Status
Not open for further replies.

Mailablemage

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
Medford Or
I dont have anything to prove.

Sounds like you want to "make a stand".

That's fine, you'll grow out of it. Maybe :)

I once was stopped by a police officer because "there was a call about a teenagers with drugs in the area." He then proceeded to search me without my consent. Confiscate my $150 pocket knife without giving me a receipt(meaning he stole it, never got it back) and lectured about carrying it. It was perfectly legal to carry it and i had a reason to carry it. So now i don't take anything from the police. I am aware that there are good cops. Ive met plenty of them. However i dont trust them

Equilibrium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Georgia
I'm not the world's biggest LE fan, but doing all of that stuff you mention may just get you a ticket, or worse, when a cop may just want to let you off. What you should do when pulled over is to immediately roll your window down, and put both hands on top of the steering wheel in plain view and just be friendly. I have been let off on more tickets using this method than I can count. I was once pulled over for doing 110mph in a Porsche. I did just what I suggested, and immediately told the cop that I was acting a fool and just felt like opening it up. He took my license and registration. Ran it for warrants, and came back and told me that he was a car buff too and to just take it easy. No ticket or warning. He could have locked me up.

I hear ya man!

I own a 2013 Camaro ZL1, cammed up and modded out... Upwards of 700 hp!! I was messing around in it over the weekend and yep, I got pulled over by a city cop. Man I thought the car was going to get towed and I was going to jail. I screwed up and I knew it. I'll fill you in. Lol.
There was a 'kid' in a Subaru wrx and he wanted to 'play'. Well after handing him his .... on the freeway we pulled up to a red light and when it turned green, there wasn't anyone else but the two of us, so I busted a figure 8 in the intersection. Smoke boiling off the tires and I eased off.... Right into the lights of a cop! :facepalm:

I had my license and insurance ready at the window when he approached and I didn't make excuses either. I didn't tell him we had raced on the highway just minuted before though. Shushhhhh.... Lol

I did tell him that I was screwing around with the car and I know that I shouldn't do it on the street.

The dude was so cool about it..... He ran all my stuff and after clearing... He just wanted to look at the car!

I drove away without a ticket AND made a friend with a cop! I'll take that.

Last edited:

Yankez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
Victoria, B.C.
Ok guys here are a few tips

First. If a cop pulls you over or approaches you, film it! A cop is much leas likely to bot do something they arent supposed to if you have video proof. Remember that the police are not there to protect and serve you. They are there to make the state money and get an adrenaline rush. Here are a few things to remember.

"No officer i dont need to show you id."

"Are you detaining me?"

"If so then what for?"

"I do not consent to any searches or seizures."

Remember that vapor coming out of your car is not probable cause for search. Nor is carrying unlabeled ejuice or a pv illegal. The police do not have the authority to search you without probable cause. Nor do you have to wait for them to bring the k9 unit as that would be detaining you without evidence of a crime. Record the encounter and show it to your lawyer after.

You a lawyer? You sure sound like one!!

Why cause problems where there need not be one. Just explain what it is and move on

Brandon0618

Apr 3, 2014
Southern Ohio
I once was stopped by a police officer because "there was a call about a teenagers with drugs in the area." He then proceeded to search me without my consent. Confiscate my $150 pocket knife without giving me a receipt(meaning he stole it, never got it back) and lectured about carrying it. It was perfectly legal to carry it and i had a reason to carry it. So now i don't take anything from the police. I am aware that there are good cops. Ive met plenty of them. However i dont trust them

Just remember, they are people to, they have a job they have to do every day and everyone has bad days (regardless of the action that he did), The good cops far outnumber the shady ones you speak of, being ignorant and "recording" being stopped is just begging for trouble, just be mature and upstanding about what you're asked and things will to go much smoother. Having to trust the cop is not your job, just do what your being told and you will have a much better experience. All people have to do is act their age, people as a whole are much more understanding than you give them credit for.

Cloud Junky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Texas, USA
That reminds me of a time where I was drinking a Pierre sparkling water on the way back from the range....OMG, I got pulled over because it was mistaken for a Heineken....Well I had a nice group of weapons in my vehicle, I think about seven guns total and about 900 rounds. I really did not want to deal with the hassle but the bottled water turned into what the heck do I have so many guns, to ten police cars behind me and my motor was off in the HOT El Paso, Texas sun for one hour.

I understand there is a job to be done and sometimes things get a bit twisted, but I also think that the law enforcement making their curiosity checks should stay current with news and laws.

Mailablemage

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
Medford Or
You a lawyer? You sure sound like one!!

Why cause problems where there need not be one. Just explain what it is and move on

No im not, and i doubt many of the people on here are. However i guarantee that a good majority of us know the local vaping legislation while not being lawyers. Just because someone isn't a lawyer doesn't mean they shouldn't know the law

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
All the sheriffs in my town vape and go to the B&m I started at

The Mrs was an officer for many years before being recruited into the business. She was the Black Belt Criminal Justice major in the department where she brought a lot to the table more so than the off the street hire so she always got a lot of leash. Thing is though her Louie is the one that turned her on to the cigalikes that eventually broke us both from decades long smoking careers.

So once we hit that tangent from cigalikes and found our favs it became almost a revelation though the department and most of the officers upgraded to what we (meaning you and I) know as advanced gear. This isnt expensive or complicated vaping setups just something that works much better than the calculated standard that is the desire of the companies that stand to lose their audience.

I dont wish to go political here but the point is that if you dont get your five dollars a day from a pack of cigarettes you need to get it from some controlled item like a cartridge so that is where every tobacco company has headed. Stay alert as to what is being passed or attempting to be passed around you and please, always take the few minutes to educate someone who is oblivious whether they are law enforcement or just a smoker.

Last night I saw a Home Depot employee on a smoke break and told him he should try vaping. he told me he had one but lost his charger. I gave him my card and told him if he sent me an email I would send him one. To me its the little things, keep pluggin away at the little things and you end up makin big changes.

Mailablemage

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
Medford Or
Just remember, they are people to, they have a job they have to do every day and everyone has bad days (regardless of the action that he did), The good cops far outnumber the shady ones you speak of, being ignorant and "recording" being stopped is just begging for trouble, just be mature and upstanding about what you're asked and things will to go much smoother. Having to trust the cop is not your job, just do what your being told and you will have a much better experience. All people have to do is act their age, people as a whole are much more understanding than you give them credit for.

If you record a police stop is your right as a citizen. Remember that nobody would have known what happened to rodney king if nobody was recording. Recording a police officer is a deterrent. It keeps them from doing something questionable that they would have done otherwise. For example, my uncle is a sheriff in hemmet County. He once told me that a suspect hid in a trash can, so instead of pulling him out they opened the trash can, sprayed pepper spray on the guy, closed the trash can and had another leo sit on the trash can while they beat the sides of it with their sticks. Yeah police are good people. Sure

Equilibrium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Georgia

That's not my post. I commented on it.

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
What device are you using? What drugs can be "smoked" in it? While there are vaporizing devices made to be used with "herbal" substances, I don't know of any e-cig devices that can. :blink:

There are herb clearos you can buy that screws right onto an ego battery (I have one but it stays strictly at home)

Sue1971

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Mass
Ok first off, If you plan on recording the officer you must inform him of it, It's called wiretapping. wont hold up in court and just may get you in trouble...Also you said they are not to server and protect you, they are making money for the state. Uhhhg, think you are just referring to the state police...

Just don't be a jerk and you'll be fine.. :)

My husband is a police officer, and he is NOT like any of the things you just described...lol

Ok guys here are a few tips

First. If a cop pulls you over or approaches you, film it! A cop is much leas likely to bot do something they arent supposed to if you have video proof. Remember that the police are not there to protect and serve you. They are there to make the state money and get an adrenaline rush. Here are a few things to remember.

"No officer i dont need to show you id."

"Are you detaining me?"

"If so then what for?"

"I do not consent to any searches or seizures."

Remember that vapor coming out of your car is not probable cause for search. Nor is carrying unlabeled ejuice or a pv illegal. The police do not have the authority to search you without probable cause. Nor do you have to wait for them to bring the k9 unit as that would be detaining you without evidence of a crime. Record the encounter and show it to your lawyer after.

hudson_macbeth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2014
Levels, WV, USA
Ok first off, If you plan on recording the officer you must inform him of it, It's called wiretapping. wont hold up in court and just may get you in trouble...Also you said they are not to server and protect you, they are making money for the state. Uhhhg, think you are just referring to the state police...

Just don't be a jerk and you'll be fine.. :)

My husband is a police officer, and he is NOT like any of the things you just described...lol

Not quite true. This wouldn't be wiretapping. There would have to be a reasonable expectation of privacy in communication.

That said, just cooperate. Cops are people too, and most are decent to you if you are decent to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread