Vaping alot more than I smoked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoffeeCop

Jan 7, 2010
Maine
Im using the 18mg capu prefilleds - I have a VG bottle of capu which is 24mg, which tbh I don't use that much and Ive got on order some 0 nic flavors to cut them all with (and some blank carts that haven't come yet) - I think if you cut down using 0 nic, a bit at a time you can reduce your nic intake significantly over time and not worry too much. Its the whole one step at a time deal - ceratinly try not OD on nic, it IS a poison remember, luckily there are many 0 nic versions of current faves. At least keep in mind that you're not inhaling a bunch of OTHER chemicals now along with the nic.

How do you know when you OD? Is it when you get sick to your stomach and feel shaky? I don't want to go unconscious. I'm chain vaping in my first 4 days. 24mgs. I have to drip alot.

CoffeeCop

Jan 7, 2010
Maine
Hi all- day 4 into vaping and I have to tell you....I'm loving it. I have a 510 from NHaler and just ordered my second batch of juices.
I started vaping primarily because my recent habit of smoking (started less than a year ago) was becoming more desirable and more frequent. I have an addictive personality (I'm thinking most of us here do) and I was afraid I was heading down a very bad road with analogs. I also have a "self-pacification" habit of either having to be eating or smoking or whatever with my hands. I enjoy the "hand-to-mouth" act. Previously, when not smoking I was stuffing my face and therefore expanding my waistline ALOT! So for me vaping=no analogs and satisfies my need to put something in my mouth...and eliminates snacking. Miracle!
OK- my question is....I was not a really heavy smoker....but easily could become one....but find I am vaping (and desiring to) alot more than I was smoking analogs. Maybe its because its so much EASIER for me to take it into the bathroom and take a few puffs...rather than go outside in the cold. Maybe its much more enjoyable to vape in my car with my window up than to have to unroll the window and blow out the smoke. Maybe its because I am enjoying the taste so much. Maybe its because I feel its safer?
Does everyone vape more than they smoked? The same? Less? Or was it more just in the beginning to pacify the need for analogs? Thanks so much in advance for any and all replies! This is truly a great place to be!

I'm in my 4th day and using my ecig like a pacifier. I chain vape. I love it.
It's much better then analogs.

starchelle

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Georgia
I started vaping within the last week, and am definitely doing it more than I ever smoked. I've only smoked for about a little over a year, but was up to a pack a day. Now I vape pretty much most of the time when I'm off, and even sneak a drag or two sitting at my desk at work. I don't think it's the need for nicotine, I totally agree that it's the hand-to-mouth action that does it. But hey, good news for us all, we can smoke all we want and not smell bad!

I'm also guilty of vaping way way more than I smoked. I've only been vaping for 2 months and I'm still waiting for the novelty to taper off.

Funny that one of the main reasons I switched to e-cigs was to save money. I've definitely been spending way too much on juices and mods. Hopefully this is just me going through the newbie phase of experimentation and finding what I like.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
How do you know when you OD? Is it when you get sick to your stomach and feel shaky? I don't want to go unconscious. I'm chain vaping in my first 4 days. 24mgs. I have to drip alot.

Its almost impossible to OD from vaping, but it is very possible to overdo it and feel a little sick. You feel sick LONG before you OD, but it is a good idea to rinse your mouth out with water if you get a lot of nic juice in your mouth, as the nic is absorbed very quickly there.

I vape more than I smoke in general but not always anymore. In the beginning, oh ya. In general we are getting only 10-40% of the nic in the juices we vape, and analogs have more psychoactive compounds than just nic, and many here find that just nic doesn't cut it. There are whole threads devoted to this in the Nicotine forum.

Vaping is just plain fun. Tastes great, can do it almost anywhere, don't have to go outside to do it, and it is more than enough nic on demand. If you start to feel a little sick, put it down or back off of the nic level a bit. If you are having serious cravings, up the nic a little. Its all a balance, and everyone is different. Some chain vape 36 mg juice. Some are happy with 12 mg juice. You find your own balance, which also includes making sure batts don't run out too fast when you are out and about. All a balance that takes time to master...I'm in my 4th month vaping, and still learning this balance.

But don't worry about ODing. Your body will warn you well before there is danger.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
It's more fun to vape and tatse a lot better.
Besides, if I'm vaping, I'm not munching, and believe me, I am a muncher. My arteries are saying, thank you!!!

Indeed! My propensity for eating candy is greatly reduced...something about those sweet VG juices seems to kill those cravings too! And nic reduces hunger as well. All good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread