Tearing my hair out with atty and direct dripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

naga77777

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2011
NC, USA
When I need something, I just drive to ElectronicStix.Com You're Premier Vaping Vendor Since 2008 Delivery time .. about 5 minutes :p

The first thing I do with new atties is debridge them. Then I toss them into a coffee cup along with some plain old PGA for a half hour or so. Then I bow the alcohol out, drip about three drops of juice in the atomizer, and then blow that out. No drying time needed, alcohol is e-juice soluble. In fact you will find that PGA is a common ingredient in e-juice (used to add TH)

I've got mine soaking in Vodka right now. Gonna see what happens after a good bath :)

Last edited:

MitchellBeans

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
I swear, I'm completely stupid. Cartos work so well for me why did I want to try direct dripping? To switch flavors easily at home. Cartos on the go and for when I don't feel like fiddling.

but the attys just taste nasty or get flooded. i do NOT understand what I'm doing wrong. I have 306 with drip tip, on an ego 650mah or 900mah battery.

These are brand new atties. also have some 510 atties that came with my tornado that I can't get to work at all.

please someone give me an atomizers/direct dripping for dummies?

:cry::cry::-x:-x

I feel your pain. I had a 510 drip tip and a 306 drip tip. I would say the 306 one was better by a good deal. This is of course when the moon aligned with Saturn and it was 4:03 AM in Northern Australia ...

Seriously, I never got any of them to work consistently. OVerdrip, underdrip, whatever. I tried for a long time on different attys, etc ... just was not consistent. When it DID work right, it was really nice, but not nice enough for all the wasted juice / fiddling around....

naga77777

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2011
NC, USA
I have no useful Info to post-- only an anecdote.

After getting the nasty primer taste from the Atty the first go round, I decided to soak it, along with my brand new one, in some vodka. Well it was pretty late when I started soaking them, and didn't get them outtal the shot glass until the next day.

Result: TWO atties that now smell like blueberry pancake e-juice :( gonna try and get some everclear and give them another bath, maybe adding a hot water rinse in between.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread