Wow! Vamo VV/VW V3 for $32

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapus

Jan 28, 2013
United States
Just got the Vamo (18650) from CheapEzy.com and want to share with everyone. It's a beautiful AVP. Hefty/sturdy and feels good in hand, would be a bit clumsy to put in pants pocket, but FANTASTIC to use if you don't need to carry it around a lot. The seller is very responsive. Packaging is EXTRA good. Shipping is quite speedy from China (9 days regular airmail). And the price is excellent.

A nice touch is the hole at the bottom, in case the battery misbehaves.

After a few months' experiment with flavors, atomizers, and batteries, I've decided VV is a must (VW is similar, but more convenient). Given an atomizer, voltage affects flavor a lot. With various atomizers, fixed-voltage batteries simply don't cut it for anything >1.5 Ohm. Simple Ego-twist type works well enough; fancier versions with LED displays etc are nice to have.

Which battery is slimmer than 18650? I'd like to have a VV/VW with changeable battery that's slimmer and easier to carry around.

vapus

Jan 28, 2013
United States
Does the vamo v3 work good
I've had it for one day but so far so good. :laugh: I like the VW and resistance-check features a lot. One atomizer I was about to throw away, but now it's one of my favorites -- it's 3.3 Ohm, way too high for fixed-voltage batteries, even the Ego Twist is not powerful enough. With this gig, it works great. I have four 18650 batteries. This will be my primary gig at home/office.

Last edited:

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I hope this is helpful. The first two digits of the battery number is the diameter. The Last three is the length. So a 18650 is 18mm in diameter and 65.0mm in length. This excludes protection circuitry. Most of the non apvs are slimmer, but the battery isn't changable.

Good information there Demonantis, I think not many people realize that the numbers mean something.

You can use the vamo in 18350 mode which slims it down considerably. I can't think of any VV/VW APVs that use replaceable slimmer batteries that are easily available.
I did some research a few months back and only came up with the L-Rider Robust (can't find anywhere that has them in stock though), which takes a 14500 battery and there is another that take 2 X stacked 14500 batteries out there somewhere but I can't remember the name - something like infinite or something like that.

Abbell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I picked up the $58 kit.. also added some Panasonic 18650 batts. I am extremely happy so far. I still use my MVP, but the VM has taken over. The charger seems pretty good and the Panasonics are 3400 Mah if I recall.

20130805_234347.jpg

The beauty ring can be raised to restrict airflow if I want a tighter draw on a tank....

20130805_234022.jpg

Last edited:

release the kraken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Stalking the Mailman
At fasttech For two dollars more I got the itaste svd over vamo. Like the looks a little better and all reviews of both are almost exactly equal. Vamo edges out as its usually much cheaper than svd but most say svd is superior. At the end of the day it's all in the eye of the beholder. They are both great vv/vw for a third do the price of the provari.

Tony_B

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
mASSachusetts
I bought a V3 a week or so ago, and I'm very pleased with it. Simple to use, vv/vw, resistance check, battery life indicator, different rings for stacking batteries, feels great in the hand (which is a big plus)...
I would def recommend it for anyone looking to move up from an ego and start experimenting with vv/vw.
I bought mine from MVS with a couple 18350's and a charger for like $70 or so. I know I can buy cheaper from other places, but I would MUCH rather pay a little extra money here, than send it to China.

I bought my vamo v2 from MVS as well and got great customer service from them (the 510 connector on my vamo was noticeably crooked and they replaced it for free within a week). It's a great device and feels more solid than the evic IMO.

If you're looking to save some money, the vamo and itaste kits from fasttech are a good deal just be sure to get the kit with the nitecore charger (good charger for the price).

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Just got the Vamo (18650) from CheapEzy.com and want to share with everyone. It's a beautiful AVP. Hefty/sturdy and feels good in hand, would be a bit clumsy to put in pants pocket, but FANTASTIC to use if you don't need to carry it around a lot. The seller is very responsive. Packaging is EXTRA good. Shipping is quite speedy from China (9 days regular airmail). And the price is excellent.

A nice touch is the hole at the bottom, in case the battery misbehaves.

After a few months' experiment with flavors, atomizers, and batteries, I've decided VV is a must (VW is similar, but more convenient). Given an atomizer, voltage affects flavor a lot. With various atomizers, fixed-voltage batteries simply don't cut it for anything >1.5 Ohm. Simple Ego-twist type works well enough; fancier versions with LED displays etc are nice to have.

Which battery is slimmer than 18650? I'd like to have a VV/VW with changeable battery that's slimmer and easier to carry around.

WOW...not bad

vamo v3 mod

Even better price!
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1374101

Last edited:

TheDishD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Penguin,Tas, Australia
I hope this is helpful. The first two digits of the battery number is the diameter. The Last three is the length. So a 18650 is 18mm in diameter and 65.0mm in length. This excludes protection circuitry. Most of the non apvs are slimmer, but the battery isn't changable.

Very close to being spot on, 0 at the end means its a round type battery :) cause you can actual get square or flattery shaped batteries

Matthew Bye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Turlock, California, United States
At fasttech For two dollars more I got the itaste svd over vamo. Like the looks a little better and all reviews of both are almost exactly equal. Vamo edges out as its usually much cheaper than svd but most say svd is superior. At the end of the day it's all in the eye of the beholder. They are both great vv/vw for a third do the price of the provari.

i have to agree i think the svd is a beter bang for the buck not by a lot but it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread