Harsh vapor/throat hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwar503

Jun 13, 2015
If that's what it takes.
The important thing is it's usefull to keep a bottle with just vg+water for stuff like that instead of using your expensive juice.
If you vape on it awhile till the old taste is gone, and the tank is full of vg+water, you can dump that because it's just cheap vg+water, then add you real juice.

Right on, good idea.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
After diluting to 6mg 85vg/15pg the throat hit is almost at a tolerable level, going to bring it down to 3mg tomorrow. I feel like a scientist with my graduated cylinders and electrical conversions. Frick! =)

Thank you all for your replies.

I don't do any measuring; I just eyeball it;
I buy 24mg eliquid - it comes in 15 ml bottles.
The vg comes in 100 ml bottles: I got lots of those empty bottles.
I just
- pour the 24mg 15ml bottle into an empty 100ml bottle
- add an equal amount of height in bottled water
- then fill up the rest of the space with vg - shake a bit along the way
- then shake! shake! shake! and
voila!

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I don't do any measuring; I just eyeball it;
I buy 24mg eliquid - it comes in 15 ml bottles.
The vg comes in 100 ml bottles: I got lots of those empty bottles.
I just
- pour the 24mg 15ml bottle into an empty 100ml bottle
- add an equal amount of height in bottled water
- then fill up the rest of the space with vg - shake a bit along the way
- then shake! shake! shake! and
voila!

If I have 12mg juice and I want to make 6mg juice, I tend to just pour some into an empty 15ml bottle, then eyeball an equal amount of vg, and shake it up. I feel comfortable doing this with the lower mg liquids, and because I don't need a precise 6mg/ml content.

Bwar503

Jun 13, 2015
I brought my original 12mg 70vg/30pg (10% flavor) down twice by mixing 50/50 with 100% pure vg. First dilution was to 6mg 85vg/15pg (5% flavor), then to 3mg 92.5vg/7.5pg (2.5% flavor) which I am at now. It's almost like breathing warm air, no throat hit, massive vapor. The 92.5% vg seems to wick well enough in the Atlantis 2.0 coils, better when its warmed up. Seeing as how flavor, nicotine, and pg were reduced at equal rates it is difficult to determine where the harsh throat hit came from. Now my problem is that since my ejuice is more enjoyable I want to vape more and my battery can't keep up.. New thread time!! Thanks everyone for the posts!

Reactions: Lessifer

TobyT

Jun 15, 2015
You really shouldn't have to play mad scientist with your juice lol. My question would be do you know how the juice is made? When I first started I was using juice from a place that was using alcohol to cut their juice as a flavor inhancer. A friend of mine in Oklahoma sent me some local premium juice from a shop there called Country Vapor. I have been using their juice since then. Their juice isn't harsh weather it is a 70pg/30vg or 70vg/30pg blend. I use Okie Milk and Peach Tree through both my Atlantis 2 and my arctic and love them. Find out if the place you are buying from is using alcohol to boost flavor. If they are, go to countryvapor.com or find a place that does not.

Bwar503

Jun 13, 2015
You really shouldn't have to play mad scientist with your juice lol. My question would be do you know how the juice is made? When I first started I was using juice from a place that was using alcohol to cut their juice as a flavor inhancer. A friend of mine in Oklahoma sent me some local premium juice from a shop there called Country Vapor. I have been using their juice since then. Their juice isn't harsh weather it is a 70pg/30vg or 70vg/30pg blend. I use Okie Milk and Peach Tree through both my Atlantis 2 and my arctic and love them. Find out if the place you are buying from is using alcohol to boost flavor. If they are, go to countryvapor.com or find a place that does not.

How my juice is made? I made it.. Did you read the whole thread?

Kahina

Verified Member
May 16, 2015
Land of many beaches.
Anyone having similar issues with harshness when first vaping? How did you so

From the start ...

Harsh as hell with 18mg on a CE4 with 650mah fixed batteries. I drank lot's of water and vaped on. Not going back to cigarettes.
Harsh as hell with 18mg on a Nautilus with 3.7v a week later (4.2v or higher was too hot), but the CE4 was smooth by this time. I drank lot's of water and vaped on. Not going back to cigarettes.
Slightly harsh with 18mg on an Ego One Mega another week later, but the Nautilus was smooth by this time. Still drank lot's of water, still not going back to cigarettes.

At the end of week 4, nothing is harsh, not even the Mega's 0.5 ohm coils. I can get some harshness still with 24mg but I'm now using 12mg on the Mega as a standard with 1.0 ohm coils preferred. Juice is now mostly home mixed at 70/30 PG/VG. I tried vaping straight PG when I got some just to see how harsh it was on it's own and it's fine for me. It's all in the nicotine. I've got a small throat hit, but no harshness. There's a distinct difference to me.

Oh yeah. Still drinking lot's of water (but not as much), and still not going back to cigarettes.

Reactions: Bwar503

Bwar503

Jun 13, 2015
I had issues for about three weeks with harshness, but that was due to the level of Nic and my vg/pg ratio. For someone that is new to vaping I would recommend lowering your nicotine raising your vg and using a bvc that's 0.5ohms or lower in a tank atomizer that has alot of air flow to reduce the harshness.

I did that exact thing and it worked. Thanks for the reply

Bwar503

Jun 13, 2015
From the start ...

Harsh as hell with 18mg on a CE4 with 650mah fixed batteries. I drank lot's of water and vaped on. Not going back to cigarettes.
Harsh as hell with 18mg on a Nautilus with 3.7v a week later (4.2v or higher was too hot), but the CE4 was smooth by this time. I drank lot's of water and vaped on. Not going back to cigarettes.
Slightly harsh with 18mg on an Ego One Mega another week later, but the Nautilus was smooth by this time. Still drank lot's of water, still not going back to cigarettes.

At the end of week 4, nothing is harsh, not even the Mega's 0.5 ohm coils. I can get some harshness still with 24mg but I'm now using 12mg on the Mega as a standard with 1.0 ohm coils preferred. Juice is now mostly home mixed at 70/30 PG/VG. I tried vaping straight PG when I got some just to see how harsh it was on it's own and it's fine for me. It's all in the nicotine. I've got a small throat hit, but no harshness. There's a distinct difference to me.

Oh yeah. Still drinking lot's of water (but not as much), and still not going back to cigarettes.

Good to know! I am on week 3 still. Got my juice mixture to where I am happy with the throat hit. 3mg 92.5vg/7.5pg works great for me. Not going back to cigs.. What I find hardest is seeing actors smoke in movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread