Why Clearomiser over Carto Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Because the majority of people responding to a "newb" is other "newbs" who have no comparative experience. They use a clearo so they think everyone should use a clearo.

I've used cleros, cartos, carto tanks and atomizers. Clearos would be my LAST recommendation. A carto tank is way more consistent, easier to use, much easier to maintain and does not have that "airy" draw that so many clearos have.

Atomizers provide the best hit and flavor but require more maintenance and are more hassle.

Anyone who thinks cartos are more difficult is doing something wrong (user error). I put a new carto in a 5ml tank every 7 - 14 days and do nothing to maintain it but add more eliquid before going to bed at night. And it NEVER leaks. Pretty simple.

Couldnt have said it better myself. Two thumbs way up!

Its interesting to see this shift from an old-timers perspective. 4 years ago clearomizers were kind of the laughingstock of the vaping community as almost all of them leaked like a sieve.

Theyve come a long way in recent months but I still consider them a step down from a carto tank in terms of flavor, ease of use, reliability and toughness.

Incidentally, carto tanks were invented by modders right here on this very forum.

Clearo-tanks have been redesigned and refined in China.

Just thought Id put that out there for those who care about that sort of thing.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Me likee!...Is that your stealth Vape, Bad? :unsure:
The small black BB is one of the mods that I stealth vape with, but not with the Phiniac/Elegance tank. I usually use a less expensive IBTanked cartotank or a clearomizer on it.

Other stealth setups I use are the Smoktech Gripper, a Mini Provari, or my VMod bottom feeder.

BB.jpg gripper_&_knucklehead.jpg Mini Provari 2.jpg Vampage.jpg

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Lots of great advice in this thread. Here's my experience.

I started with a standard ego and the crappy little plastic tip those used to come with. That was over a year ago and I was never able to make the switch from analogs. Eventually I went straight back to my 2 to 3 packs a day of Djarium Blacks.

About 6 weeks ago I had an upper GI endoscopy (read a small camera down my throat) and was informed that I have Barrett's Esophagus. This means if I continued to smoke I would, WOULD not might get throat cancer. Something had to change. The second time around I went with a tank (original ViVi Nova) and my experience was better, but not like my blacks. Then I went trough a few VV mods finally settling on the Vamo2 I now have and found a vape that perfectly duplicated my cloves. There was just one massive problem; my tanks leaked.

Initially I had some leakage issues due to over-tightening. I figured out the er of my ways and stopped doing that, but still would eventually get leaks. Then I discovered (on here) that clove oil, strong cinnamon and menthol can cause tanks to leak and in some instances even crack or melt tanks. That is the issue with an easy set-up; it works great if you are just vaping tobacco flavored e-liquid, but can be a NIGHTMARE for those with tastes such as mine. Glass was not an option as I am a klutz. So until I learned about rebuildables, Pyrex and stainless steel tanks I was in serious danger.

As was posted earlier on in this thread look into Valley View Vapes: About Us!

They are affordable, built like an Abrams and made in Texas, Republic of. Yes I am biased for all things Texan, but a good product is a good product.

To all of those that sell vaping gear PLEASE ask what the person is switching from. Clearos and standard tanks work fine for some, but for people like me they are just an exercise in frustration.

That vendor has done it well. I hate going to sites and not finding everything I need to get started with a tank set up. He's got everything- all the tank parts, tank tool, punched cartos, a mod, batteries and charger. No guesswork as to what goes with what. Other sites just seem like parts bins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread