Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
No such Beast

The one that is Best for may may be total garbage to you.

Suggest you get
1 clearomizer tank Top coil
1 Clearomizer tank Bottom coil
1 cartomizer tank - (2) to cartomizers for testing
1 IGO-L - simple wick and coil Dripper - for flavor testing

Test, learn, decide on preference and advance.:2cool:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The best "tank" does not have the heating element inside it.

P1000670_zpsc5fcf296.jpg

Fizzpop

ECF Veteran
    May 6, 2013
    United States
    I use several tanks. I have some Kanger MT3s, a Zen-Atty-Pro Genesis style rebuildable, and just recently aquired the Davide 3ml tank as well as a sister 2ml tank for my eGo. The Kanger and 2ml Davide tanks are great for on-the-go vaping, the Genesis is great for sitting around the house and I can switch out to the 3ml David on my Provari when I want to mix it up or don't want to worry about keeping my Provari upright - a requirement of the Genesis style tanks.

The Genesis style tank gives the best vape, but the bottom coil tanks provide a very, very good vape and are far more convenient. I like to rebuild my coils and do so with the Kanger coils and (obviously) the rebuildable Genny. I don't like top-coil setups, although many do. All in all, tanks are pretty cheap - with some exceptions (*cough* Zen-Atty *cough*). Try a few and see what you like. I can report the build quality of the new Davide tanks is top-notch.

Note that if you do decide on a rebuildable Genny, the AGT-T2 is a reasonably priced alternative to the Zen-Atty. (Although I love my Zen and make no excuses for it. It is a lovely piece of hardware.)

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    USA
    I prefer the Davide over the Protank. The Protank is widely considered the top of the line clearomizer on the market. Have not tried the PT2 yet, so maybe it's comparable to or better than the Davide. There are many types of tanks, and a step up, imho, is the cartomizer tank. Many options for both tanks and cartomizers. All I vape anymore, other than RBA's. Good luck!

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Last edited:
    I started off with a kanger pro tank and still enjoy it. I've also bought a couple mini kanger t3's that I enjoy as well.

However, I recently bought a phoenix rba clone and i must say that it has been a great experience. totally smooth vape and not as airy compared to the protank. the best thing is you can easily switch flavors but the con is you always have to drip some every now and then.

suspectK

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 7, 2013
    Alabummer
    I use 65%VG liquid, so I've found cartomizers to not get all clogged up by its thickness, and I can easily tell if the holes aren't large enough for the liquid to function properly. So they can bore out rather easy, so a tank is really just the decoration for the cartomizer at that point. Some pyrex tanks, like my cheap smoktech DCT and the not cheap Odyssey Nova, may need the fluid delivery holes to be placed lower than where typical pre-punched holes are located, and unfortunately using a carto-punch to do it myself on non-punched cartomizers can bend the tube. Which makes the carto not fit in the tank from the extremely tight fit it already has.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread