Wooden Mod (need Input)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
Asdaq those are beautiful switches! Those are the ones Brad uses in his Grips. Sadly the hole is 0.63inches. with a maximum panel depth of 0.23. Have to do some measuring but doubting that will fit.

Gummy do you by chance know the overall footprint of the button and hole size?
EDIT: LOL I should scroll down :( found it

BTW thanks guys I really appreciate the thoughts. I definitely would not be making this without the knowledge Ive gained from you all.

Last edited:

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
Fono Thank you for the kind words.

Man, I like the way they look now. There has to be a way to make it work without having to change the designe. Perhaps thin out the cap and foot and see if you can thinn the side panels to get a little more room...

I think the switch that Gummy posted will work perfectly. The measurements are within the spec I need. (Thanks Gummy )

Now provided my circuit tests out ok I am just waiting on a switch. The pieces for the batteries are drying now :)

Last edited:

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
How about this for battery placement... I think you have room for 18500s in there

box-batt.jpg

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
With the angles and the door I don't think they'd fit. I'm thinking with 2 18xxx lengthwise they would end up centered with not much gap between them. Ruppy, could you maybe take a pic with some batts laying in there for reference? The Internet can be so deceiving ;)

If an 18350 will fit standing up, an 18500 will fit laying down, methinks

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
With the angles and the door I don't think they'd fit. I'm thinking with 2 18xxx lengthwise they would end up centered with not much gap between them. Ruppy, could you maybe take a pic with some batts laying in there for reference? The Internet can be so deceiving ;)
This pic is two 16340s with spring and 4mm wood spacer plate in the bottom
Photo_0B8D93B9-45DF-92C1-3DA8-47729F76F389.jpg

How about this for battery placement... I think you have room for 18500s in there

I never thought about putting them in there sideways :)

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
:2c:
2 16340s or one 18650 are so close to the same size.
If it were me,, I'd put a single 18650 on one side and a TI booster on the other. With a digital pot of course.
But it looks like you would have room for 2 of them and plenty room for a chip/pot. You don't have to locate the batts at the bottom of the box. space them up to the sides just enough that the cover would still fit. Like this

Last edited:

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
:2c:
2 16340s or one 18650 are so close to the same size.
If it were me,, I'd put a single 18650 on one side and a TI booster on the other. With a digital pot of course.
But it looks like you would have room for 2 of them and plenty room for a chip/pot. You don't have to locate the batts at the bottom of the box. space them up to the sides just enough that the cover would still fit. Like this
Well I do have several 4050 chips and 18650s. Would leave room for lots of extras for sure. Little smaller voltage window but honestly I rarely leave the 4.2-4.5 range anyway lol. Now I have to go find Breaktrus resistor chart :p

On the 4050 subject.... Other than pins and a slight difference in size. Is there any difference between the different variations of the 4050 chip? Far as I could see they all link the same data sheet.

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
Last edited:

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
Heres your post for reference in case someone is following along and dosent want to search for it :p

No you don't need a diode, (unless you just want one).
The spec sheet shows that the resistor (either fixed or variable) be placed between the gnd and adj pins.
that gives the base voltage of 5v and up. If you place the resistor between the Adj and v.out pins it will go lower.

credit to Breaktru for this info.
.44 mini Booster Box Mod Variable Voltage

Pick your output voltage range by substituting the 100k fixed resistor shown across Pins 3 and 4 of the regulator with one of these resistors in the chart below. The output voltages are with NO load. With a load attached the output voltage will drop a few tenths of a volt.
Resistor - Low Voltage - High Voltage
15k 3.67v 4.74v
22k 3.77v 5.18v
47k 4.24v 5.95v
56k 4.34v 6.1v
100k 4.56v 6.45v

LOL you beat me :p

Last edited:

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Gummy, I don't think your pic allows for the angled sides, you've set them in the wall. The boosted 18650 would fit though. If the 8100W, then maybe 2 18500's and the circuitry running sideways along the top?? The connector probably wont stick in much, and the pot doesn't need to be on the board--This is looking tighter than I 1st thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread