us know what you think of them after they arrive.

Radioactive is quite sweet at first pump the bottle a few times get some air in there, give it a good shake and toss it in a drawer for 48 hours and most of that sweetness diminishes and it becomes a wonderful rich vanilla tobacco. I vaped my 15ml bottle in a week and I have over 100 flavors to choose from so its not like I was short on vapes! I just reordered 30mls of Radioactive and picked up 30mls of the virus too. First impression of the virus is it needs to steep. Radioactive got less sweet the longer it sat and got more great the longer it sat too.

I found that Radioactive, when it was first released wasn't a sweet flavor. Going through the whole process (over 100ml so far) it did get quite a bit sweeter after a few weeks, then, just like you said it started to get less sweet again. I do wish it was a touch less sweet, but that said, it's still my favorite eliquid so far. Soooo much mojo.

Last edited:

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Wow, that is just so shocking to me that The Virus would be regarded as having any sweetness to it... just goes to show that taste really is subjective. I never would have never detected any sweetness in it at all... I must have blinders in my taste buds! Or very Americanized tasters or something, LMAO!

Proves taste is subjective - it's sweet for me, sometimes?

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I'm in the same boat as you. I love to vape tobacco flavors but most eliquids are much too sweet. Nicoticket has a lot of flavors that are overly sweet but they're still amazing even if you don't like sweet flavors. Radioactive is definitely the one to get. It still may be a bit much for you but the sweetness level changes as it ages. It may not be perfect but none of the less sweet tobacco flavors I've tried from other vendors had nearly as fine a flavor. Some of us are trying to convince Kent to release a truly dry tobacco. I honestly can't see not enjoying Radioactive and I love H1N1 as well. To be honest, if you find these two to be good I'd recommend trying Custard's Last Stand as well. It seems like after it ages it get's less sweet also. Please let us know what you think of them after they arrive.

I found that Radioactive, when it was first released wasn't a sweet flavor. Going through the whole process (over 100ml so far) it did get quite a bit sweeter after a few weeks, then, just like you said it started to get less sweet again. I do wish it was a touch less sweet, but that said, it's still my favorite eliquid so far. Soooo much mojo.

CA's descriptions are much better than mine - and on point - true to his experience (and others) I am sure. I think the key point is, without exception, all the liquid evolves. Each and every bottle is "alive" - if it hits for you, don't sit on it - enjoy it. If it misses at a particular point in time, don't force it, just set it down for an hour, an afternoon, etc... and revisit it later. It'll inevitably change.

embee214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
hv ny
I always think I need to warn those that are new to The Virus that if you don't like it first, put it away for a few weeks, then try it again. If you still don't like it, wait a few more weeks. It took me almost 2 months to get into it, now I have to have it every day. And like others have said, sometimes it seems very sweet, and sometimes not. It is quite strange how it seems to change so much, but it does, and I love it!!! Radio is also one of my favorites, and definitely less sweet. Just a subtle sweetness to it for me.

catmomma

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
DC Metro Area
There's also the flavor factor. I can see how one would say that Radio is sweeter than Virus, but to me the spicer notes in the Radio make it seem sweeter to me than Virus. I find Virus a cleaner flavor despite all the twists and turns. Radio is more dense, and intense, while Virus is dryer and crisper to me. Taste is such a funny thing. I'm fascinated with the whole taste issue in vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread