School me

Status
Not open for further replies.

artyoh

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
They say it because it is almost universally true. For every one person with your experience their are 100 with the exact opposite experience. I've been on this and other vaping sites for over two years and have gone to 3 or 4 vaping gatherings with many vapers. I'm not making this up. Plus it is just the physics of how batteries work. The way you vape must be considerably different than the average person who vapes.

If the numbers are really that bad, I must be exceptionally lucky.
I don't chain-vape all day long, that's for sure, but I use it on and off throughout the work-day, a bit like the way I smoked.....and I smoked 2PAD. I'm using 16mg. and definitely inhaling vapor more deeply than I did cigarette smoke. Anyway, I've been more than a bit surprised by how many people seem to go through scads of hardware/juice combinations before they find just the right combination.....Perhaps I'm just easy. *shrug*

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
If the numbers are really that bad, I must be exceptionally lucky.
I don't chain-vape all day long, that's for sure, but I use it on and off throughout the work-day, a bit like the way I smoked.....and I smoked 2PAD. I'm using 16mg. and definitely inhaling vapor more deeply than I did cigarette smoke. Anyway, I've been more than a bit surprised by how many people seem to go through scads of hardware/juice combinations before they find just the right combination.....Perhaps I'm just easy. *shrug*

It doesn't appear you have been vaping too long. You may have missed the second part of my post:

"I would also guess you have never vaped on one of the better models such as a good 5 volt or variable volt model. The difference in throat hit, warmth of vapor, consistency and battery life is so significant, it is as if you were not really vaping before. For example, as a heavy vaper (taking an inhale every 5-10 minutes) I get 21 hours of "no drop off in performance" use before needing to recharge on my Darwin."

If you smoked that much I would be surprised if you won't find your mini "wanting" before too long. But if not, you are one of the lucky few who doesn't need the many advantages that the better models provide. If it keeps you off cigs, that's all that's important. But for the vast majority, your experience won't match up with their need.

artyoh

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
I would also guess you have never vaped on one of the better models such as a good 5 volt or variable volt model. The difference in throat hit, warmth of vapor, consistency and battery life is so significant, it is as if you were not really vaping before. For example, as a heavy vaper (taking an inhale every 5-10 minutes) I get 21 hours of "no drop off in performance" use before needing to recharge on my Darwin.
Indeed I haven't. It could be a simple case of not knowing what I'm missing, but what I have seems to be working for me. My priority has been to get off the analogs and I haven't smoked one since I started vaping. If someone asked if I'd recommend the product I purchased to help them get off the cancer sticks, I'd have to say definitely so.

Last edited:

Luvs5rugrats

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
The Lowcountry
My husband also gets almost 8 hours out of a regular sized 510 (back when he was using them.) He would use it on his drive to and from work and then on his breaks at work, as he would if he were smoking. It all comes down to how much you use it. My small 510s last me around 2 hours but they rarely leave my side and I work from home, so...I don't use them much any longer. He also prefers the white ones with the red leds. But he's also not looking to fully quit, just cut down and save money. It's all about what works for you and that's all that matters. :)

PeacefulCloud

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2011
Texas
I have both a Red Dragon and a Green Smoke and I'm happy with both. The Green Smoke longer battery lasts all day and into the early evening for me. I was a heavy smoker and unlike some other people I have really been happy with my eCigs that look like regular cigs. I bought a couple of extra batteries and having a portable charging cas like the one from Red Dragon allows you to charge batteries on the go and lets you carry extra cartridges. I love the charging case. It feels like carrying a box of regular smokes. Electronic Cigarettes Products, Red Dragon Electric Cigarette. Check it out.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Indeed I haven't. It could be a simple case of not knowing what I'm missing, but what I have seems to be working for me. My priority has been to get off the analogs and I haven't smoked one since I started vaping. If someone asked if I'd recommend the product I purchased to help them get off the cancer sticks, I'd have to say definitely so.

Let's us all know if you ever upgrade. It would be good to get your impression of a different model. I've used (not owned) about 15 different models starting with one similar to yours and now found what is my dream PV: the variable volt Darwin. Being able to change the power level to adjust to a different atty or carto or eliquid is very nice.

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I was a pad smoker for 15 years and started with a KR808 on June 3rd and still use it. I think they work great and just gave my brother in law one to start and he seems to veryhappy with it. I personally upgraded to an eGo, and just recently went up to a Maxi Roughstack V2....what a difference.

Yep, more power, warmer vaper, more like the real thing.

artyoh

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
:D:D
Let's us all know if you ever upgrade. It would be good to get your impression of a different model. I've used (not owned) about 15 different models starting with one similar to yours and now found what is my dream PV: the variable volt Darwin. Being able to change the power level to adjust to a different atty or carto or eliquid is very nice.

I will post my impressions if I upgrade. To be honest, I'm not sure I want to go there, because I'm afraid I might like it a little too much. The advantages of vaping over smoking are enormous, but I'm hoping that I won't be vaping forever......could be I'm being unrealistic....still, I think I'd probably have occasional use for a mini, even if I did upgrade. I guess what I'm saying, is that there are a few minis out there that stand above the dreck and they do have their uses.

So now I'm going to have to look for your impressions of the Darwin...:D......just out of curiosity, do you use it everywhere?

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
:D:D

I will post my impressions if I upgrade. To be honest, I'm not sure I want to go there, because I'm afraid I might like it a little too much. The advantages of vaping over smoking are enormous, but I'm hoping that I won't be vaping forever......could be I'm being unrealistic....still, I think I'd probably have occasional use for a mini, even if I did upgrade. I guess what I'm saying, is that there are a few minis out there that stand above the dreck and they do have their uses.

So now I'm going to have to look for your impressions of the Darwin...:D......just out of curiosity, do you use it everywhere?

Yep, everywhere. I firmly believe that the farther we as vapers get away from the "look" of smoking, the more acceptance we will gain from the general public and the better it will be for all of us. The last thing I want is for someone to think I smoke.

Perception is reality and we need to change people's perceptions that vaping is the same as smoking. I have had more positive comments from strangers when they see me with my Darwin and I explain what it has done for me. When I used a mini model, I got many more negative comments that I was still smoking but just in a different way.

artyoh

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
Yep, everywhere. I firmly believe that the farther we as vapers get away from the "look" of smoking, the more acceptance we will gain from the general public and the better it will be for all of us. The last thing I want is for someone to think I smoke.

Perception is reality and we need to change people's perceptions that vaping is the same as smoking. I have had more positive comments from strangers when they see me with my Darwin and I explain what it has done for me. When I used a mini model, I got many more negative comments that I was still smoking but just in a different way.

I looked at some reviews/videos and that thing is very cool. Looks to be built like a tank, and it's fairly compact. Where would anyone have left to go, once they had something so sophisticated and versatile? I'm with you on making clear distinctions between vaping and smoking. The more people understand about the clear differences, the less likely they are to find vaping objectionable.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I looked at some reviews/videos and that thing is very cool. Looks to be built like a tank, and it's fairly compact. Where would anyone have left to go, once they had something so sophisticated and versatile? I'm with you on making clear distinctions between vaping and smoking. The more people understand about the clear differences, the less likely they are to find vaping objectionable.

It fits in your had quite nicely. It is the most technologly advanced PV on the market. The only one that senses the resistence change in the atty/carto as you vape and automatically adjusts the power to the atty to maintain a consistent vaping experience. I use mine with 801 cartos and attys and dual coil cartos and it just consistently provides nice warm vapor every inhale. Plus it doubles as a pass-through so you can vape and charge it at the same time, although due to the 21 hours on a charge, that is rarely needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread