Total newbie here..

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonnienclyde

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2009
Eastern Kentucky
and I have been reading your boards for about a week doing research.

I happen to see the njoy at a gas station about 4 hours from home. My husband can't smoke where he works, so we started to get it,and I figured I'd do some research first before I dropped 50+ dollars. So, I came home and found you guys and decided to order the 510 from Rocky Mountain Vapors, due to all the great reviews on here. (btw, the ecig seems like the best idea ever!!)

I ordered on late Sun. night, earlier Mon morning and emailed them to see how quick we'd get it because my husband is dying at work not being able to smoke. He said it's be here Wed., Thurs at the latest.

Well, its Sat. and we still haven't gotten it, so we were back at the place where we saw the njoy today and went ahead and bought it because there will be no mail and now it can' t be here before Tuesday, due to Labor Day.

I don't really like it, though. Just about every draw is kind of "wet". Is this just this one and the 510 will be better? I've read a few threads with tips on this one, the NJOY, and am doing the things they say, drawing gentle, etc. Still not very satisfying.

Tell me it will get better and I WILL get my 510 on Tuesday! (dang no mail labor day!)

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
There is a learning curve, that is for sure, but hang in there! I am sure some of the more knowlegable members will be able to give you some pointers. I get the juice in the mouth if the cart is overfilled. I take the cart out, blow on the atomizer and tap it a few times on a paper towel where usually a bit of juice will drain out. Then I put the cart back in and that usually does the trick. Stick with it - it is well worth the effort! ;)

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
I ordered a 510 from RMV late Sunday night. He shipped it Monday morning, and it was here on Thursday. RMV ships orders out fast, but since it's going through USPS, sometimes crap happens during shipping.

I bet you will have it on Tuesday. And I bet you will love it just as much as I love mine. The 510 is a great PV. In some ways, it's better than my more expensive Janty Stick.

AshHole

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Pinellas County, Fl
As you can see from my signature I am new too. RMV is on the opposite side of the country from me and I recvd my order in 2.5 days. I bet its USPS...but it will be worth the wait.

I also bought an e-cig so I could "smoke" at work. I didnt get it to quit smoking. The side effect of vaping is, I honestly didnt like my analogs any more. I had read that, but didn't believe it.

Yes, your experience will get better with the 510 IMHO - a bunch better. I tested (not bought thank God..) some other configurations (like the NJoy) and like you settled on my 510 based on advice on this forum. I will probably be moving up to one of the "mods" soon though - I am enjoying vaping that much!

At first, I had a little problem from overfilling, and some of the harshness from letting it get too dry. But I soon got over that and feel like an "old pro" already.

Initially I would draw on my 510 like I did an analog - like a Hoover going after a dustbunny. I then slowed it down a bit (slow and controlled is the key for me) and now get a good amount of vapor and I get to enjoy the flavor more.

Also, after day 3, its like my e-cig got a whole new life! The atomizer apparantly takes time to "break in". I read that - but didnt believe it. Its very true.

I am finding though, that your choice of liquids/juices can also make quite a difference too. So, if you are not happy with the taste or performance of the juice you get with it, try to find some sampler packs, and also try some VG (instead of PG) type juices. I am partial to them overall. My wife likes the PG juices though.

Welcome to the wonderful world of vaping!

JerseyGirl

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
South Florida
I don't really like it, though. Just about every draw is kind of "wet". Is this just this one and the 510 will be better?

I think it depends on what you mean by "wet"...?

Vapor doesn't have the same feel in the mouth as cigarette smoke. I think it feels thicker, almost "foamier" in a way, especially when I add extra VG to my liquid. I'm sure everyone would describe it differently, but most would agree that it's not the same as smoke.

If by "wet" you mean that you're getting liquid in your mouth, that's not normal. It can happen with any model ecig, but it's very preventable once you get used to your model.

If "wet" means you have a gurling noise in your atomizer, then you've got too much liquid in your cartridge - again, very preventable with practice.

:)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
and I have been reading your boards for about a week doing research.

I happen to see the Njoy at a gas station about 4 hours from home. My husband can't smoke where he works, so we started to get it,and I figured I'd do some research first before I dropped 50+ dollars. So, I came home and found you guys and decided to order the 510 from Rocky Mountain Vapors, due to all the great reviews on here. (btw, the ecig seems like the best idea ever!!)

I ordered on late Sun. night, earlier Mon morning and emailed them to see how quick we'd get it because my husband is dying at work not being able to smoke. He said it's be here Wed., Thurs at the latest.

Well, its Sat. and we still haven't gotten it, so we were back at the place where we saw the NJOY today and went ahead and bought it because there will be no mail and now it can' t be here before Tuesday, due to Labor Day.

I don't really like it, though. Just about every draw is kind of "wet". Is this just this one and the 510 will be better? I've read a few threads with tips on this one, the NJOY, and am doing the things they say, drawing gentle, etc. Still not very satisfying.

Tell me it will get better and I WILL get my 510 on Tuesday! (dang no mail labor day!)

Did you get a notice from RMV that it was shipped, with a tracking number? And did you check the tracking?

bonnienclyde

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2009
Eastern Kentucky
Ok, I talked to RMV and I think the problem is my mail lady.(great customer service, btw!) Its a long story, but I live by her sister and if her sister doesn't have any mail, she doesn't come down our end of the street! I'm dealing with the PO on this problem now. RMV did ship on Monday, and its not their fault, its hers. I had an issue with another package this week also. The tracking said delivered on thursday and it didn't show up in my box til Sat.

It should be here for sure by Tuesday, until then the npro will be ok.

The "wet" problem is 2 things. One is just getting used to it, the other is that sometimes a little liquid will come out, but I think we've fixed this now. Either way, I think the 510 will be an improvement, and just keep that one for a backup.

Thanks, everyone for the advice! I look forward to getting rid of these analogs for good!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Ok, I talked to RMV and I think the problem is my mail lady.(great customer service, btw!) Its a long story, but I live by her sister and if her sister doesn't have any mail, she doesn't come down our end of the street! I'm dealing with the PO on this problem now. RMV did ship on Monday, and its not their fault, its hers. I had an issue with another package this week also. The tracking said delivered on thursday and it didn't show up in my box til Sat.

The "wet" problem is 2 things. One is just getting used to it, the other is that sometimes a little liquid will come out, but I think we've fixed this now. Either way, I think the 510 will be an improvement, and just keep that one for a backup.

Thanks, everyone for the advice! I look forward to getting rid of these analogs for good!

Good to know it's not RMV. The majority of the reports have been good on their shipping 2 days, 3 days tops, mostly to anywhere in the US. You won't regret getting the 510. :)

calvin.8900

Sep 1, 2009

I am quite sure you will like the 510 a good deal more then the njoy. Im loving my 510's , and that's from having a Janty Stick before ( still love the Janty Stick though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread