Provari V2 or Itaste MVP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empress Dragonfly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
U.S
I currently have a couple of Provari and Mech Mods that my brother is eyeing, only because they are bigger, lol. He is wanting to graduate from the Evod and liked my setup of the kayfun and Galileo. He wants to try to build coils. But doesn't want to spend a whole lot of money. Wondering if it would be better for me to give him my provari or just buy him a cheap used mod to practice on. Perhaps a used kayfun lite+ would be super. Could the provari handle it? How much would a used Mech Mod cost? I see a lot of people using the MVP, Would that be better than Provari v2?

Lurch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2014
Central Florida
It really depends on what you want. I went through the steps that probably most here went through; started with Egos, moved to a mod with VV and VW, better tanks, etc.

A bought a mod (that I will not name as it is not my intention to bash). It worked like a champ for the first couple of weeks then started giving me problems. Can't sent it anywhere to be fixed and the B&M only gives a 30 day warranty (which is more than a lot do). Fixed that initial problem, but within another month same problem reoccurred. Finally decided I was not going to "keep going cheap" and that I was worth an investment in a better device. I got a ProVari blem (that I have never found the blem on). Works like a dream. Shortly after that I picked up a Russian (clone). Now I am in my "happy place" with vaping.

I build my coils for the Russian at about 1.3 - 1.7 Ohms and it works great on the ProVari.

I hope you find something that works for you and your brother.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I couldn't use my Provari with my Kayfun. I wrapped my coil at 1.5 and immediately got a code and it wouldn't fire. That is why I bought a mech mod. I have used my provari for cartos but I have outgrown those. So now, my Provari is useless.

All you had to do on the ProVari is turn down the voltage a bit and they error will go away. My Kayfun coils are between 1.3Ω and 1.5Ω and at 4v I never have an issue.

bobrob

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2012
North Carolina, USA
wiredrake.com
All that being said, I own both provari and MVP (as I'm sure a lot of us do). I find my MVP indispensable while building coils. It is easier to check ohms on than the provari, and the fact that it sits flat while I dry burn or squeeze the coils make it very useful. Given the 5 to 1 cost difference, and the fact that your friend wants to build coils, the MVP might be the right choice.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Could be a number of things, dirty 510 connection or base cap & tube threads, weak bottom cap spring, using wrong battery, bad insulator in the RBA, hot leg, coil or leg touching base when heated, coil spacing or compression, gauge of wire used etc.
Outside chance there is something outa wack with the provari and it could use a visit with Provape.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
All that being said, I own both provari and MVP (as I'm sure a lot of us do). I find my MVP indispensable while building coils. It is easier to check ohms on than the provari, and the fact that it sits flat while I dry burn or squeeze the coils make it very useful. Given the 5 to 1 cost difference, and the fact that your friend wants to build coils, the MVP might be the right choice.

Agree 100% , the MVP is the bomb and a superb mod for learning coil builds , i use it for building and checking coils far more than my DNA clone lol.

When i read a quote from the "ask the veterans" forum which said the below( and many veterans agreed ) , i was sold .

IMHO, the MVP is very close to a ProVari in vape quality.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
I currently have a couple of Provari and Mech Mods that my brother is eyeing, only because they are bigger, lol. He is wanting to graduate from the Evod and liked my setup of the Kayfun and Galileo. He wants to try to build coils. But doesn't want to spend a whole lot of money. Wondering if it would be better for me to give him my provari or just buy him a cheap used mod to practice on. Perhaps a used Kayfun lite+ would be super. Could the provari handle it? How much would a used Mech Mod cost? I see a lot of people using the MVP, Would that be better than Provari v2?
I havnt read the other responses as i want to give a non-influenced answer.
In my opinion the best mod money can buy is a provari. They never break, hold their value, and always work flawlessly.
You want raw power without any safety get a mech. You want high power with safety-dna or sx mod.
The best starter rig for anyone would be an MVP2. Its safe, accurate, long battery life,will take an ego or 510 and has enough power and adjustability to let a new vapor grow accustomed vaping and try various different things.
Ive been lucky enough to build a decent collection of mods: mvp2, provsris,mechs,dna device.
But whenever im asked what to start with i always advise the mvp. From there you can move into whatever you like more; some people stick with them, they deliver an awesome vape

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread