In search of a tank that isnt crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spent 120 bucks on gear and am about to go back to cigarettes if i dont get this solved soon :( I got a vamo v5 and a kanger protank 2. The vamo is great. the protank2 is a piece of crap. I read several threads on here with lots of people with the same problems of flooding and gurgling. i can get it to work for an hour or two then it will randomly start doing it again because, like i said, it is total crap. I just want to buy a tank that isnt crap. something that can withstand citrus/cinnamon. something that works great out of the box without ghetto rigging. something that doesnt start being crap in a few days or weeks down the road. something with cheap heads or whatever it needs to keep not being crap. something that will work on my vamo v5. and preferably something larger like a 5ml if possible but not required. any ideas?

PuffPuffersons

Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
NZ
The Protank Mini v2 is hands down the most reliable tank I own. Can vape it from almost overfilled to dry, flip it everywhich way, carry it in a backpack, and it hasn't yet let me down.

The tank is tiny though, and you do trade off all that reliability with so-so flavour and vapour.

If you don't mind carrying around a massive beast with you all day, the Aspire Nautilus is great. I've only had it for a few days, but I'm getting great performance and no issues with gurgles or leaking so far (at least not any that cant be fixed by vaping on the largest airhole for a bit)
Its got a massive, relatively unprotected glass tank though, and I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for portability.

Storm52

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Shreveport, LA
You'll get flooding and gurgling if you let the pt2 get below about 1/3 full. I haven't had that issue, but it is widely reported. Another issue with kanger bcc is to make sure you check that the coil is tightly screwed into the base. I'm sorry you're having issues with what has been a good tank. I have 3 that I use regularly without issue.

k702

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
lost wages, sin city, NV
For all the complaints I read about the protank I absolutely love my Pt2. It really is a Damn kick ... vape once you understand why it leaks and how to prevent it. 50/50 juices.. flip the little rubber grommet that sits on the post over the atomizer so the walls are facing up. Let the tank sit/ primer puff it a few times before the first hit after filling it. Don't hit it too hard. Don't get juice in the center post when filling. Burp the tank (relieve air pressure) about every 1/3 of a tank possibly more if near empty by opening the bottom as though you were going to fill it, then close it. And if you do happen to get some gurgle hold the tank upside down above you and blow through the drip tip until you hear air flow free. Dab with a vaper towel and viola.

Get other tanks if you really feel the need. But imo you should give the Pt2 another go, it'll treat you right if you do the same to it.

Last edited:

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
They might be a bit old school now, but the vivi nova is still a solid tank that avoids most of the leaking problems that the Protank brings. They are still my go to and replacement heads are cheap and once you get they bug you can re wick the heads yourself. You can buy glass tubes for it, but they usually come with plastic ones.

Just my 2 cents.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi Insearch and welcome to ECF.

I have used every Kanger BCC clearomizer ever introduced and never had a problem. There is a learning curve with vaping--it's not like smoking. It takes some time to figure out how things work and why they work as they do. I've never met a piece of equipment that was crap. Some work better, others not so well, but they all do work.

Experiment and learn and you'll find your perfect setup. :)

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
Wow this community is great! K702 got my rig hitting like a champ. I think I will still order a Aspire Nautilus and IBtanks Carto rig. Upon further poking around they seem to be the top hot thing right now in their respective markets. good recommends guys!

Protanks were the hot thing until the Aspire came out. Now I see many threads where people are having issues with their Aspires.

Pretty much every issue you are having with your clearo is solvable with a little knowledge and a little patience. If you simply buy another clearo, and then have issues with it, what then? You can't just keep throwing money at the issue.

I'd highly suggest just doing a search right here on the forum for your issue. There are literally hundreds of protank threads that describe how to fix a gurgling tank. Most of them involve nothing more than a simple adjustment to either the wick, the coil head or your way of using and vaping it.

Stick at it, I know it can be frustrating, but just replacing something that is not working for you is not really a sustainable strategy (unless you get lucky I suppose)

cvedrick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
League City, Texas
IF you are going to try carto tanks, save yourself some money and frustration, get the UD AGR+ had mine since mid January and have not touched any of my several protanks, aspire adaptors or aspires since then. Way more vapor, way more flavor, no flooding, gurgling burning or leaking, top fill with needle tip and pre punched cartos are cheap.

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
I have yet to find any clearo type tank that didn't have some problem- gurgle, leaky, burnt flavor and or no flavor. Check out IBT carto/tanks. Wonderful flavor, fill it and be set for the day. Slight learning curve the first time you use one but if I can do it anyone can. Also, use whatever juice you want and no worry about cracking. I have been using this setup for close to 2 years now. IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
If you are that hung up on the PT being crap it could be because you suck... too hard on the thing. I can make any Kanger BCC perform like crap by not using it right. Including things like trying to suck the life out of it and running it at a way higher voltage or wattage than it's designed to work at. They aren't meant to be drawn on like a McDonald's shake and just because you have an APV that can run them at 4.5 volts doesn't mean it's a good idea either. I can also fix all those crappy problems by not doing that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread