School me

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCH

Aug 27, 2011
Ottawa
Been doing a lot of reading about these ecigs and am very intrigued. I'm currently a 20 cig-a-day smoker and really want to drop it.

I'm all set to order a starter kit, but there's so much variety that I'm kind of overwhelmed and don't want to waste my money.

I'm looking for a "real-looking" e-cig, not a black pen shape or something like that, something with a good throat hit, and something that will last me a 8 hour day at the construction site.

I'm Canadian, if that matters.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

i have heard good stuff about the Volt-
i am sure someone more knowledgeable on the subject can chip in on that model-

edit:
here is a link to their site, and product-
Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Starter Kits

a couple video reviewers i watch that are no nonsense reviewed them and gave props-
i havent tried one, because i am more into the big battery scene.

Fizzgig_fluffypaws

Aug 27, 2011
Houston, TX
I was a pack a day smoker for over 20 years and I stopped using the Blu ecig. While not the best ecig (at all) it did the job and got me off analogs and really, what more can you ask for? But there are limitations to the blu. Since that time I have vaped many many brands and the best advice I can give is this: everyone is different and what works for me may not work for you. ECF is a great source to get opinions. Check out Youtube as well and watch some reviews of what people like. That really helped me in researching which ecigs to purchase.

For me the KR808's are the way to go, I've used 510's and just didn't care for them but they have a huge following so they must be doing something right. I've purchased from Vapor4Life, nHaler, Vaporkings, Bloogplanet and purchased everything from standard KR808's to iGo and echo's. All of the above companies offer discount codes right here on ECF too, which is always helpful.

In the end, it's like everything else. It takes a lot of trial and error but eventually you will find something that works great for you and will be very happy with being smoke free.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Hi JCH I recomend that you make 4 more post here in the new members section ( just bump this one 4 times if you want) so that you can move to the Canada forum since E-ciggerete sales have been banned in Canada you may have some troubles tying to get what you want. At that forum they will be able to better help you. :(

What he said. And Welcome. :)

qwer1234

Apr 10, 2011
Bukit Timah
Hi JCH I recomend that you make 4 more post here in the new members section ( just bump this one 4 times if you want) so that you can move to the Canada forum since E-ciggerete sales have been banned in Canada you may have some troubles tying to get what you want. At that forum they will be able to better help you. :(

Thats right. Go to the canadian folder and get some help!

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
They have a Canadian vendor for the Volt now. If you can't find it pm me and I'll look it up. For an 8 hour construction day you probably should get a kit with two batteries. Mine last 4-6 hours of heavy vaping so you may get by with one while working. They're not only great for starters but a lot of vetrans are switching to them for various reasons.

bestvapor.com

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
BTW You should quit bumping like that - your posts will be deleted by a mod and then you will have none

The absolutely only thing I recommend white with tan filter

Joye 510 MANUAL (and only Joye brand) and use tan Boge cartomizers on it (they prefer thin juices like PG with 20% or less VG). The manual is so you get the fully sealed threaded end so the batteries are safe from being damaged or killed by juice leaks. With manuals you can also use a drip tip on the atomizer to test juices. And manuals make it easier to get a good hit. In addition, manuals will not turn on by accident from wind or vibration.

See NiteLiteVapor.us for tan STANDARD RESISTANCE Boge cartomizers which are around 3 ohms (slim ecigs cannot use the hotter LR 2.0 ohm ones) but I don't know if they shop to Canada or where you can get the tan ones on Canada.

Battery life will be short because it is cigarette length. A bit thicker than a cig because all decent slim ecigs are.

Last edited:

jonny2hottie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2010
Strong Beach, CALI
www.youtube.com
As these guys stated.. nothing in a cig size will last that long. I recomment this:
Volt PROstarter kit
comes with 2 batteries. 1 should last about 4 hours of heavy vaping. it also comes with a portable charging case. so leave one in the charger and use the other. when its out swap them out. and the charging case will now charge the one with low batt life. so you should be good to go for atleast 12 hours.

this is probably the best cig sized e-cig available. its comparible to the other brand "bloog max fusion" but a little cheaper in price.

artyoh

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
I see! Are there any available that have the brown filter-white end look? I don't feel like getting harassed all day about smoking a black pen.

In all likelyhood, no one will care what color it is. The downside to an e-cig that looks more or less just like a real cigarette, is that you're much more likely to be harrassed by folks who think it is a real cigarette. I haven't yet had to use it, but if anyone says it looks like I'm smoking a pen, I'll respond that it cannot possibly look any more stupid and/or foolish than smoking an analog. :2cool:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
....I'm looking for a "real-looking" e-cig, not a black pen shape or something like that, something with a good throat hit, and something that will last me a 8 hour day at the construction site.....

What you are looking for based on this statement does not exist. You would be lucky to get an hour and a half off any model the size of a cigarette. Some would not even get you through an hour. And small battery PV's just don't provide the warmth of vapor that better battery PV's do.

But good luck and welcome, anyway.

Rule of Thumb: the more it looks like the real thing, the worse the performance.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
The problem with something that is small and looks like a cig is battery life. I think you'd have to get the Riva/Ego sized e-cig to get 8 hours of use from it.

Even with eGo/Riva, you basically only get 5 hours on a charge but much better than the ones that look like a cigarette.

But if you decide to look at the eGo types, the best option in this category is the E-Power. The batteries last 5 times longer (lifetime wise) and only cost $4-$5 instead of $20 for the eGo/Riva batteries:

e-Power

artyoh

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
What you are looking for based on this statement does not exist. You would be lucky to get an hour and a half off any model the size of a cigarette. Some would not even get you through an hour. And small battery PV's just don't provide the warmth of vapor that better battery PV's do.

But good luck and welcome, anyway.

Rule of Thumb: the more it looks like the real thing, the worse the performance.

I don't know why people keep saying this, as if it's universally true. It certainly isn't, in my case. I get several hours of battery life, even from my 65mm autos. Though I've been carrying around extras, so far, one has been getting me through the work-day.

I've also been happy with the taste, TH and vapor generation of my mini. While it hasn't been perfectly so, performance has been pretty darned consistent, until it drops off a cliff when the battery dies, or the carto begins to run out of juice.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I don't know why people keep saying this, as if it's universally true. It certainly isn't, in my case. I get several hours of battery life, even from my 65mm autos. Though I've been carrying around extras, so far, one has been getting me through the work-day.

I've also been happy with the taste, TH and vapor generation of my mini. While it hasn't been perfectly so, performance has been pretty darned consistent, until it drops off a cliff when the battery dies, or the carto begins to run out of juice.

They say it because it is almost universally true. For every one person with your experience their are 100 with the exact opposite experience. I've been on this and other vaping sites for over two years and have gone to 3 or 4 vaping gatherings with many vapers. I'm not making this up. Plus it is just the physics of how batteries work. The way you vape must be considerably different than the average person who vapes.

I would also guess you have never vaped on one of the better models such as a good 5 volt or variable volt model. The difference in throat hit, warmth of vapor, consistency and battery life is so significant, it is as if you were not really vaping before. For example, as a heavy vaper (taking an inhale every 5-10 minutes) I get 21 hours of "no drop off in performance" use before needing to recharge on my Darwin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread