Tearing my hair out with atty and direct dripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
ALWAYS blow the atty out from the threaded end into a napkin until no more liquid comes out

as mentioned, soak in pure grain alcohol, ie everclear. if you dont have any of that vodka is fine. personally i use iso. alcohol. you only have to do this step if your atomizers come with.. primer...ie atomizers NOT from avidvaper/cisco and ikenvape.

once you get there..for 306s specifically. drop 3 drops on there. wait a few seconds to soak. vape. taste nasty/like its burning the atomizer? add 2 more drops, try again. with 306s, LESS IS MORE. resist the urge to put too much liquid in there as they are easy to flood

morgan69

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2011
South Africa
I got some new attys the other day and was having the same problem with the primer fluid.I blow out as much of the primer fluid as i could,alot comes out but you dont get all the liquid out of the wick,what i did was blow them out.Then run them under a very hot tap and blow them out a few times allowed them to dry and they where A OK.All the primer should be gone by that point.As for dripping i was a carto person myself but then decided to make the switch to dripping it really is the best way for me atleast,it does take some time to learn how to do properly,you have to learn how your atty works when its getting dry.Like all things there is a learning curve,but if you stick with it,you will be pro soon

GoneWiththeWind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
USA

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
I rinse new attys in alcohol then dry.
When direct dripping you must keep coil wet or you'll get bad taste.
Kind of a timing thing.

This.

I also use IPA (99%) since PGA isn't available where I live.

I deshield/dewick attys I use for dripping but that's a whole nother thread - then drip one drop (two, tops) dead on the coil, add a drip tip and vape.

Last edited:

RandaPandaBear

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio
About all I do is drip or bottom feed attys. With a new one, I blow it out from the mouthpiece end. Then I add 4 to 6 drops of juice and blow it out again. BTW there's nothing wrong with vaping the primer. It won't hurt the atty. It just tastes weird.

It more than tastes weird it makes me feel like I'm smoking hot acrid painful metal. Barf.

I'll stick to cisco since that's all that seems to work for me

RandaPandaBear

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio
This.

I also use IPA (99%) since PGA isn't available where I live.

I deshield/dewick attys I use for dripping but that's a whole nother thread - then drip one drop (two, tops) dead on the coil, add a drip tip and vape.

Is de wicking/de bridging better? Why do ppl do that?

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us

For what I do it's better but I do a fair bit of DIY juice and really need to be able to test just a drop. Plus, if I only want 8-10 hits of a flavor dripping one drop right on the coil does that for me and leaves me with a reasonably clean atty when I'm done. The down side is it's about impossible to hit the coil dripping through a drip tip, so the tip has to come off so you can hit the coil with the dropper.

Also how do I know If my atty is burnt/useless/fried?

If it's fried it won't fire. If you get a funky taste out of it it's probably just dirty - if it does fire and you don't get any vapor off it it's just dry.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
It more than tastes weird it makes me feel like I'm smoking hot acrid painful metal. Barf.

I'll stick to cisco since that's all that seems to work for me

Ikenvape also uses zero primer on their attys Maintenance and they're a $1 cheaper than Ciscos ;)

Smart vapes is yet another vendor that uses zero primer, and they're even more cheap! SmartVapes Electronic Cigarettes and Ejuice

The bridge is nothing but a tiny metal frame, with a wick inside, wrapped in mesh. Its purpose is to absorb liquid from the foam filler in cartridges, but can still of course remain for direct dripping. Personally, I take the bridge off of every atty I use. To me, the bridge is nothing but inconvenient, but some love to drip with it intact. Personal preference.

Also how do I know If my atty is burnt/useless/fried?

If it's fried, it won't fire at all. If it's tasting burnt, it could be one of two possible things (or maybe more). Either the wick is burnt (good possibility), or you have an abundance of (machine oil?) in it. I've had an atty that I purchased from a vendor one time in which it was completely soaked in this oily stuff that made it taste terrible. It was not primer, or at least not any primer that I was used to. I tried every thing to remove it and nothing worked. Boiling it, twice. Alcohol, mouthwash, dry burning, etc etc.

You can remove the bridge and wick and then give it a nice rinse under hot water. That might get rid of the burnt taste.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I order a lot of my harware from Good Prophets GoodProphets.com - Your view into the world of vaping... they are around Akron (or close to it). If I place an order before 2ish it gets delivered to my door no more than 2 days later. Their prices are very affordable!!!!!

When I need something, I just drive to ElectronicStix.Com You're Premier Vaping Vendor Since 2008 Delivery time .. about 5 minutes :p

The first thing I do with new atties is debridge them. Then I toss them into a coffee cup along with some plain old PGA for a half hour or so. Then I bow the alcohol out, drip about three drops of juice in the atomizer, and then blow that out. No drying time needed, alcohol is e-juice soluble. In fact you will find that PGA is a common ingredient in e-juice (used to add TH)

RandaPandaBear

ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2011
    Cleveland Ohio
    When I need something, I just drive to ElectronicStix.Com You're Premier Vaping Vendor Since 2008 Delivery time .. about 5 minutes :p

The first thing I do with new atties is debridge them. Then I toss them into a coffee cup along with some plain old PGA for a half hour or so. Then I bow the alcohol out, drip about three drops of juice in the atomizer, and then blow that out. No drying time needed, alcohol is e-juice soluble. In fact you will find that PGA is a common ingredient in e-juice (used to add TH)

I use tweezers to remove bridges and wicks yes? Do they need to be special or will regular pharmacy store bought tweezers work?

naga77777

ECF Veteran
    Aug 13, 2011
    NC, USA
    anyone know where to get primerless atties from? Smartvapes is sold out (standard/high resistance), and Ikenvape is down for maintenance.

I did a quick google search for cisco atties, and couldn't find much.

I did get my 510 atties from electronicstix in the mail a while back, and just got around to trying them. Blew it out till no more fluid came outta the threaded end, and added 3-4 drops of juice. Blew that out. Added a few more drops of juice.

Puffed it without inhaling about 4 or 5 times. Tried a little inhale, and ewwwwww. Guess I'll be getting some everclear to soak these bad boys in.

Twisty

ECF Veteran
    Jan 27, 2011
    Bridgeton, MO USA
    Here's what I do with new atties. While watching tv on a commercial break Blow out atty real good. Drop in 5-7 drops of everclear. Next commercial break blow out Everclear real good, add 5-7 drops of pg. Next commercial break blow out PG add juice and vape. Since I've started this process I've never had that primer taste. This is for a 510.

RandaPandaBear

ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2011
    Cleveland Ohio
    anyone know where to get primerless atties from? Smartvapes is sold out (standard/high resistance), and Ikenvape is down for maintenance.

I did a quick google search for cisco atties, and couldn't find much.

I did get my 510 atties from electronicstix in the mail a while back, and just got around to trying them. Blew it out till no more fluid came outta the threaded end, and added 3-4 drops of juice. Blew that out. Added a few more drops of juice.

Puffed it without inhaling about 4 or 5 times. Tried a little inhale, and ewwwwww. Guess I'll be getting some everclear to soak these bad boys in.

avid vaper

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread