The Proverbial "Kick in the ...." That Lead me to Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
towrofstgh, you tell a good story of a scary experience. It's a wonder you could drive at 72% O2 sat. Glad you found that you could vape and get off the cigs. You'll find that the ecig with the right juices will satisfy the nic urges and allow your lungs to heal.

Read up on ECF about the juices that contain additives that melt plastic (there are some) and stay away from them. You also want to stay away from any juice that has even a hint of an oil base. I think that there are none anymore, but that's something you might want to search for also. Oil based flavorings are bad for the lungs. There were some cinnamon juices around for a while that used the wrong flavorings. Cinnamon is one that will melt the plastic on a clearomizer.

Dyacetyl has been purged from use, but that's another flavoring (butter creme and the like) that once used dyacetyl for create the buttery taste. It's worth asking about when you choose a vendor.

Here's a good place to start reading for a quick education.
The ECF Library

Last edited:

towrofstgh

Verified Member
Jun 24, 2012
New York
www.facebook.com
towrofstgh, you tell a good story of a scary experience. It's a wonder you could drive at 72% O2 sat. Glad you found that you could vape and get off the cigs. You'll find that the ecig with the right juices will satisfy the nic urges and allow your lungs to heal.

Read up on ECF about the juices that contain additives that melt plastic (there are some) and stay away from them. You also want to stay away from any juice that has even a hint of an oil base. I think that there are none anymore, but that's something you might want to search for also. Oil based flavorings are bad for the lungs. There were some cinnamon juices around for a while that used the wrong flavorings. Cinnamon is one that will melt the plastic on a clearomizer.

Dyacetyl has been purged from use, but that's another flavoring (butter creme and the like) that once used dyacetyl for create the buttery taste. It's worth asking about when you choose a vendor.

Here's a good place to start reading for a quick education.
The ECF Library

Thanks for the head's up on that and I've been through some of the Library. It definitely cleared the issue of the differences between PG and VG because I was clueless when I started.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread