Status
Not open for further replies.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Provari and Reo way outta my league. Imho, overpriced status symbols like a Corvette or a Harley.
I went through two Vamos and 6 eGo style batteries before buying a ProVari. It was two years old when I bought it, and it's lasted me another 2 years. It's beat to hell from dropping it on asphalt and concrete but it still works just like it should, and since the button is rated for 5 million presses, it should outlive me; provided I don't do anything stupid like knock it into a sink full of water.

...oh wait. i did that too. After it dried out- still worked. I'm sure Reo owners have many similar stories.

There are mods out there with more functions, but you'd be hard pressed to find something more reliable than a ProVari or a Reo. A top notch Nemesis clone with a Kamry VV Kick comes pretty close performance-wise, durability is a different story entirely.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
I've been eyeing the reo for a while now. Just don't want to spend that kind of cash at the moment. The provari is very nice, but seems like older tech. Hana Modz DNA30 looks great as well.

I feel it's when I smoked I didn't want to buy cartons all the time cause in the back of my mind I wanted to quit. So an expensive mod or mech or whatever I would be making a commitment perhaps lol. You could always sell it I guess if that ever happened. A high end device would retain more of it's value.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
...The provari is very nice, but seems like older tech...
Don't buy into that negative propaganda. It's 4 year old 800 pwm chip is virtually unmatched in the industry, save by the OKR voltage regulator and Nivel chip. It's button is the same copper leaf spring technology that is found in the old highly sought after IBM keyboards, rated for 5,000,000 presses. The LED's are juiceproof and waterproof. It's incredibly power efficient. It has more safety features than just about any other mod out there.

It has taken Chinese companies almost 4 years to (kind of) reach a level of parity with the ProVari.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I've been eyeing the reo for a while now. Just don't want to spend that kind of cash at the moment. The provari is very nice, but seems like older tech. Hana Modz DNA30 looks great as well.

I feel it's when I smoked I didn't want to buy cartons all the time cause in the back of my mind I wanted to quit. So an expensive mod or mech or whatever I would be making a commitment perhaps lol. You could always sell it I guess if that ever happened. A high end device would retain more of it's value.

Get a simple mech and a simple kick.

Easier to replace a dropin kick module than to replace a dna30 board inside a box mod.
On the other hand, a mod with a screen showing ohms, volts etc is a big plus. You can get that cheap with something like an itaste vv v3 or an ego v3 mega.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread