Harsh vapor/throat hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwar503

Jun 13, 2015
Hey guys, new vaper here. Hoping to get some advice on ejuice and why it is so harsh. I was a pack a day smoker for about 12 years, just started vaping on May 28th 2015 and haven't had an analogue since.

I started with a 24mg 70pg/30vg juice which was too harsh so I dropped nic level to 18mg. Still too harsh so I dropped to 12mg and changed to 70vg/30pg which is still harsh on my throat. Going to try 6mg 80vg/20pg next..

Any ideas on why my vapor is so harsh? Analogues were not harsh at all and I would like a vaping experience like that..

Last edited:

Bwar503

Jun 13, 2015
Thanks for the reply. I started with a VV battery @4.2v with a 1.8ohm atomizer from Vaporfi, kinda sucks/over priced.. Used with 24mg and 18mg 70pg/30vg

Changed to a Aspire Sub Ohm battery running at 4.2V, with the Atlantis tank, and the 0.3ohm atomizers. Used with 12mg 70vg/30pg.

Also I feel like I'm chain vaping.. So I assume my ejuice nic levels are too low for my tolerance, but Im no expert obviously..

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Are you tasting the strawberry, or just acrid harshness? If you've burnt your coil heads it might be too late for them.

Also, vapor is a bit different from smoke, it may take time to get used to it. Are you doing direct lung inhales, mouth to lung? Maybe just try pulling the vapor into your mouth and holding, then exhale? You can add a nose exhale too if you want to get more of the nicotine.

TotemHarpy

Jun 7, 2015
Mississippi, US
Something I did for the first few days was "pull" hard, like a cigarette. Since I've found that slowly pulling your tongue back in your mouth and just letting the vapor flow in saved my throat a lot of pain. Hold it for a min, maybe two and inhale. Honestly I don't inhale half the time, I take it into my mouth and just blow it out my nose. Also, if you just quit the throat soreness can still be from smoking cessation. With some people it lasts a few days/a week(for me it stopped after about a week). Others I've heard it lasts up to a month

Bwar503

Jun 13, 2015
Anyone having similar issues with harshness when first vaping? How did you so
Wow.. 6 is too high for me in sub ohm tanks so i understand. ive found a perfect settling point at 3mg/ml. not too harsh but you can still feel it. no wonder youve been getting harsh hits
12 in an atlantis would choke up even the most seasoned smoker!

Really? OK, I will keep trying to reduce my nic levels and see if that helps with the harsh hits. Thanks

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Anyone having similar issues with harshness when first vaping? How did you so

Really? OK, I will keep trying to reduce my nic levels and see if that helps with the harsh hits. Thanks
You can buy plain VG, I believe walmart sells it as Glycerin, just make sure it's USP grade. Use that to mix with your juice to lower the nic content, and at the same time cut the pg down. It might get a little too thick. if so, a drop or two of distilled water is good for thinning.

Bwar503

Jun 13, 2015
Are you tasting the strawberry, or just acrid harshness? If you've burnt your coil heads it might be too late for them.

Also, vapor is a bit different from smoke, it may take time to get used to it. Are you doing direct lung inhales, mouth to lung? Maybe just try pulling the vapor into your mouth and holding, then exhale? You can add a nose exhale too if you want to get more of the nicotine.

I was doing mouth to lung with my lower class vape and lung hits with the Aspire. I do taste the strawberry flavor, although Hangsen's strawberry is terrible.. Coil is brand new and I primed first. I will experiment with inhale techniques. Thanks

Reactions: Lessifer

Bwar503

Jun 13, 2015
Something I did for the first few days was "pull" hard, like a cigarette. Since I've found that slowly pulling your tongue back in your mouth and just letting the vapor flow in saved my throat a lot of pain. Hold it for a min, maybe two and inhale. Honestly I don't inhale half the time, I take it into my mouth and just blow it out my nose. Also, if you just quit the throat soreness can still be from smoking cessation. With some people it lasts a few days/a week(for me it stopped after about a week). Others I've heard it lasts up to a month

Figured my smoking cessation may attribute to the harshness but was unsure. I have gotten comfortable with drawing air through the vape slowly vs a hard pull on an analogue. Thanks

Bwar503

Jun 13, 2015
You can buy plain VG, I believe walmart sells it as Glycerin, just make sure it's USP grade. Use that to mix with your juice to lower the nic content, and at the same time cut the pg down. It might get a little too thick. if so, a drop or two of distilled water is good for thinning.

I bought pure USP kosher VG online, I will try that too.

Reactions: Lessifer

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Did other people struggle with harsh vapor like I am?
I don't remember it being overly harsh, but it was over two years ago when i started, and the equipment was very different back then. My wife, who still smokes, thinks my sub ohm drippers with max vg are harsh, but I think they're very smooth. So yeah, it might just be that you're not used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread